Be younger

>Be younger
>have shit tier computer
>have shit tier everything
>be older now
>have the best computer money can buy
>have decent house and stuff
>somehow can never get the same good feeling I had being a nerd back then

Attached: 1549643490854.jpg (1024x768, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tilde.club/~pfhawkins/othertildes.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU
youtu.be/uqSKl7sdUa8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can give me your money, computer and house if you want to get that feeling back.

Attached: 1518637755752.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

>young
>absolute garbage computer
>became older and started to work
>now I have a computer that runs almost every game I'd want
>don't have any time or energy to play games anymore

the issue is not the money you mong. the culture has changed, and the web and its users have changed. it's not full of normies, and all content is on the same couple of websites.

back then people make their own websites and content, and the userbase consisted of actual nerds and not e-whores.

Because >>nerd

>young
>have a garbage computer
>older
>unable to find work due to crippling social anxiety and still have a garbage computer

Same. This all started for me with the death of the old internet in 2007. I have all the money I need to buy whatever computer I want now, but it's pointless, there's no motivation ... there's nothing. Life has become tedious and repetetive.

nostalgia is a huge meme that you're better of completely ignoring

this is the correct answer

>be younger
>have horny
>cant fook
>be older
>can fook
>not horny

Attached: 1551596867385.jpg (124x121, 3K)

What this poster said.

And this.

It's not about the computer, it's about the culture the computer helps you partake in.

You can have the most beautiful front door to your house in the world, but it's what's on the other side that counts.

The internet in the 90s/2000 was amazing - free, novel, new. It was a fascinating social experiment to see how people used this new tool, what it showed about humanity, how people would use it to be creative and destructive in unprecedented ways. It was like nothing humanity had ever seen before.

Now the internet is mostly just a few websites, Google filters searches to control what you see, all Jow Forums posts are logged and you have to be careful what you write lest the Five Eyes come to your door. Windows is not your friend, it spies on you, sends your data to MS and then tricks you into giving out even more. Computer games and music are less and less original and more derivative. It's about money now rather than innovation.

I don't think that one thing killed the old internet, but a few things did in a very short space of time, most notably smartphones, Google and the Facebook empire. When companies noticed the value of data, that's when everything got turned on its head.

Unfortunately as time goes on, Jow Forums will become ever more populated by nostalgic, embittered boomers. No wonder the retrowave movement started up longing for the resurgence of a time when digital technology was newer, more exciting and foresaw a world full of excitement and potential. Now we just look back, because that time has been and gone: it was ironically a lot closer than the '80s thought, it was the '90s/2000s, and now the golden age of the web has died.

Attached: 1557593737032.gif (500x500, 459K)

Everyone says this but there's still a lot that goes on. I blocked Jow Forums in my hosts file for a couple weeks because I wanted to break the habit of coming here and then not doing anything else. I found all kinds of crazy places online during that time.
One of the coolest things was Tilde communities. An admin sets up a Linux server, and you register for a shell account. On the server there's chat, games (like MUDs or just singleplayer fun stuff), and many give you a web directory in your home folder where you can make your own pages that can be accessed through a browser by anybody like neocities. And there are a tonne of these tilde communities out there. How many normies do you think would give a single shit about stuff like that even if they became aware of it?
There's a mentality where what's going down on a website needs to be at the forefront of everything to matter, and on Jow Forums we're just as susceptible to it as people on Twitter are. When you were a kid exploring the internet did you care that a cool site only had 30 people using it? That's the kind of thing you need to rethink and relearn if you want the internet to be fun again.

used to daydream about finally getting a good job and building a monster computer so I can play muh gayms maxed out
fast forward several years later, making bank but haven't touched anything other than Macbook Pros and pre-2007 games

>it's not full of normies
not=now*

>be young
>life's good
>get older
>everything turns to shit

>normies

>Tilde communities

Can you join if you don't code? I'm a Linux hobbyist but I don't know anything about programming really.

This is kind of true too. It was more interesting when it was niche interests. I don't really know where those communities went. I think a lot of them got absorbed into social media rather than having their own designated spaces.

This is why I wish I was born as the child of a millionaire. Those people really won at life.

Same feels bro

Attached: delet_this.jpg (410x230, 30K)

Absolutely. If you can use the command line and don't mind using terminal programs like weechat you'll have no problem at all as a user. The only thing you'd need programming for is if you want to make a program or game for the server.

Not really. When you're a spoiled little shit and you get the best computer straight away, then what's left to do for you?

Story of my life.

I can't find anything about tilde communities, have you got a link or something?

It's not about money but about happiness. Look at Elliot Rodger. His family had a lot of money, and he ended up killing himself in his early 20s.

Well hopefully I'm normalfag enough to appreciate simple things in life and not become some autist.

>now
>after wageslaving several years
>enough monies to fook prosties
>still too ashamed of my fucked up skin

Life is suffering

Like my dad. Not much money at all but spends all his time as a writer living in a council flat, eating curry and listening to jazz. Very happy person.

is a council flat like a housing project or what?

tilde.club/~pfhawkins/othertildes.html

If you have hardly any money the council gives you an apartment as long as you pay bills/tax after you've moved some way up the waiting list. Some of them are utter shit but some of them are quite nice. He's lucky because he got one in quite a nice location.

Oh and to make it a bit more clear how the web side of tilde stuff works, tilde.club is a tilde community and this page is one created by a user named ~pfhawkins.

Thanks user!

>Elliot Rodger
wait. do you unironically think that's a good example

That's called growing up.
You could buy every single lego or power rangers figurine you salivated about when you were a child but you won't do it because playing is just a part of mental development.

The blackpill is that internet was always meant to evolve in what it is now.
Read the unabomber, it's the natural progression of technology to become an instrument of control.
Expect to live enough to see neo luddites and transhuman movements clash in the coming decades.

Lay off caffeine.

Thank you, looking it up now.

its all about spoiled desire. the sense of adventure and excitement disappears once everything is so available. for me, the way to get it back is to make things into personal challenges instead of simply buying what i want. for example, I build a computer from scrap parts and use an unfamiliar OS on it, then see what I can do with it. I don't really get enjoyment from using my nice computers, they mostly end up just getting used for work. Games in general just aren't fun as an adult by myself, but challenging myself is fun. If I was going to play the newest games on a nice computer I'd have to have other people to do it with in person, except if I have company, I'd far rather do something else like go on a hike, go to the lake, or go bowling.

I think the stuff about computers & the internet being too popular isn't really correct. When I was younger I'd have loved to have more friends to play LAN games with, but I only ever had a couple at a time that could afford it. Those of us that could, were never in a position to buy anything we wanted, and we'd help each other out to have what we needed to do what we wanted. It'd have been more fun with even more people. As far as the internet, I think what killed it had more to do with how companies found ways to profit from it, and from increased internet speeds. Everything loads so fast it's easy to not seek out interesting things, and it's also easy to get trapped in websites like Jow Forums instead of finding cool websites. Again the sense of excitement and adventure is gone

>Expect to live enough to see neo luddites and transhuman movements clash in the coming decades.

Sooner than that. Some time in the 2020s, I would have thought at this rate.

ah, i see, you are married, too?

youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU

technology is a tool. if you want to get "good feelings" go outside

If you want an exclusive community you can create one yourself. You're being lazy and searching for excuses.

didn't maek that mistake at least

This, a balance is required.

Also, positives I can think of are:
it's much easier to find information for fixes. I will never ever miss trawling through those shitty tech help forums searching for solutions only to find 'PM'd you the fix :^)' THREAD NOW LOCKED

I feel you OP. Back then I had something I lack now, motivation.

>do >feel that feeling again

yeah instead we have sites filled with intentionally malicious ads by poos & chinks.

And leave your phone inside.

don't go on poo sites?
also early internet used to be a minefield for malware

This. Main reason I got a switch and use my PCs only for work and browsing. At least I can play Zelda while I commute and play smash and Mario party with friends here and there (absolutely hate playing anything online).

>bing bing wahoo
Sorry (man)child, this in an adult discussion. Go play with your toys while the adults talk about adult things.

Timestamp.

>>Expect to live enough to see neo luddites and transhuman movements clash in the coming decades.
Its already here in many ways. Book sales are up in the last few years due to those 25 and younger seeking physical media since it's... novel... to them.
Film photography is making a comeback. Old film cameras and increasing in demand and pricing is skyrocketing on ebay for some models.
There is a youth movement for typewriters as well causing prices to go up on them since they like to interact with something physical, not virtual.
Its happening more here and there, and seems to be ramping up. But I have no doubt that there will be more people in the 2020s semi-disconnecting from computers.

>the issue is not the money
what

/thread

Install linux

>I blocked Jow Forums in my hosts file
>He came back
I told you, you can never leave.
>You can check out any time you like
>But you can NEVER leave
youtu.be/uqSKl7sdUa8

Attached: Hotel California.jpg (958x717, 174K)

>Expect to live enough to see neo luddites and transhuman movements clash in the coming decades.

Attached: 5843268064.jpg (960x401, 56K)

Based

>There is a youth movement for typewriters as well
Aren't keyboards a good enough inbetween?

Nah. Loads of them just end up on coke like an idiot I knew at uni. Rich dad, got everything he wanted, went to a great school, tall, great at sport, reasonably clever, charismatic etc. etc. Could have done anything. Ended up scoring from homeless guys. Of course his parents bailed him out but not before he must have done himself serious damage.

No, since it still just types to a virtual space. A type writer gives you a nice instant print on physical medium.

It's scary seeing how disillusioned and jaded people are becoming.

>Because >>nerd

there is no retreat or take-back.
everyone is on the web and by definition most people are normalfags.

It will be like that anti-Texhnolyzation gang from Texhnolyze.

>waaaa the internet got bad and evil and ugly waaa
No. *You* changed. For the worse.
You ended up being consumed by materialism, to the point of not being satisfied with anything anymore. Consume, consume, consume.
When you were a child, you still had some semblance of a soul, that's why you were able to feel real emotions.
Ironically, you yourself contributed to the supposed downfall of the internet because of this.
Fuck off and fix yourself.

None of what you said is the problem. The problem is that you're not a child anymore. Everyone feels this way about everything they first experienced when they were younger.

Childhood is magic. You can never recapture that magic.

Sent from my iPhone

>Be younger
>have shit tier computer
>have shit tier everything
>get a lot of shit done
>be older now
>have the best computer money can buy
>have decent house and stuff
>somehow can never get the shit done

>But I have no doubt that there will be more people in the 2020s semi-disconnecting from computers.

I would love to live offline at home.

I'm starting to do this more and more. I do work IT support work from home, but I'm making small efforts here and there to otherwise disconnect when off the clock.
I still enjoy shitposting, gaming, and writing programs, but I don't want to have that be my only interests.
Sometimes its just nice to sit in the woods, and just be...

what's wrong with your skin?

this
>finally ahead enough in life to build nice gaming PC
>realize I don't even like games anymore nor have time for it
worst $2000 I ever spent

Could always learn other hobbies that make use of the hardware. 3d modeling, photo editing (LARGE photos need tons of CPU power and memory, my last stitched panorama I took needed 28 gigs of ram to process), music production (Can be very CPU intensive), video editing, etc, etc.
A lot of creative persecute make good use of "gaming" hardware.

kek

>Typewriters
Nope. WAY too inconvenient to anything but a toy compared to even the earliest OpenOffice or Word.
I kinda get the sentiment about physical media.

>Childhood is magic. You can never recapture that magic.

Shit, man. Don't ruin my day.

Yep. There was some info I really wanted and I couldn't find it anywhere, but I expected Jow Forums to have it. I'm going to reblock it soon because it was a good two weeks. Hopefully I can go even longer this time around.

I know this feel. Just recently bought a y740.

>Nope. WAY too inconvenient to anything but a toy compared to even the earliest OpenOffice or Word.
Its not being used in a production environment user... You're completely missing the point.

Story of my whole life

Watching old cartoons from my childhood worked wonders.

only zoomers diss the 90s, bc they were too young to remember what life was like back then, but theyre salty that they weren't a real 90s kid. This is partly the reason why on pol the zoomers are saying shit like "im a real millenial since I was born in 96" and then start talking about wishing millenials didn't exist to begin with. I'm glad I live on Jow Forums now, you anons really bring back the old memories

Attached: 1566281835949.png (1000x1000, 447K)

you have to find niche games that are too obtuse/hard at face level for normies
and the irony of this is that you almost never need a good computer for these games
they are designed to be ran on potatoes

the culture has definitely changed, but money changes things a little too. when you're young and can't just buy whatever the fuck you want on a whim there is more magic to dreaming of stuff you want to buy or building up to christmas where you hope you get something you want. now when you're old and have a job, and can have amazon deliver anything you want to you in 2 days, it's just not the same.

wtf millenials are boomers man, my mother is a millenial

Attached: st.jpg (512x456, 30K)

You can't say Yoomer but you can say Zoomer

Attached: 1534732321800.png (480x561, 108K)

>i love to keep my case usually open
>normies have no idea that the machine can work with the case open
>normies getting excited and your mommy take a picture and brag about how smart you are.

Based.

Shut up nu-gamer, go jerk off with your gay elf game and leave this board

wth how old is s(he)

36 ish

zoom zoom weeee

Attached: yotsuba.jpg (188x188, 8K)

I didn't understand back when I was 7
now I'm 9 and I feel your pain bro

>still poor
>still has shit equipment
>no joy either

>be younger
>parents are poor fags, failures at life in every possible aspect
>be older
>no I am the poor fag, failures at life in every possible aspect

the times weren't better user, you were better

Attached: 1469594748186.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

pokerstars lol