I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I have some spare cash saved and I'm looking to upgrade my CPU...

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I have some spare cash saved and I'm looking to upgrade my CPU. I have a Intel Core i7-8700 installed on an ASUS Prime Z370-A. Any suggestions that'd be compatible with my chipset? Thank you in advance.

Attached: 2880576-a.jpg (350x350, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A/HelpDesk_CPU/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A/HelpDesk_CPU/

9900k is probably the only one worth bothering with

>upgrading from a 8700
I have an 8700 user, what on Earth would be the reason to move from such a recent (and highly capable) processor?

Are you retarded or something?

t. intcels

>intcel
I will admit, i did fall for the intel meme.

>upgrading from 8700K on Z370
Only option to move up is 9900K. Pointless if gaming and only minor uplift for compute tasks.

This.

Is the Z370 not good enough??

If you want the bigger beef you need an entirely different socket.

bit harsh

9900k is gimped on z370
the 8700 is a perfectly good cpu, what’s wrong?

Sell your pozzed Intcel trash while you can and get a real upgrade, R9 3900X

How long will the 9900K be a viable gaming CPU for?

Is the Z370 not a decent mobo? I bought it after reading some good reviews.

Thanks for all the information, replies, suggestions so far.

>upgrading intel cpu
>while reusing old motherboard
What manner of bizarro timeline is this?

Why even upgrade?

The only option is the 9900k, but it isn't really a huge improvement, unless you're desperate for 2 extra cores.

Most of the newer ones only require a bios update.

Z370 boards literally do not have the necessary power delivery. At best you can almost-but-not-quite get it up to speed by disabling all the power limits and related safeties if the bios supports it, and then hope your regulation doesn't catch fire. Maybe even overclock it if you enjoy six-bullet russian roulette.

What mobo do you recommend for a 9900k?

it's an 8 core that can go to 5ghz single core, it should be good for anywhere from 5 to 10 years.

z390 Taichi is a good upper-mid without breaking the bank, Ultimate if you want the higher speed networking.

What graphics card do you have? If it's less than a 2080ti you have no reason to upgrade your CPU.

This isn't true. I have old SLI 980TI's and upgraded to a 9900k from a 4790k, and it made a huge difference in several games (not to mention productivity applications eg photoshop).

8700 is also a good bit faster than a 4790k. The difference in games between an 8700 and a 9900k is 10% at most. On a workstation it could be worth the upgrade though.

I have a 8700K, it's more than enough for 4K gaming and video rendering.

That's bullshit, I have a 9900k at 5ghz all core on z370

3700x or kys

RTX 2080 Super

I use the MSI Z390-A PRO for my 9700k, not sure about the 9900k though.

Don't waste your money. Your cpu is more than enough to browse Jow Forums and play modern games.