I wanna go back ;_;

I wanna go back ;_;

Attached: winnt.jpg (299x266, 18K)

They looked nice but they were slow as fuck , noisy and incompatible with everything else. You don't want to go back, you just think you do

I wanna go back ;_;

Attached: 1535579575783.jpg (409x307, 38K)

win98se was a good operating system

Attached: 1561185662275.jpg (1279x712, 120K)

>slow
only depending on what angle you look at it from
>noisy
only fragile hipsters are afraid of machines that sound like what they are
>incompatible
absolutely it was shit, at least alphashit had FX!32

still you’re right, the history is fun to read about, they’re cool to look at and even cooler to use, but fuck off if you think I want to go back and pay thousands of dollars for this stuff and put up with no documentation, shitty networking and shitty support

today is the best time to live in the past

I don't fucking miss 56k. I really don't.

Attached: 1543107603213.png (1600x900, 45K)

Dumb boomer

You can even get one of these old machines and run it every now and then but I guarantee you you'll come back to a modern machine after that. They're fun but they're outdated

I sorta agree but it's more of a "wish we had modern hardware but running with vintage software" feeling.

Attached: 2-1500020692-1333340273.jpg (1200x800, 114K)

I fucking don't.

Go back

My old windows 95 and my Mac OS 9 are often more quick than my i5/8go for daily task like text editor, it's crazy how bad software is today. Also GUI are so ugly and hard to understand now

dunno about OP but I personally have a lot of old systems I use on a daily basis alongside my newer hardware, and that only makes running it even better. when I can’t do something on my slowlaris workstation or want a smoother web browsing experience I can just remote into a system that can and have the best of both.

you can't go back.

just don’t use shitty electron apps

Maybe you could kill yourself and be born in the 80's. It's worth a try i guess.

People don't realize how slow those machines really were.
Also CRTs distorted by default graphics on a curved screen with low resolution and had barely recognizable pixels due to cheap outs on low dpi masks.

The only positive thing was that due to the low hardware capabilities the software had to be simple to.
But you can have that today. Just fire up Win95 in a VM and it will a gazillion times faster than it was back then.

I don't want to go back!

My first computer thankfully was a 1ghz amd thunderbird with a tnt2 graphics card. I wouldn't go back if my life depended on it.

Photoshop is way worse, Visual C++/Studio is way worse, Windows is way worse... It's not only a electron/javascript problem

And you can. Just buy one from ebay faggot

>Photoshop is way worse
fucking THIS. i use CS2 on a daily basis and jesus fuck, them moving to that dark matter shit and adopting a subscription model was the most retarded thing

>Photoshop
>Visual C++/Studio
>Windows
I see your problem right here

Attached: gnu.png (1200x1173, 97K)

lol

I miss optimized websites though.

>I wanna go back ;_;

Attached: mexicans.jpg (876x493, 47K)

I browse a lot of sites that are basically time capsules from the 90s and 2000s and I’m not sure what’s very optimized about them other than that they just look like shit. Everything’s vomited all over a single page, often raw images resized in-browser rather than using a thumbnail with a link, man I could go on. Nostalgia goggles get fucked.

Too bad, learn web development or be unemployed.

Integer Scaling might improve the quality of these old bit pics (only if you have a suitable card which might not be worth the cost to upgrade, etc).

>Noisy
Fuck, even zoomers love the old computer noise.

XFCE, MATE

computer sound is /comfy/

take 90s computer and add in lcd. so comfy lol

You grew increasingly unhappy as you got older, and you are associating your happiness you had when younger with the technology available at the time.

analysis paralysis

I have those, those are good for feet massage.

I have Celeron 900Mhz system with W98SE/Office2003, office starts up almost instantly, faster than my 4 core + ssd PC of today.

Is that you J?

>optimized websites
>takes 30 seconds to load a pure HTML/CSS website

where can I get a modern beige case and monitor? Am I going to have to paint them?

Attached: bb.jpg (960x642, 77K)

why?
m$ era = "the dark ages of tech"

There's a difference between some absolute garbage someone made and left up for 15 years vs a proper, well designed site that ended up getting changed to keep up with the trends of the day.

that being said, absolute garbage back then still loaded quickly
it had to, because you had dialup users, so anything that wasn't light as shit didn't get any traffic

no. rgb components = tech dark ages

i just got rid of a wheel hard drive
yes .. (thinking) . it was the final 1.
soon to have all my pcs as pis

>People don't realize how slow those machines really were.

but they had a turbo button

>coming home from school and firing up the family PC because mom and dad are going to be at work for the next 5 hours
>Playing Diablo, DOOM
>Browsing cheat code central and game forums with Internet explorer
>Mom would get home first and make me dinner
>Dad would come over and watch my play DOOM while pointing out enemies over my shoulder
>Dad was blue collar and didn't know anything at all about games or computers but wanted to be involved in what I liked

I haven't spoken to my parents in almost a year :(

Attached: 1561657669695.gif (400x400, 1.26M)

call them before they die you fuck

I know. We've texted a few times. It's just that we're all so busy in our own lives we never sat down an actually spoke on the phone, let alone in person.

I'd shit on you for basing your entire opinion of the eras off of your shitty experiences as an obvious pleb scraping the bottom of the consumer barrel, but if I went back in time I'd have the same experience.

All of the shit from the past we idolize was unobtainium or whitewashed by marketing. Even if it's still fun to fuck around with.

Attached: tek.jpg (1837x1430, 437K)

As someone who has lost loved ones. Seriously user, just call them to just see "whats up".
You'll never know when you could lose them and the regret of not nurturing a relationship with your loved ones will haunt you...

I got to use one of these Tektronixs terminals. They're cool as fuck. The screen is persistent somewhat like eink and needs a current sent across the screen to clear the picture, but you could get shockingly high res 1bit pictures back in the 70s on one.
If I recall correctly, they're a "Persistence display"

Storage tubes are the shit. I saw one once in a random TV repair shop a few years ago that I've been thinking of going back to and making an offer on if they still have it. Too bad I have no proper minicomputer to hang it off of.

nice case!

>Storage tubes
Thats what they're called, thank you!
Another shot of the same model

You can't go back.

Attached: chess.jpg (6000x4000, 1.76M)

>Dad was blue collar and didn't know anything at all about games or computers but wanted to be involved in what I liked
My dad did the same. He has been dead for 3 years. I miss him so much. I wish I could call him

Attached: a.gif (320x320, 1010K)

Woops, fucked up the upload

Attached: 36830597525_144d2dac3e_k.jpg (2047x1365, 626K)

I'm so sorry.

Attached: 1479332582465.jpg (900x600, 88K)

hooooly shit comfy

Damn, those displays look so much nicer in color.

Attached: term10.jpg (2755x2135, 578K)

what a dolt, instead of replying on 4chin just call them

Attached: new-blinds.jpg (6000x4000, 2.81M)

>they were slow as fuck
only if you used shitty software
>noisy
music to my ears
> and incompatible with everything else.
so wrong I don't even know where to start
>You don't want to go back, you just think you do
how the fuck would you know what I want? also, I still use comfy old personal computers, so back off you stupid zoomer

Attached: 1565119550759.jpg (4032x3024, 2.16M)

I've got more Amiga's than I know what to do with atm.

Attached: a600.jpg (6000x4000, 2.37M)

Me too. No normies, niggers and women on social media fucking it all up.

terrible

>call
No, that won't do it, please visit them in person.
Communication is much less pleasant over the phone from my experience.

>People don't realize how slow those machines really were.
Subjective speed of computers vastly improved only lately with SSDs and more accent on boot times etc... But Windows 98 on Pentium II and Windows Vista or 7 on a modern computer (without SSD) run basically equally fast.

Thanks for adding to the depression lads. Fucking hell.

sauce?