Is it actually possible to be truly anonymous online?

Is it actually possible to be truly anonymous online?

Attached: 1200px-Tor-logo-2011-flat.svg.png (1200x725, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

restoreprivacy.com/tor/
boingboing.net/2016/01/14/how-an-obsessive-jailhouse-law.html
cia.gov/index.html
mises.org/wire/cia-has-always-been-incompetent
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As long as you pay your ISPs with your banking information, no.

The only way to become closer to anonymous is going to a local hotspot

Yes.
Tor network is good enough.
Tor Browser because of fingerprinting.
Tribler for torrents.
I2P and Freenet are also good options.

daily reminder that CIA has regular meetings with Tor devs and they disclose bugs to them before they are posted on project tracker, few months ahead. It's all a fake "anonymity" as long as u dont mess with the CIA or try to blow up something on american soil they dont care.

Lies

restoreprivacy.com/tor/

Isn't Tor also government funded? I'm pretty sure this isn't even a secret.

Attached: is-tor-safe-2.jpg (1202x1178, 176K)

>it's not possible to use Tor system wide and you must use Tor Browser
Why is this site spreading lies? Does it exist just to shill for VPN?

It’s literally a DOD project

this
/thread

>daily reminder CIA can see everything!!!
>meanwhile mass shootings every day

yeah top secret government agency in the world gives a shit about few niggers dying + shootings are a good way to shill "surveilance" as anti-terrorism to normies, the more the better, who gives a fuck about corpses if you can spy in every home after it and say its to protect the schools.

Attached: TOTTALYFELLOWSHILLBRUH.jpg (800x800, 141K)

the point of the mass surveillance isn't to prevent domestic terrorism, it's to prevent a civil war
preventing minor shootings is just a luxury

So
>buy SIM card
>pay in cash
>pay for unlimited data in cash
>be free

Glow niggers were found on 8ch Jow Forums spreading violance. They WANT people to shoot themselves, so they can get more funding for fighting terrorism. I'm so happy, to not live in Burgerland.

You're thinking with your emotions, e.g., not thinking.

glowies trying to spread disinfo so ppl don't use tor, just like in all the zeronet threads, where's your proof?

literally few posts above

>Buy brand new laptop without a camera or mic
>format it, or just straight up replace hdd
>install gnu/linux
>only access the internet through busy hotspots
>never divulge any information that might relate to you, or just straight up create new online accounts with random series of characters and numbers.
>enjoy being anonymous online???

>daily reminder that CIA has regular meetings
post links, faggot.

Your post sounds like a glowie.
Deception is everywhere. Glowniggers trying to make people not thrust others.
In the end, the only ones we don't, and will never thrust for sure, is you, glownigga, and your alphabet soup agencies.

lmfao, this is 10x worse because they can geolocate where you are through cell tower triangulation. There was a guy doing this and he got stingray'ed by the feds. Best option is to "borrow" a neighbor's wifi then run a VPN or Tor

>brand new laptop
you failed

>implying they are not the ones behind the shootings

Attached: 1548558791143.png (382x491, 124K)

I only use TOR to ban evade in games and torrent so IDGAF, it's the most reliable free proxies with linux proxychains.

>borrow a neighbor's WiFi
>not revealing your location

The WTC bomber was given his explosives by the fucking FBI dude.
Domestic terrorists are glowniggers.

You know what? You are right. I was thinking too much about a device without any previous use, and just replacing the hdd with a blank one would make the first step unecessary.

Use an old dish to capture wifi from McDonalds up to 2 km away. Never even have to park outside or go into the dump

Attached: wifi.jpg (1000x750, 65K)

>n-no you're the glowie! don't use tor, it's insecure, trust me!

mass shootings have been predicted since the 60's to push gun control. go read "Behold a pale horse"

see

>sources: Dude trust me

Go back to your paranoid circlejerk on Jow Forums, you alt-right shitcunt.

but in all honesty, do you really think they would allow the public to have access to tools that make then really anonymous? or any means to oppose then in any meaningful way? we are all very naive to believe for even a sec that they dont have the means to know every aspect of what we are and do online. fuck it, they may very well know the specific shade of color inside our asses better than we do.

Attached: escapism.png (500x229, 115K)

Use a pseudonym

Cisco routers are backdoored. Chink routers probably have backdoors too.
Intel has backdoors. ARM devices (mostly phones) have backdoors.
Windows has backdoors. MacOS has backdoors.
Most Android ROMs have a backdoor. Apple has confirmed they cooperate with 3-letter agencies and that their "we won't provide FBI a backdoor" was just a marketing scheme.
Firefox/Tor has a ton of vulnerabilities and intelligence agencies of America, Russia, China and EU are all working on their own software to kill Tor anonymity or exploit the Firefox base of the Tor Browser.

They can get an average person with little to no effort even if Tor isn't compromised. Your average criminal uses windows and android/iOS and usually doesn't run Tor and if they do, they're definitely not running it on open source hardware or even software. Tech literate "criminals" usually end up working for a government or are spied on in alternate ways. Either that or they're a random white/gray/blackhat hacker or "illegal" service provider, which are not a big deal.

ross ulbreight was found by glowies. its not possible currently

absolutely based
Snowden did the same thing

>this is 10x worse because they can geolocate where you are through cell tower triangulation

>There was a guy doing this and he got stingray'ed by the feds.

Cool, that means I can frame normies with my shitpoasts

>glowies trying to spread disinfo so ppl don't use tor
wait a sec, I thought glowies WANTED ppl to use Tor which is why it works, they need a lot of random traffic to make their own blend in, otherwise everyone would know a Tor connection is the CIA

>Cool, that means I can frame normies with my shitpoasts

boingboing.net/2016/01/14/how-an-obsessive-jailhouse-law.html

>Buy a laptop with cash in store, and make sure you're obscured from security cameras (including your means of transportation to get there).
>Install Linux on laptop.
>Spoof your mac address, and only connect to wifi networks that are not your own or your neighbors'
>use Tor and anonymously obtained vpns
>make use of full disk encryption, and use vms and containers to segment your system
>talk to no one about what you do online, and don't contaminate your secure setup with anything relating to yourself or other aliases you have
>congrats, you're anonymous online
Worst case scenario is some government manages to get malware on your system. The hardware IDs will lead them to the store, which won't turn up anything. It's likely they will find whatever wifi your using and try to locate you from there. This where not already being on a person-of-interest list land living a large city will play to your benefit. I guess it goes without saying to manually disconnect the webcam and microphone in your system. Good luck

Attached: 1565979304703.jpg (1064x694, 326K)

what are glowies?
>inb4 lurk more

sounds fair

One more point I'll make is that if you want to be really paranoid then you can have a dummy ssd that you switch out your laptop ssd with every time you power off. Hide the laptop ssd in a somewhat difficult place to get to that requires a screw driver - like inside a vacuum cleaner or something. This will lower the chance of the glowniggers getting your shit if you get raided. Ignore all of my typos in my previous post :^)

Attached: 1565717968148.png (412x425, 284K)

government prosecutors

>attach Rpi with 4G modem to drone
>fly it to the house of someone you want to frame
>poast
>???
>profit

hack a private wlan in a crowded area with anonymous bought laptop. remove laptop after use. never put any data in this laptop. this will give u a 1 in 20.000 so nsa has a hard time then can get it down by 95% using analysis of your writing style mouse movement. so 1 in 1000 trust me, privacy is gone longtime ago. so remember to disable JavaScript will give u little bit back.

Why buy laptop in store and not on like craigslist or something?

Craiglist could work, but you have to first make contact with the seller with your anonymous setup that doesn't exist yet to setup the purchase. You also have to meet them in-person, and make sure they don't see your vehicle if you drive there, and make sure they won't be able to give a proper description of you to authorities. Easier to just get a store or flea market computer desu

No, by design you can't be. If IP packets can find you, you're by definition not truly anonymous.

The best way is using public wifi with modded MAC address

If you don't let your device fingerprint you online and you use an internet source that isn't addressed to you, is it even realistically possible to be de-anonymized? How many cases exist of people have been tracked down through public internet? It's literally safer than a VPN.

>from a store
Wouldn't second hand be safer?

Gets fucking tiresome people posting this shit all the goddamned time without even a shred of evidence or proof, then they usually go on to say you should use a VPN instead which is incredibly fucking retarded and stupid, and in my mind confirms my suspicious that people who post this shit are 100% confirmed glowies. Sorry for the rant Mr FBI agent, I know your just trying to do your job.

What governments can see and what they can do anything about are very different things. Modern governments are literally paper tigers that operate by scaring people into obeying their masses of unenforced laws, or targeting VIPs for blackmail. They've become literal mafias.

>truly anonymous online
how about no?
There are biometric machines that already have you profile from the first day you connected to the Internet.
And that's in a court case

>And that's in a court case
Post it, you shitlicker

The possible threat vectors in that case would likely be security cameras, bad opsec online, and device MAC address which could be easily spoofed. But yeah likely very difficult.

This is a common American problem. Different American federal agencies want different things out of Tor. One department wants it to work to help regime change operations in foreign countries and other spook stuff and another wants to de-anonymize it to catch pedos and drug dealers.

Does anyone here even know what the CIA actually does? They are glorified worldwide census bureau and r&d organization. They have much better things to do than spy on random TOR users for no reason. In fact, a lot of CIA agents are TOR users themselves, especially in international assignments.

If anyone is spying on random TOR users for no reason, it's the NSA, not even the FBI will spy on random TOR users for no reason. Since DARPA invented the internet and TOR, DARPA probably has root access to every device connected to the internet regardless of TOR anyway.

go find yourself
you cock monkey

>pee pee poo poo
nice try cianigger

Attached: 1566347096753.jpg (916x1173, 227K)

See for yourself: cia.gov/index.html

>but in all honesty, do you really think they would allow the public to have access to tools that make then really anonymous?
Considering all the rumblings about the feds *trying* to ban truly unbreakable encryption, yes.
wait, different tact- Question: crime continues to exist.

>we are all very naive to believe for even a sec that they dont have the means to know every aspect of what we are and do online
Sorry, is this sarcasm or you a glow in the dark who's really bored of all the FUDding?

>or any means to oppose then in any meaningful way?
Trump won, didn't he? The entire left collectively went insane and got motivated in response to what they perceived as Judgment Day, didn't they? Russia's trying to keep the partizanship as bad for as long as possible, aren't they? I don't doubt their intent, I very much doubt their power.

but no, you're right, the time to take up arms has long since passed. Go point out to Jow Forums that the idea of citizens standing up to the army is delusion, specify that nothing you could whip up could stop a tank, start hunting power lines.
You know what really annoys me about doomer posting? It's whiny. They'll postulate at length about how whichever agency must be outright omnipotent and rather than conclude "well shit, I need to find a way to do whatever without committing crimes" they have the fucking gall to whine about it.

Attached: 1449075251939.png (1802x905, 203K)

you should be fired glownigger, your slide and mental psyops is weak.

Attached: 1563253653238.png (322x527, 148K)

>thinking the government is behind then
Imagine being this naive.

That's a lie, retard.

Attached: 1341089078.glowbro_my_little_glow_fag.png (864x864, 355K)

I never worked for them in the first place. Everything I said is all publicly available information.

>implying choice of software makes any difference.

Attached: 1566511270140.png (681x347, 79K)

Wow never heard of this before. Mossad’s been working overtime.

Is it worth it change the MAC address to counter any logging that might be done at the hotspot?

why not. It might be better to have a device that you only use when at a hotspot, to 100% distinguish between your own files and files that may have been downloaded at a hotspot. This way they can't make a connection to you.

Attached: 1566465500677.png (624x366, 317K)

>CIA
that faggots cannot stop Russia hacking american elections.

mises.org/wire/cia-has-always-been-incompetent
>One of the nicer side effects of the 2016 election has been the trashing of the reputations of US intelligence agencies, specifically the FBI and the CIA...

>In the wake of the election, the CIA has now decided that the Russians were influencing the election and an attempt to cast doubt on the validity of the election itself. In response, Donald Trump simply dismissed the CIA as incompetent, declaring "These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction." It is entirely possible that the Russians attempt to influence American elections. Unfortunately, the CIA is not exactly a reliable source from which to draw any conclusions.

>Indeed, the whole CIA story remains primarily based on nameless sources and leaked comments, with no evidence provided. Even the Washington Post admits the CIA functions on a model of "drawing inferences" and isn't overly concerned with presenting actual facts.

>The lesson to be learned from all of this is that the CIA and the FBI are nothing more than typical government agencies that spend much of their time fighting little battles on Capitol Hill and are motivated primarily with protecting their own agendas, their own budgets, and their own empire-building.

>what is schoolshooting
dumb mutt

Isn't that sort of thing homeland security's job anyway?

>"Buy brand new laptop without a camera or mic"
Buy a used Thinkpad with cash
>"format it, or just straight up replace hdd"
Buy a small SSD with cash
>"install gnu/linux"
Install Qubes OS, hence why I say get an SSD, it's barely usable on an HDD
>"only access the internet through busy hotspots"
You can't go to one place too often or regulars and store employees etc will begin to recognize you
>"never divulge any information that might relate to you, or just straight up create new online accounts with random series of characters and numbers"
Or just create a pseudonym
>"enjoy being anonymous online???"
You forgot to address pattern recognition (e.g. if one connects to Tor at approximately the same time everyday and then a Tor user logs into Reddit in the same time frame every day as well, they could easily guess that you're that Reddit user)

Attached: tor.png (912x680, 205K)

Surely this isn't as easy as it sounds

It is though

Tor will hide you from nongovernment entities. its impossible to hide from the goberment

What about the frequencies and getting stability? Sure, a signal could be picked up but can it send packets back and forth?

>I only use TOR to torrent
Kill yourself ASAP.

>use public wifi from a distance
>use unaffiliated laptop
>don't input anything online that can identify you
>if ultra careful (IE worried about shit like ) then keep said laptop in a signal-blocking case when not in use
Implying there is anything any government can do about this. Even that much is probably way beyond what is necessary anyway considering how shit governments are at actually dealing with crime. This paranoia people ave borders on deification.

Yes..... Try it

>they can geolocate where you are through cell tower triangulation

this, and with 5G they will be able to locate your anus with a 2mm degree of accuracy

not stealing internet with a modded modem in 2019