Convince me to get a gaming PC

It's either PC or ps5

I have some questions,
How does the graphics card work on a pc, is it fully customized so I like download a game and set the graphics to what I like. For example set higher textures and better lighting and shit, or does the graphics card simply increase resolution and frame rates?

Also, I've heard sony might share their exclusives for ps5, redpill me on that too

Attached: 1566312627408.jpg (680x449, 56K)

>is it fully customized so I like download a game and set the graphics to what I like. For example set higher textures and better lighting and shit,

Yes. Most games will have different modes like Low, Medium, High, or Ultra. From there, you can customize it further and select different modes for specific options. There are options for texture quality, shadow quality, draw distance, field of view, antialiasing, etc.

>or does the graphics card simply increase resolution and frame rates?

You can select any options you want, but how well it performs depends on the graphics card. You could go buy a really old, low-end graphics card and set everything to Ultra settings, but only get 5 fps. Likewise, you could buy a high end graphics card and set everything to medium if you want a really high refresh rate which is common in competitive first person shooter games. The smoothness (high frames) is more important to them than it looking the prettiest.

"I'm too stupid to use a search engine", the thread

Pretty much any PC made after 2010 will work for all modern games. If you want to use graphics mods to max out the hardware then you can go pretty expensive and beefy, but with just standard graphics the games come with there's not going to be a problem. Games just don't tax hardware all that much anymore.

if you are asking this here you are too retarded to build a computer, just get a ps5

is OP serious? do people this stupid even exist?

>How does the graphics card work on a pc, is it fully customized so I like download a game and set the graphics to what I like.

Attached: B78202A6-3C11-49E0-B7B6-F72296E79795.jpg (812x1024, 80K)

Wait until you realize that this is the majority of "people".

absolute state of console plebs

zoomers are tech illiterate just as boomers, most of them don't even have a pc, just console and a smartphone
expect more threads like this in the future

I've never owned a gaming PC, I'm not ashamed to admit it. It's true I am dumb at this stuff

Great answer

I see

OP basically it's like this: You have different settings and depending on your hardware (graphics card, CPU and RAM) you have to play with those to get a good compromise between framerate and visuals. The worse it looks the smoother it is. The better it looks, the closer it gets to a fucking powerpoint presentation. This goes for everything like the quality of textures, the resolution you're playing at, reflections, even small particles.

Also keep in mind a graphics card isn't everything. Without a good processor, you can buy the most expensive graphics card out there and you will still get poor performance. It's best at that point to spend a little less on the GPU and more on the CPU.

I see, thanks

Whats your budget?

Buy a basic PC and just subscribe to Google Stadia.
Welcome to the future

Just under 2 grand, maybe 1700

I have 40mbps internet speed, I wonder if it's enough for that

Have sex, or at least kiss someone

I'll kis u *smoochie*

Thats good. Wait for ampere cards to come out next year. You can get the $500 to $700 priced cards (x70 or x80) which should trump ps5 by decent amount. Then use the remaining cash to build around that.

Cheers

PS5: $450 dollars, 10 games at $60 dollars each = $600 dollars. Total: $1050 dollars. (1080p upscaled to 4k, 60-120fps, lasts 4-5 years)

Decent 1440p PC: $750 dollars + $200-400 monitor + $0 for games = Total of $950-1150. (1440p, 100+ fps, lasts 4-5 years)

Both are ok options. If you have friends who will buy the PS5, that's a reasonable option. If you want the added utility of being able to do loads of different things with your machine, PC is better. If you're uncomfortable with piracy, PC stops being as good of a choice. If you don't care, it means you can try an infinite number of games for free, making it a no-brainer. You can also build a 1080p-capable PC for around 500 dollars and that makes it much better value.

>I've never owned a gaming PC, I'm not ashamed to admit it. It's true I am dumb at this stuff

Attached: 1397564316940.png (768x536, 28K)

You bagging white people shitskin?

Thanks, PC seems more attractive going by this

PC is good choice only for 10+ years old games.
You can play only half of more recent good games on PC, others are only on PS (Uncharted 2, Red Dead Redemption, Last of Us, Bloodborne, ...). So even if PC is cheaper choice, it can't be compared to superior PlayStation

Why are you saying PC games cost nothing? That may be true for some games, but you'll pay eventually. Your math is a bit off too. A PC that cheap is really only good for 1080 gaming.

Big gae

Most games compared to absolutely none. Not to mention how easy it is to still purchase games for really cheap on PC. I bought Mankind Divided at release with all the preorder extras for 30 bucks.

However I agree completely with the cheap PC build. $750 doesn't suffice unless you cheap out on important parts. That 1440p +100 fps would only work for older titles, indie games or multiplayer stuff that's designed to run on toasters.

If the pricing is off a bit on the hardware, my bad, but for games, it really comes down to your willingness to pirate.

If you're going to make that argument, it needs work. The proper TCO argument is that while you're spending 1200+ on a PC, you're getting a better quality of gaming and access to entirely exclusive genres and emulation as well as it being a good PC that does PV things. With a console you still need a PC of some sort or you wouldn't post here so you have to add that in on that side.

Or if you want to lower the price, you use the ship of Theseus proposition. I already have studio monitors, a 1440p60 panel, and a mechanical keyboard. I only need to buy a tower. There's 700 dollars I don't have to spend right there.

A gaming PC (and by that I mean a PC with parts that are conducive to good performance including in games) is by far preferable to a console, even a next generation one.

It offers greater freedom, value, performance, ease of upgrade etc..pretty much everything! Consider that a modern gaming console is essentially a locked down PC that you spend a lot of money upon in order to have Sony or Microsoft tell you what you CANT do with it - you can ONLY play their games. You can ONLY use their online service, You can ONLY do what they permit you to do and any attempt to do otherwise, is to risk having the hardware banned (ie If you mod your Switch or PS4 and take it online so they notice, you may get banned even if you weren't pirating!) which is a crazy idea and should drive home the idea that it isn't "your" console, its "their" console that you happen to pay for the right to use!

Ideally, building your own PC is the way to go about it for the best value but there are some prebuilts that can be decent as well. What questions do you have about PC gaming or PCs in general? I'll try to help but yeah, definitely a better choice than consoles!

Please no

>How does the graphics card work on a pc
It's a second, specialized processor for drawing graphics. CPU tells the GPU what it wants to render and then the GPU does the heavy lifting changing around memory to get the desired result
>is it fully customized so I like download a game and set the graphics to what I like
You can pretty much use any settings you want with any video card (bar niche stuff like hairworks), but you'll get the performance you pay for.
>or example set higher textures and better lighting and shit, or does the graphics card simply increase resolution and frame rates?
GPU increases the framerate by accelerating drawing frames by decreasing load on the CPU. Obviously you're going to want a playable framerate, and the more effects you enable, the more processing power it will take to render the frame and the lower the framerate will be. In short, quality and framerate are inversely related no matter what GPU you use, and a more powerful GPU will give you more room to work with.
>Also, I've heard sony might share their exclusives for ps5, redpill me on that too
probably psnow, which right now is really awful, but they are going to be switching to microsoft's servers so hopefully quality will improve (no promises though). If you can't deal with streaming you probably won't be getting sony 1st party games.

Honestly you can just get a PC and you'll be able to trade blows with consoles easily. I wouldn't believe the lies sonyshills are spreading on /v/ about ps5 performance, pic related

Attached: sony lies.jpg (2000x2470, 1.4M)

>Convince me
Fuck off

Thanks man,
I don't have any specific questions at this point

Cheers

Lookup valve index.

Only shot VR will ever have.
hololense/occulus/ect are all locked down and low spec.

Only one of those games is any good and you know exactly which one. If I wanted a library of exclusive movies I would buy a blu-ray player

The tech savvy generation has already been born. Why do you think companies like facebook can get away with scraping all call and text data from users that had its app installed. People were actually fucking shocked when they found out thanks to when facebook allowed you to download your archive to become gdpr compliant.

I know someone who complained about her work because they dont have wifi meaning she has to use her data during breaks(data is expensive here).
She unironically said"we have this old thing called ethernet" when i asked her how her workstation has internet access. I immediately explained that ethernet is the name of the wire and that means shes just hardwired into the modem and proceeded to ask her whether she thinks ethernet is faster than wifi. She said wifi because "its newer, right?"

In short the future is fucking shit because people like her are the normal, the average. They are what companies will target and try to pull a fast one on. Social media would be dead if everyone bothered to learn why its bad and so would be large privacy invasive shitstains on our earth like the digital assistants that are nothing more than shitty memes

What's your point, your just babbling on about ethernet this, Facebook that

You know, I was convinced my zoomeer nephew was an idiot for getting a ps instead of a PC but looking at this way it does make sense.

I guess a PS5 is a decent choice unless you want to masturbate to frame rates and resolutions

>I see
Keep in mind that having the latest gear will future proof it for about a decade. Planned obsolescence is what ultimately ends the life of old gear now. Hopefully, by that time you'll have grown out of playing video games and it won't matter.

There's also a 100 dollar yearly online membership for PlayStation, not to mention it's overpriced accessories.

The main selling point of PlayStation is exclusives. Performance is okay for casual easy tv gaming. But I hear the ps5 will share exclusives with PC soon, if so I'm done with ps

That sounds reasonable

>It's best at that point to spend a little less on the GPU and more on the CPU.
That seems a bit ingenious to say. Just going from AMD's lineup, an R5 3600 will pretty much saturate an RX 5700 at most games and settings, despite being half the price. Going up a price notch or two in GPU is likely to yield a lot more gayming performance than doing that with the CPU.

Go home Kutaragi, you're drunk.

Of it means anything CoD isn't as fun on PC. The community dies fast and p much no one on mic. Other wise it's pretty good.

The point is most people are tech illiterate and this boomer idea that all kids are good with computers is stupid