Why do you use Linux?

Why do you use Linux?

Attached: bc7526cfc00a9b72fd0e01f5a9e1c600.png (220x259, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/review/1683-linux-vs-windows-threadripper-vs-core-i9/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because I personally like it, and also my job is to make software for Linux.

It fullfills all of my needs when it comes to a computer
also it's free so that's a plus

Fun to use, ultimate freedom over my machine

Fulfills all my needs and runs much faster than Windows does on my underpowered machine.

Utter convenience. Also, very few 5000+ core clusters come with Windows or MacOS preinstalled.

>fulfils all my needs
Can it fill the hole in my heart?

Attached: feel-lappy.jpg (484x497, 35K)

only if you combine it with anime

Attached: cutepenguins.jpg (1160x1360, 166K)

Part paranoia, part appreciation for the design of *nix systems, and also partly the fact that using GNU/Linux is comfy

I dual boot as any normal person would.
Shit this battle of OS is so retarded when you consider how easy it is to create a new partition and put WIndows on it.

Attached: 165156.jpg (900x500, 41K)

Because it is the best combination of least shit and usable without actually having to tinker that much.

Other platforms like the usual BSDs may be more well thought off, but they are unusable out of the box. Setup is hell compared to linux.

Windows is literally only good for people who are computer illiterate and have learning difficulties.

I don't, Windows for desktop and company-unix and openbsd for firewalls and routers.

I will probably switch to ubuntu one day, it all depends on if windows 10 improves or not.

Because I'm a fucking degenerative imbecile.

Windows sucks balls and the bootloader always breaks.

because it allows me to use my computer with minimal extra bullshit
and before the open defecation squad pulls up, no, I don't care for CAD, Adobe software or whatever the fuck, a text editor and a terminal pays all the bills for me

Only if you are an idiot who cant install W10 LTSC or 7 and disable updates.

Because I'm learning programming

because its better and your a brainlet
techspot.com/review/1683-linux-vs-windows-threadripper-vs-core-i9/

I use it on cheap laptops I bought for use on vacations/when going out to play tabletop games/need a quick, light OS to boot. The stock W10 is bloated AF and just didn't work for the amount of space the laptops had. I also just like the user-interface more, but I like gaming so I'm stuck on W7/W8 until I upgrade.

>only if you are an idiot that doesn't use the 10 year old version of windows or a long term support build of it that doesn't get the newest performance updates as they roll out

Listen to yourself

What's wrong with what I said? just install your drivers and disable that garbage of "windows update" and that's it, don't be stupid.
Also i said to dual boot only to use it for programs like Photoshop or Excel and maybe some games.

Because it was preinstalled on my phone?

Also why isn't it called Android/Linux?

because its free and i can act like i am a better person than a itard or wintard.

>why isn't it called Windows/NT
>why isn't it called macOS/XNU

Because I have actual work to do.

>your a brainlet

Attached: 6a8.png (404x411, 214K)

>because its free and i can act like i am a better person than a itard or wintard.
Using a free alternative to a paid software/OS that has actual good programs and actually works doesn't make you look smarter, jut poor.
>B-but Gimp and Krita!
>LibreOffice!

free as in freedom, my dear Walmart supervisor

It does what I tell it to do. No automatic updating and installing candy crush malware. It's also fast and customizable, support for scientific/engineering software is very good, even our labs in uni use debian for circuit simulation classes.

So is your time worthless?
>Winddows
>get photoshop and install it all in less than half an hour
>GNU/Linux
>needs to make Wine works and it will only do it with an old version if anything
Amazing freedom you got there.

>Gimp
>Krita
>LibreOffice
Why do windows/macfags assume everyone is a graphic designer or some kind of wagie spreadsheet maker?
What development software is lacking on linux? What if I wanted to use git on Windows, would I be forced to use some crappy GUI? Honest question

>photoshop
Literal cloud only botnet. Can't even use it for a month if you're offline. Imagine being a wildlife photographer in the middle of nowhere. You can't edit photos because creative cloud CC requires activation. What kind of retarded system is this?
>muh design
I swear every fucking normalfag I meet does something in photoshop. Is this some kind of badge of honor to signal to other normalfags that you are creative person or something?

kek

Because it extends my toaster's utility.

with 4 tabs open to modern websites in firefox, void uses less than 750MB memory, whereas windows would use more than 1GB without anything open. for older, lower-performance computers, linux has been pretty great

linux is a kernel

Attached: 1566457832466.png (480x360, 105K)

I just can't go back to windows after getting used to linux. Things are way comfier.

Because it's fun to fiddle with your computer until its the way you want it. (t. Emacs user)

I thought Jow Forums loves technology.

Emacs in WSL is the only way to make Win10 usable.

because windows isnt optimal for learning pentesting

The CLI and the functionality it brings. Microsoft's powershell or whatever isn't half as useful. Also the ability to upgrade all software at once, knowing that nobody is spying on your shit, and not being forced to update your computer at inconvenient times are a plus

But most people use Linux for identity reasons though, they think it makes them cool hackers.