Name one (1), good gaming laptop that isn't a hot, loud, mess

Name one (1), good gaming laptop that isn't a hot, loud, mess.

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 10K)

I really don't understand. Switchable graphics have been a thing for almost a decade now. Shouldn't these laptops run just as cool and quiet as normalfag laptops EXCEPT when playing video games?

>good
>gaming
>laptop
pick 2
then fuck off back to /v/

They should be cool and quiet even when you play video games.

How can be someone comfortable using a laptop when your keyboard reaches temperatures in the mid 50 Celsius? How do you guys do it?

I agree, I'm just saying that even when they're not gaming, they're STILL hot as shit. I'd at least be able to cope with the performance if the heat/sound issues only occurred during intense gameplay

MSI gs65. I use the shit out of it, everything from gaming to workhorse tasks.

Sleek, sexy, super thin, smallest power brick I've seen on a laptop like this, not branded with gay ass gamer logos everywhere, fully customizable keyboard and optional lighting per key (excellent for setting up program-based macros), webcam placed at the proper location (no nose cam), great SSD storage + additional drive, touchpad is done properly (no fucking stupid buttons, and it actually tracks well), sexy black and gold design makes you look like the smartest man in the meeting room, fan is very quiet, doesn't overheat.

Best of all, reasonably priced.

Attached: 1564638596637.jpg (720x469, 71K)

Im juggling between that and an alienware. How is linux on it?

Attached: hhlTL1x.jpg (1024x1024, 515K)

my alienware m18x from 2012, the only laptop I've ever used that was quiet and even when the fans ramped up it was a nice low humming

Do NOT get Alienware..
It's so overpriced for the hardware.

Linux runs fine. I run Ubuntu through the Windows Linux Subsystem, and works fine. I do a lot of python programming and web development, and this thing just chews through anything I throw at it. That includes machine learning. I've developed recurrent neural networks with a fuckton of nodes, and the GPU/CPU handled it like a pro.

The design is beautiful, and the hardware is beast. I seriously cannot say enough good stuff about the gs65.

They are damn close in terms of price range for the 2070, Though I will lean towards the GS65, others have been saying they love theirs, I'll have to find out some way to spend time with the keyboards.

>super thin
why would anyone want that? no chance for cooling

if it doesn't overheat, you're using it to for small tasks, at proper gpu/cpu load it gets into the 48C territory on the keyboard, and close to 50dB fan noise levels
that is really uncomfortable

Yeah, they really don't know how to make a decent laptop anymore.

2019 Aero series apparently very good perf/temp, still noisy under load but given the physical restraints that's kind of a given unless you want a 3" thick brick like Area-51M or a Clevo/Sager. Aesthetics very nice too and has OLED panel. Only thing that looks like it sucks a bit is the power adapter, but can't win them all, everything else ticks the boxes and doesn't look like an 80's sci-fi movie

I actually like thick laptops. Thin gaming laptops are retarded.

>gaming laptop
NO.

Gaming laptops are inherently a meme.

Why not just play less demanding games on a normal laptop?

Attached: 1410052130045.jpg (467x641, 130K)

you can't play almost anything without a dedicated gpu, not even games from 10 years ago

True, but they shouldn't be.

>implying there have been games worth playing in the last 20 years
There's no reason to own a gaming laptop or even a fucking gaming desktop. Get a fucking cheap computer and run old, good games.

Stop pretending you need 3D graphics for good games

Attached: 475867.png (1591x919, 2.55M)

in general games are shit, i agree, but it's a nice form of escapism from even shittier life

those games aren't very immersive

That means you're unironically a brainlet

Attached: rtw84.png (1680x1050, 169K)

sorry, i don't have autism

why are you on Jow Forums

i got lost

ur mum fagt
o w8 nvm

Do you have any idea what immersion actually means?

yes, do you?

Attached: image.jpg (946x373, 225K)

are you retarded?

MacBook Pro
It isn't loud

alienware is expensive, but they're good. and the warranty tech support is good too. you can open them up to blow out the dust easily.

I had one before, it was noisy, but then quickly it started acting up and it wouldn't turn on. Not even BIOS, just a black screen.

>gaming
>laptop
Pick one. With "gaming laptops" you end up getting all the cons of a laptop with none of its pros.

>you want gaming
>you have limited space
?

ASUS FX505DY

Attached: 2002668260.jpg (1200x800, 264K)

Razer Blade is unironically very good but very expensive
t. Blade 2017 owner

Name one gaming laptop that doesn't look like a spaceship.

very loud laptops

You don’t need a gaming laptop. What Intel needs is to stop dragging their feet and release competent iGPUs; Ryzen APUs mop the floor with them