Choosing a laptop that actually does work

I'm looking for a laptop with
at least a 7/8th gen cpu
at least 8 gigs of ram
a dedicated graphics card
and at least 256gb ssd storage
and after some sensible research, I've come to the conclusion that the nitro 5 with the 1050 gpu is my best option, but it looks ugly as fuck with all the plastic gamer red aesthetic
are there anything of similar spec and price, or do I have to be forever branded as a "gamer dude" that brought a gaming laptop to a meeting

Attached: nitro 5.jpg (640x480, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gigabyte.com/Laptop/P17F-v3#kf
store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-zbook-17-g6-mobile-workstation-customizable-6ck22av-mb
amazon.com/ASUS-Gaming-Processor-Gigabit-Windows/dp/B07M9SMWMS
newegg.com/p/N82E16834235081
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dell g 3

Dell XPS, hp probook, Lenovo thinkpads and some Asus laptops have dedicated gpus and they don't completely have the "gamer" aesthetic. Google laptops that are good for video editing if that's what you're looking for.
Personally, I prefer something with a strong processor and thunderbolt for external gpu, because I don't game unless I'm near an outlet anyway.

Get the gigabyte p17 if you can find it
gigabyte.com/Laptop/P17F-v3#kf

XPS is a shitty QC lottery mess.
t. owned and returned 7590

Depends where you are located.
Canadian Amazon has open box nitro 5 for $699 which is $300 off
It has HDD, and m.2 SATA slot which you can use to install an SSD

It doesn't look "gamer" unless you think red means gaming. You can paint it over if you hate it that much. The heat pipes need to be big to cool the GPU

Attached: 6212602cv1d.jpg (2748x1634, 310K)

Gaming laptops are SHIT.
The thing people don't realize is that they have one purpose, being a more easily transportable desktop PC.

They are unsuitable for anything else because they are:
-loud
-hot
-have very short battery lives

If you want to game, buy a desktop, if you want productivity on the go buy a productivity laptop and unless you are in a very special position where you need to have a desktop PC in at least two places and regularly move between two places, do not buy a gaming laptop.

It depends. I use mine at work as a workstation as I can't really bring a whole PC. But on my downtime I can play a few games. I just leave it at work plugged in all the time

Yes, that is my point.
They function as mobile desktop PCs, but that isn't what most people want a laptop for.

forgot to mention, can't get dell, for some fucking reason dell shit in my country are expensive as fuck
I mean come on though, I can stand the back lit keyboard, but that red plastic rim around wasd? too much for me

Attached: keyboard.jpg (775x500, 243K)

Lenovo Ideapad 330ICH
>8gen intel i5 8300
>gtx1050
>backlit keyboard

As for SSD and RAM, you can do that yourself

HP ZBook 17 G6 has literally everything you are looking for.

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-zbook-17-g6-mobile-workstation-customizable-6ck22av-mb

can't find that specific model in my backwater country, but I did find the L340 gaming, specs do meet my requirement

is that one good?

>lenovo

is there anything you'd like to add to the discussion?

Yes,
>lenovo

Have considered doing the heavy load while connected to your desktop remotely?

Lenovo y530, upgrade from y520. This model doesnt look like hot gamer trash. Only issues I have is fan ramping up but underclock fixes it.

how are razor laptops?
specifically the new blade stealth

Based, Lenovo is pure shit when it comes to laptops.
From my experience I wouldn't recommend Asus also.
My friend just got a Dell, and it seems really fine.

anything with a ryzen cpu

LOL

The 13 is excellent only the 15s have issues.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I WANT TO GET THE NITRO 5 SINCE IT FITS MY NEED THE MOST
BUT IT'S SO FUCKING HEAVY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

you know what?
fuck it, I'm buying the gram
everything i need the horse power for can wait
doubt I'd be able to do any work during commute so I might as well go for the battery life, screen and weight/form factor

It is really fucking heavy. Don't.

All the XPSes are plagued by poor QC, check youtube for some anecdotal evidence.

Dell Precision or Thinkpad P series.

Which one do you have?

What's a good laptop for 3D Rigging and music making?

What would you choose? Huawei Matebook D14 or ThinkPad A485 (Ryzen 2500u). I heard that the latter had some issues.

a choice between chink shit and obfuscated chink shit
so your choice really

So what else should I buy for $600?

chink shit, obviously

nothing

I've bought several generations of xps from l502x Sandy bridge to 9370 I know wtf I'm talking about and since I'm the sys admin of my company I can tell you which ones get sent back and repaired in one business day because that's what we pay for.

look into workstation laptops instead of consumer garbage that won't last

This. Plus, in my experience, jobs were you regularly need to use a computer outside an office; usually don't require a powerful one at all. Usually a tablet could do the job if you don't have to type much.

amazon.com/ASUS-Gaming-Processor-Gigabit-Windows/dp/B07M9SMWMS

newegg.com/p/N82E16834235081

I've been thinking of getting one of these, can't decide yet tho

Is there a teir list for laptops? I was thinking of getting a well versed think pad.

I'm going to piggyback OP's spoon feeding thread.
I'm on a quest to become Burger ZUN. I'm looking for a laptop for programing, Krita and LMMS.
>Dell g 3
I would buy one but I don't want to deal with Nvidia's Linux drivers.