Anyone else hate contactless payment technology?

Banks in my country refuse to issue non contactless chip cards now.
People can steal your debit card and use it without the pin
I never use the contactless and always use my debit card as chip and pin
Whats the best way to disable this Jow Forums?
Pic related

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (588x400, 44K)

Just use Google/Apple/Samsung pay instead of you are paranoid.

I'd rather not trust apple/google with my debit card number and cvc code
I love pissing normies off by inserting my contactless card into the reader desu

Nothing stopping you from running a hole puncher through the NFC contactless chip, it's kept separate from the one used for EMV, which is right underneath the contacts.

Use cash

>trust apple/google with my debit card number and cvc code
You don't.
You can only attach credit cards to them.
You also don't need cvc, as they integrate with your bank and only require pin/finger/face

I pay with my banking app.

I live in the US.
People here still do not know contactless is a thing in their stores.
I have used Google Pay in a store before, and gotten the police called on me because they thought I "hacked their register"
Where the fuck do you live where Contactless is not only that prevalent, but "normies" not only use it, but also get upset about you inserting/swiping it instead?

Also, trust me, Apple and Google's Billions of dollar bank accounts don't need your pitiful checking account transferred to them. Your card is probably safer with them, than with your local bank that still uses 10/100 Cisco Catalyst switches in their main banks because they're too cheap to replace them, and "They still meet our security SoP" despite not having had a firmware update since 2007.

Anyway, punch a hole through the chip, or the antennae, or just pick up one of the stupid cheap packs of RFID blocking sleeves from Amazon.

agreed. these things are a botnet. i stick my card in and type my pin in which seems way more unsecure.

>Where the fuck do you live where Contactless is not only that prevalent, but "normies" not only use it, but also get upset about you inserting/swiping it instead?
Europe.

>gotten the police called on me because they thought I "hacked their register"
kek
not him but I regularly over hear normies asking people working at registers if they accept apple pay in the US (probably between the ages of 16-30) so I don't know what you're talking about

>I have used Google Pay in a store before, and gotten the police called on me because they thought I "hacked their register"

Attached: 1563982931698.jpg (1920x1079, 181K)

>People can steal your debit card and use it without the pin
No, you're misinformed. Stop spreading lies. You still need to enter your PIN if the amount you pay is above a certain limit. You still have to use the PIN at an ATM. You will get an SMS code if you try and use it online. If you make numerous low-value payments in a short amount of time, they freeze the card and you need to unlock it.
>You can only attach credit cards to them.
Wrong again.

Western europe, though I have never seen anyone ever getting upset, at least here chip and pin still needs to be used after some total amount using contactless has been used up or the initial amount is higher than the one set by banks for contacless.

I personally just use cash and only use cards when cash cant be used.

>You will get an SMS code if you try and use it online. If you make numerous low-value payments in a short amount of time, they freeze the card and you need to unlock it.
This is different in almost every country and I dont think there is one agreed "standard".

3D secure is available in many countries in Europe, don't know about burgers.

Yeah, not around the south. I'll use contactless pay in a grocery store, and have people calling their co-workers over and asking me to show them how I did it.

The store that called the cops was a Jimmy John's. I went in to grab a sandwich for lunch. The girl saw me tap my phone to the card reader, then have it go through asking me about the amount and all, and she started yelling that "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" I thought she meant, like, "Hey, our card processor doesn't do Google Pay/Samsung Pay/Etc. so it's going to reject that in a second" but she literally thought I was trying to "hack their register" or something, and somebody called the cops. The Store GM got called, and he showed up with the 2 cops, who looked very incredulous about it all. I show them what I did, showed them the google pay icon on the card reader, and app on my phone, the cops thought it was cool and one said "Oh yeah, I do that with my watch in the Apple store!" and the situation was resolved in, like, 2 minutes. The GM said something like "Oh, uhhh, I didn't know our machines could do that." and didn't apologize, say shit to the girl, or anything. People are fucking technophobes.

Greatest country on Earth right here, lmao.

>Whats the best way to disable this Jow Forums?
By going to your banks site and disabling it you fucking retard.

I like how I can just hover my card over instead of touching a reader tens of thousands of people used to input their pin before. Imagine the amount of bacteria on them. Big yikes.

You can call your bank and have the card cancelled.

>go to store to try out contactless while keeping your card in your wallet
>if it goes through, put aluminum foil in your wallet and try again
>call bank and ask them to set the amount before asking for pin confirmation to 0$

i like contactless; it's quick and easy and it works
you should be able to just log into your online banking or at an atm and switch it off if you want to though, it's silly forcing it on people if they don't want it

set maximum payment limit to $1

>Imagine the amount of bacteria on them. Big yikes.
Maybe with a proper diet you'd have an immune system functional enough to deal with that shit, soicuck.

It probably violates some contract OP had with the bank. I think the cards are technically the property of either the bank or the issuer (e.g. MasterCard, Visa, etc).

ok, you broke the card, now what?
you expecting cops at your door?

US banks don't give a fuck, if it stopped working for whatever reason you can call and say your card is damaged and they'll rush you a new one so you can keep spending because it's literally 2 cents worth of plastic nobody cares

>Where the fuck do you live where Contactless is not only that prevalent, but "normies" not only use it, but also get upset about you inserting/swiping it instead?
Anywhere except literal shitholes like the US or North Korea

>samsung pay
>pull out phone
>dumbass cashier says "oh sorry we dont support that"
>"watch this!"
>it bruteforces a magstripe on the stripe reader with a magnetic field using no NFC fuckery at all
>cashier freaks out and cancels the transaction
>keep doing it 3 more times
>cashier and his manager kick me out of the store

Attached: kumiko fuck you.jpg (360x360, 17K)

Why can't you just disable it/put limit to zero?
They can't steal anything if you disable contactless payments.

>The land of the free and the home of the brave
Be glad you're not black

>not using cash

good luck getting traced by your local police department.

I also have a functional brain to avoid that shit in the first place, retard.

Wrap it in foil. But seriously, you’re being paranoid. As I understand it, banks in Burger World cap contactless transactions at $25 without additional verification. It’s probably the similar in your shithole. Worst comes to worst, report the charge and get a new card. I’ve never heard of anyone’s info being lifted though, it seems difficult for most crooks. Maybe get an RFID-blocking wallet if it soothes your paranoia/autism.

Attached: image.jpg (730x660, 238K)

You're a retard OP. Not only are you making your life more difficult for no reason, you think that you are smug doing so. Contactless is safe. It has been used all around the world for ages. There are limits (~$25 per transaction max, no repeated transactions, etc.) on the amount you can spend on it, it'll every now and then still ask for chip & pin. And IF, which is very unlikely, you ever get something reduced from your account that you don't know about, your bank can and will revert that transaction. Don't check your money often? You're a retard, you should always keep a check on your finances.

And they could also just buy anything online

You didn't seem to have an issue with this for decades... and back then it was even harder to block your card without apps instantly

I couldn't find my wallet after getting out of my car so then i locked the card and went looking for it, just fell out of my pocket under the seat. Unlocked the card and all good

If you'd ever taken a hygiene training course, you'd be very unpleasantly surprised at your shit avoiding skills, friendo...

UK has a £30 limit before chip and pin is forced
That's way more than $25 and that's alot of money to me as I like make £7.50 a hour
Also good luck using cash at unattended petrol stations

>UK has a £30 limit
>That's way more than $25
pre-2016 called, they want their exchange rates back

lmao can you imagine being against contactless just because of a reason that has existed since credit cards existed but you didn't care back then

Nice try remain shill

Attached: Screenshot_20190821-113555.png (1080x2220, 233K)

that doesn't matter, cards get lost and damaged all the time.
If the card stops working the bank just issues you a new one, for a fee, they don't fucking sue you

Attached: ZJouvFjQyp.png (635x285, 21K)

OH SAY CAN YOU SEEEEEEEEE

$100 in AUD

Can tap then still enter pin for anything above. Apple pay supports CDCVM and most terminals/banks support it so touch id/face id let you pay over $100 without pin

>For Apple Pay contactless EMV transactions, CDCVM is performed and verified entirely on the iOS device or Apple Watch. During the transaction, no additional customer action is required on the payment terminal or paper receipt to verify the customer, such as a signature or PIN.

Strange. I can choose if I want contactless to be turned on on my credit card (same for debit), and if yes, maximum payment per scan. Also it. Works just for two times/day.

Stop using credit cards and pay with cash. Credit cards are monetary slavery and should be banned from use.

Embrace the botnet my son

Attached: Screenshot_20190821-125150.jpg (1440x393, 76K)

Cope

enjoy your full pockets

Just get a wallet that blocks RFID.

Here in fucking eastern eu we have this, pinless contactless pay has a very low limit and personally I can't send or pay any amount of money over the internet or even change my account settings without a phone confirmation.

I'm betting you're a kraut

Authorities already can know where you are, no gps on required.

also easter european here, I also get from my bank what is essentially a one time pad with codes I use to verify my payments so even if someone stole both my card and phone, unless they broke into my house and stole that too they're not spending any money beyond my contactless limit I set at fifteen dollars equivalent

Banks in my country will pay back any contactless transactions made on a card after it was stolen.
The amount you can pay without a pin is also limited to like €250 before you have to enter a pin again.

For shit like festivals it's a godsend. No fucking drink tokens or special rfid bracelets and whatnot. Just tap you card and pay.

I guess that's similar to the virtual card that most banks provide. Set amount of transactions, payment limits and time limits.

>Anyone else hate contactless payment technology?
I thought I'd go insane coming back home from China, but I'm using jewgle pay now and it's ok. Cashiers here are happy when people use cards of any sort and you only need cash when you want to buy something in the green market (grannies don't have POS terminals)

>Jow Forumsentoomen
>unironically using jewgle gay
The fuck happened to this board, are you really all just zoomer normies nowadays?

I hate al all payment technology besides cash and privacy oriented crypto. Don't have contactless yet so I have no opinion.

Easy one for me it was. Being one of the first people getting a card with contactless chip, went to bank website and disabled contactless payments. Now kids taking my card get only butthurt as they get approached from back when trying to use it, so it is an advantageous step to take. t. zoomer destroyar.

>having kids
You are already several steps behind.

You can cut the antenna inside the card

Europeans be like
>pull out card
>tap
>Merci. Einen schönen Tag noch.
>go away after 3 seconds of interaction with other human being

>human being
alright grandad

Attached: Self_checkout_using_NCR_Fastlane_machines.jpg (640x480, 122K)

Just buy a steel wallet or something like that. Its not hard

where the FUCK do you live that gets your bank card scammed on a daily basis

>the absolute state of americans
I live in a third world shithole and most people use contactless, lmao.

Just try to disable pinless payments or get a wallet that blocks RFID.

>somebody gives an off-hand account of something that happened in a particularly bacmwater area of the countryw
>obsessed third worlders immediately feel their seething inferiority complex vindicated and jump in to yell with tears in their eyes "Ah-ha I knew the USA was b-bad all along ahaha...!"
It's so cute seeying you guys always with a chip on your shoulders.

Attached: 1553670503408.jpg (444x444, 35K)

The shops I go still require a shop assistant for alcoholic drinks, so it's all moot.

Why (You) sell more bitcoins than you need for a mouth?

>Jow Forums - We Hate Technology
What the fuck is wrong with you? You realise chip and PIN is literally LESS secure because a thief could watch you type in the numbers and memorise it, right? And just why the fuck would you inconvenience yourself for no fucking reason? Do you use a horse and cart because cars are just too convenient for you?

YOU FUCKING MORON

I live in the UK and contactless is ubiquitous here. Why is America so fucking backwards?

Attached: confused black guy.png (700x597, 333K)

>nonce cartoon

Attached: opinion discarded.jpg (800x800, 273K)

oi u got a fookin loicense for those memes

based

what are you talking about lol I've lived in the US and UK and debit cards worked with google pay in both

OP I am guessing you are a britfag

So am I

I don't even fucking use my debit card IRL because I'm not a child and I have credit cards - I carry a curve card in my wallet in case I have to use a debit card for some reason but it's linked to my credit card underneath

contactless is the dumbest idea
You can skim cards that are in peoples wallets from afar.
>Google/Apple/Samsung pay
absolute cancer for faggits

chip is the best method.
honestly, I don't worry because I only use credit cards which have fraud indemnity
it's like a firewall for my bank account

Also to clarify why chip and PIN is less secure. If someone steals your wallet with contactless, then yes they can use that to make transactions without your PIN, but only up to £30 transactions in the UK (that's the maximum amount for a contactless transaction), and you can't withdraw cash, since cash machines require your PIN.

Meanwhile if they see you enter your PIN and then they steal your card, then they can withdraw cash at a cashpoint (up to £500 a day in the UK) or possibly even withdraw cash over the counter at a bank if the bank only requires your PIN and doesn't verify your ID (up to £2,500 a day). I've withdrawn cash over the counter and I think I just needed to enter my PIN, but maybe with a large amount they would ID you, I don't know.

In any case, £500 and £2,500 are both much larger than £30. And, like I said, contactless is infinitely more convenient than chip and PIN.

Why is Jow Forums full of luddites? Like I said, do you guys use a fucking cart and horse instead of a car or a bicycle? Fucking idiots.

>I get into debt
Enjoy being a fucking idiot who can't handle his cash properly.

Attached: consider the following.jpg (569x428, 25K)

I've literally never been in debt on my credit cards because I only spend what's in my account, and I use this to build my credit score to improve my mortgage rates.

Remind me who is poor at managing money lol

>cash
a tin foil hat isn't going to stop niggers from raping your asshole and wallet

>You can skim cards that are in peoples wallets
Apparently this has literally NEVER HAPPENED and RFID-blocking wallets are basically a scam, because no attacks of this kind have ever been documented in public. The thing is that the thief, I'm guessing, would need some sort of merchant account with a payment processor, in order for their contactless reader to actually take payments. And as soon as they committed crime they'd just have their account cancelled.

In any case, I have read that RFID-blocking wallets are essentially pointless because such attacks have never been seen in public.

Additionally, the protections offered to credit cards in the UK are higher (like most countries) and it makes reversing charges and theft significantly easier. If my card gets stolen I just call Amex and it's history. No visa chargebacks or any of that bullshit required like when reversing debit transactions.

It's true. You can't just copy a contactless card. They work on a challenge response protocol like most handshake algorithms do - this is technology that has existed for over 20 years. It amazes me Jow Forums still doesn't understand basic concepts like token based authentication and handshaking making simple copy and replay attacks impossible.

but they can do the same thing as the car key fob attacks
they build an antenna and amplifier repeater system that will let them use the next closest persons credit card still in their wallet

>never been in debt
>doesn't even understand what a credit card is
Wow that's pretty pathetic.

No, they can't. RFID is a passive technology and no matter how powerful your amplifier broadcasting the challenge signal the response from the card would be too weak.

I understand that I'm in debt until I pay the bill, but I've never not paid my bill in full, if you want to argue semantics. Do you have an actual point to make, or are you just admitting you don't trust yourself with a credit card because you're retarded

Not him but credit cards in the USA work differently from credit cards in Europe.

Bro did you know that a mortgage is a form of debt too? Is avoiding one of those totally based like paying rent to a landlord for the rest of your life?

This, I use my card for nearly everything because why the fuck would I waste time going to the cashpoint.

Source?

I am from the UK but live in the US and credit cards seem to work identically

Mortgages are a necessary evil; credit cards are unnecessary debt, I just don't see the point myself.

I thought all credit cards mean the same thing - the bank is giving you a line of credit, money that isn't yours, which you then repay.

Just go to your bank account and change the limit to minimum, dumbass, I've got it set on like 10 cents

What the fuck happened to Jow Forums? I bet you retards are using wangblows as well.

I like credit cards because they give me an established credit history in order to get a mortgage - and additionally, they come with points, benefits, and additional purchase protections. If you don't overspend and are disciplined there is no reason not to have one. The problem is people who use it to borrow over time and get bumfucked by interest.

No, they can't. Every transaction above 20 € requires a pin. Also it will ask for the pin after 4 small transactions.

>literally every country has a different system including the UK

>low on coins and small bills a lot lately, had to pay for a few grocery runs with card
>try contactless because I've gotten a compatible card earlier this year
>still have to enter my PIN every single time, even for a payment of fucking 2.54€
What's the point then? Just so you can hold your card on top of a thing instead of sliding it into a thing?

sounds like you're from a country with a retarded version of it lol never had to enter pin in UK or US