/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
[YouTube] How to Build a PC! Step-by-step (embed) [Open] [Open] [Open]

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>I7 9700K/I9 9900K - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps (wait for AIB partner availability)
2160p (4K)
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive
>2070 Super is a viable option in lieu of AIB 5700XT availability as long as you don't pay more than $500us

>Navi AIB models come this week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
Previous

Attached: howtoapplythermalpaste.webm (640x480, 2.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/Rk4b4q
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/xm4mV6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: kryonaut is good goy, just buy more of it, surely it was user error, try another 20 applications.jpg (2096x5376, 2.34M)

Fix that fucking youtube link, nigger.

Attached: 1392523435414.gif (322x354, 2.83M)

Reminder to everyone being annoyed at fans ramping up and down for ryzen 3000, switch to the windows power saving mode, temp stays glued to 38c if you're just browsing the web.

In the middle is the ryzen balanced, to the right is power saving mode.

Attached: Power.png (573x189, 8K)

Bout to drop a grand on a 9700, asus z390, corsair rgb cube, rgb clc, ram and a m2 ssd. I could prolly get like 400 back from ebaying my shit.

anyone else take the rgb pill? does it fill the void or should I not?

how viable is a 2060S for 1440p? what kind of framerate would i be up for?

The guy I bought it from emailed me back.
It's a Prolimatech Megahalems. So just one of the best air coolers ever made.

Are you a homosexual? Do you enjoy cocks in your mouth? Does the female body repulse you? If yes, take the rgbtq+ pill.

Would it be dumb to just go for the Sapphire Pulse instead of waiting for Red Devil? How big of a difference really is there between them?

Attached: 1545924819936.jpg (250x250, 8K)

I have realized even though I've bought most of my components for my pc, I dont know if I'll be able to get internet on it.
3 floor house including basement, router is in the living room next to the cable box for TV. My room upstairs doesnt have the best table for the 27 inch monitor I ordered so I might put it in the basement and stay cool.
Regardless of where I put my setup, I'm not sure how I'm going to wire the net without making a tripping hazard or ugly wall wiring. I require advice and tips, or maybe a good cheap wifi card recommendation, using a b450 tomahawk

yes to all

Attached: 1336453012083.jpg (179x163, 5K)

forgot to mention, would the card bottleneck if paired with a R5 2600?

Attached: 1565946646983.png (746x477, 53K)

What's the chance that the red devil cards will be in stock within the next 5 to 12 hours in canada? I'm going on a road trip and I dont have any cellular data.

let me just call up the distributor and ask

sapphire pulse = pulse nightclub aka mega gay and you'll get shot up for using it. also probably runs slower
Red devil= Evil power. probably enslaves your soul for eternity. tradeoff is the 33% performance boost because it has 33% more fans than the pulse
You decide

Alright faggots what do you recommend? I’ve been wanting to get a Radeon VII for a while now and yes I know the 2080 Super outperforms it, but I’d be nice to have the extra vram for future projects.

Appreciate it

>does it fill the void

Yes. Yes it does.

why am I laughing

>2k build
>no SSD

What's the verdict on Intel vs Ryzen?

Intel is still the way to go right? I fell for the AMD meme last time I built a PC, but I see a lot of sites recommending Ryzen.

Oh shit I forgot to add one but I was going to buy a 500gb nvme

AMD...never again

Wait...
You mean to tell me I can order a reference card then refund it and buy the aib when it is in stock?
Isn't it just exchange for the same item?
Is this even legal?

AMD has the best memes
Intcel can't compete with "poozen"

There's a reason my new Ryzen 2700 is sitting unplugged in the floor in the other room while I'm still happily on my old i7 4790 in here.
Go Intel.

>There's a reason my new Ryzen 2700 is sitting unplugged in the floor in the other room while I'm still happily on my old i7 4790 in here.
>Go Intel.
What reason?

So what is the reason?

There's a ryzen people are switching to AMD

9700k is underpowered threadlet hardware, shill

Fine. Worse than a 5700/XT, but fine.

lmao nice HDD and monitor

There's a reason that AMD is outselling Intel 4:1.

Gay retard here again.
Can I use my old graphics card on my b450 while I wait for 5700xt?
Pic related, my old graphics card..

Attached: 14-127-521-05.jpg (640x480, 36K)

stop that

It's loud and not entirely stable at 3.7GHz.

It hurt to type out honestly
I swear I'm not getting paid

Jokes on you I already have tinnitus

Yes there isnt compatibilty issues with GPU's

behold

Attached: 4850.png (1178x842, 225K)

Say I have only one PC decent enough to play and stream though software. It's AMD. How many cores do I actually need? Which software should I use, OBS or AMD's ReLive?

Attached: 1565234463212.png (634x951, 822K)

Yes

Attached: brain.jpg (346x346, 51K)

I use relive for capturing moments that already happened. They cache it to ram as well so I actually have a use for 16gb. I use obs for streaming or recording longplays

Should be able to use most old hardware as long as the connectors match up. Just depends on what you want to use it for.

Well shoot then I'm going to buy everything else right away so nothing sells out on me

As long as it has UEFI support, obviously yes.

I want to put something together so I know it all works
Then I can play some old games like tf2 while I wait for availability of the 5700 xt aib cards

I have no idea

>old games
>tf2
fuck I'm a geezer

this is what i currently have but recently whenever i play overwatch, gta v or doom, the frame rate tends to drop especially when i quickly go back to firefox to switch songs while im playing. whats the first thing i should replace to stop that?

Attached: E248541B-7FB6-4336-B620-4A72EB59D3E2.jpg (572x365, 111K)

have many RAM sticks are you using?

>whats the first thing i should replace to stop that?
the everything

Its an 11 year old game now user...

Is a Scythe Mugen 5 the best cooler for the 3600?

just 1 8gb ddr3. i still dont feel comfortable at the fact that it doesnt have a cover on it like how i see on every other stick of RAM.

easier said than done but im a NEET, so i cant just replace everything at once. id rather just upgrade as much as i can little by little

Have you tried using a real browser?

bullshit
my friends a neet and gets 2k/month in autism bux
you can build a computer twice as good for under $500

Not all neets get disability. I don't either

>Not all neets get disability. I don't either
well go get it, then
it's a lot less effort than getting a job, and once you're on it it's really hard to lose it

how the fuck? i dont think i have autism though.

it's really easy. all you have to do is "pass" (fail) a psych exam
just don't make eye contact, don't answer any questions about how things make you feel

I already tried and would have to sue.

im in america, user. disability only applies to actual retards or actual fucked up people. even my hoarder insane grandma didnt get approved for any disability bux

If your happy with your fps in game, why not just use media keys or an autohotkey script to change songs? Also it might not happen if you weren't using full screen.
CPU Upgrade would be the first thing to replace though. While they are technically quad core, they are more comparable to hyper-threaded dual cores because there is only one cache for every 2 cores.
Back when I had a FX-4100 I had it overclocked at 4.6ghz no problem with a Hyper 212.

>just 1 8gb ddr3.
get another one 8gb one, that why you drop frames when using Firefox and Spotify.

i dont use spotify, im not a normie. only youtube, vimeo and occasionally soundcloud

Use Chrome like everyone else.
Chrome won't play the video in the background if it's not the active tab.

Anyone know where I can get an AM4 bracket for an H100i v2 outside of $12 on ebay?
I don't have $12.

Email corsair?

Mill one yourself

>Chrome
Good goy! Give in to the jewgle overlord!

there is internet over powerline, for example by devolo
it works with almost same speed as using a cable
however, the adapters tend to break after a year of use

still better than a repeater, which will give you shit speed

Anybody have an alternative for the lg gl850 that just came out? I just built my pc and dont have a monitor yet. Using an i7 and an rx 5700 xt.

i use chrome too but theres not much of a difference. hell, just doom can be the only thing thats active and frames will still drop especially when theres a fuckton of demons throwing projectiles. same issue with overwatch but its not as frequent

ive been using firefox only recently because anons on this board and /3/ give me shit for it so i thought of trying it out

They show out of stock on their web page. ($4.99)

id be happy if it stayed at around 60 or a little higher and wont dip when theres a lot going on on-screen. also like i said i listen to songs not through apps but by searching on youtube or soundcloud. i dont have a playlist and when i switch back and forth between chrome/firefox to my games, i get a fuckton of lag for about 30-60 seconds till it starts to smoothen back out

I agree with the other guy about adding another 8 gb stick. Not only will you have the additional memory, but it will comunicate faster because there is the throughput of two sticks instead of one.

yeah probably. whatd be the best one to get? should i buy a 16gb stick? and what brand?

Get another 8 gb stick. You want it to be the same or as close to it as the other stick. If you can just buy another one of what's already in there.

Just bought a 4k monitor , i have an amd 570 (lol). I hope this thing scales decently back to 1080 , if not i can still code , play 2d stuff and watch movies in glorious 4k. Waiting for a better price for the 5700xt , its 430 yurobucks and no stock atm for the decent saphire. The reference trash still sits at 450 for some reason.

I'm not sure it's worth him putting even $25 into that system.
He can probably sell it as-is for $150. You can pick up an XPS 8300 with an i7 2600 for $165 on ebay and a GTX 970 for $100. The stock PSU in the XPS 8300 will handle a 970 (I just put one in today), and it has good cooling as well.

Yea I was thinking purely from the stand point of upgrading what he already has.

Open your case and look at the brand and the timings. Type that in. Since you had a prebuilt, you may find that exact one for a decent price.

Try sending an email. Did you buy the cooler used or did you break yours? If you bought it new, 5 year warranty. Just replaced my H110 through them 2 weeks before 5 years, and they sent me a H115i RGB.

Seriously, email them.

I got it out of recycling with no backplate at all.
Then I found an Alienware Aurora R1 and got a backplate from its cooler for LGA 1366. (and if I can figure out a way to refill an AIO I have another 120mm cooler as well)

I sent off an email.

Honestly fuck both Nvidia AND AMD for giving me the choice of either buying the overpriced 2070 super or NO 5700xt at all because they're all fucking sold out.

>July 7

Attached: u4knzfu5my701.jpg (1300x1032, 160K)

Where does the 3600x-3800x lie as far as their roles?

>use Corsair's system to send them an email
>my anime avatar shows next to my name in the auto-reply

Maybe I should've been a little more careful about signing up for the botnet

What's the advantage of an all in one water cooler compared to an air cooler? Air coolers seem to cool about as well while being cheaper and quieter.

>2080 tier performance for for cheaper
thank you AMD

Attached: 5700xt.jpg (1180x407, 73K)

Why is enhanced sync such a buggy PoS

bet you just set everything to auto in bios like a retard

im worried that if i replace the motherboard ill have to reinstall windows 10 all over again (yeah yeah i know microkike 10). thats why im trying to just upgrade everything but that

>ignores to post the fact it's LN2
kys

reminder to report concern trolling and people spreading FUD to gaslight others

there is no brand name or anything, in fact it has no case on the stick. since it was prebuilt i think the RAM stick was just assembled to go with the setup.

should i just buy two sticks of 8gb and replace the one that i have currently?

look at the individual chips

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/xm4mV6

First build ever after becoming a gman wagecuck, please rate, Jow Forums

Going for longevity, would love if the build would last me 5 years min (eventually upgrading monitor, cant afford better at the moment)

Anything to change/add?

Attached: Capture.png (1088x810, 96K)

You dont have to, but its a good thing to do just to ensure that there are no driver issues since you need to clean out your old system's ones. Its also recommended to do a fresh windows install every once in a while just to get rid of all scrap files from older versions.

Mobo upgrades are a hassle.

patriot, apparently. also it wont go back in now :/

Attached: CE376422-A96D-40B0-AAC0-0568345FC7E6.jpg (2773x1937, 1.21M)

>3.7GHz
>auto