So now that Java is going to have exceptionally expensive licensing fees, what's going to happen...

So now that Java is going to have exceptionally expensive licensing fees, what's going to happen? Oracle lawyers going completely shit house and shutting down dev houses en mass? A mass exodus to Rust? Is this the apocalypse?
itak.iaitam.org/oracle-will-charge-for-java-starting-in-2019/

Attached: images (2).jpg (294x171, 9K)

Switch to openjdk maybe?

This is just another way for oracle to charge boomer companies that don't upgrade. Java 11 LTS will be free but boomer companies can get updates for 8 until 2025.

It's can't be worse than swift or c#

>a mass Exodus to rust
God I hope so

Openjdk doesn't help when getting alternatives to J2E gets you sued, or whatever other package names and apis Oracle wants to protect.

The stupid google v oracle bullshit might actually kill this shit lang off for good now.

at first nothing, then eventually companies will start switching to C#

So how power has Oracle got if you use a different language and an alternative standard library over the JVM? The real strength it has is its garbage collector.

Nothing because icedtea exists.

maybe this will cause india's population to come under control

People will just pay more and nothing will change.

>All the pajeets will look up and shout 'please sir do the needful'
>and I'll whisper, 'No."

Sheeeeeiiit

Attached: 9efmy4dh6b121[1].jpg (591x505, 181K)

How fucked is he?

Attached: java 9 new features.gif (849x458, 61K)

>C#
Are you fucking retarded?

Attached: baitweekly.jpg (900x900, 109K)

Based and rich pilled

Attached: 1479938449839.gif (492x376, 337K)

Imagine paying to use a version of C++ that's more bloated than Boost, more autistic about safety than Rust, and more verbose than assembly

Attached: satanialaugh.gif (220x216, 39K)

Got a problem with c# nibba?

this, our company has moved to (adopt-)openjdk completely and our customers mostly too

I don't have to imagine

>laughs in C#

Attached: NYosJm2.jpg (751x502, 52K)

oh yeah and how could i forget Go. i bet it will also start to gain popularity after oracle is finished killing java off