Are diversity hires ruining the tech industry...

Are diversity hires ruining the tech industry? From a transgender person stealing customer data in the capital one data breach, Tech companies having more bugs than normal i.e
forbes.com/sites/jeanbaptiste/2019/08/19/microsoft-warning-latest-firmware-throttles-surface-6-pro-surface-book-2-causes-wi-fi-issues/#49eb95a32a40
UI changes that everyone hates, like Firefox.
It just seems like there are more and more shitty things coming out of the tech industry. Whose at fault?

Attached: 1566390290013.png (945x486, 313K)

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/computing/296735-microsoft-confirms-some-surface-pro-6-surface-book-2-users-running-at-pentium-ii-speeds
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>implying most white programmers airn't javascriptfags

Its not programing socks, its academia pushing oo and the dog shit web standards

tech is mainstream now so that means even utter retards can get a web development job

No, you are just a Jow Forumstard looking for a minority to scapegoat for your problems. Companies are lazy and will ship the bare minimum that they need for idiots to buy it. Nothing has changed about this and it will always be true.

Should companies be held more accountable? Like for the Firefox disabled extentions fiasco. Should they be allowed to be sued for any losses someone might have incurred? This might force them to raise the bar on hiring people.

I'm a minority too, it's just I've noticed as soon as a company says how diverse they are next thing you know their products turn to shit. I called out the Capitol one thing because why would they let a person who has mental issues have access to such sensitive data. Same thing happened with Chelsea manning they should have known better and not hired that person.

They won't. People lie on their resume and put on a facade, hiring managers get lazy too, like I said you are just a Jow Forumstard looking for reasons to hate on people. Go back. I'm getting sick of seeing these threads every day.

Not from Jow Forums you have to admit behind most fuck ups was some leftist dyed hair gender fluid person. Look at Twitter and you'll see them all in postioms at these companies and all who produce shitty work.

>Should they be allowed to be sued for any losses someone might have incurred?
That is ridiculous, developers are absolutely not responsible for any loss resulting from freeware breaking down. Free software, and lots of paid software is provided "as-is" and with no guarantee of performance, reliability, etc. That's so nobody can sue them when they decide to make a business critical application a Firefox addon, and Firefox takes a shit.

If you were to contract with a software company for a product with x amount of reliability, and it failed to reach that level, you then could 100% sue the dev.

Why do you come here and post this garbage? Like do you really think we care? Please just go back.

Those aren't counter points.

What if malicious intend was found or gross negligence. This can be applied to data hacks or paid software like windows. I'm just saying the tech industry needs to held accountable.

I don't need to refute shit posting. This is a technology board. Go to Jow Forums.

>you have to admit behind most fuck ups was some leftist dyed hair gender fluid person
No I don't, because there is absolutely nothing to back that up.
Why would a company who's goal is to make profit hire unqualified people and put them in a position to cause damage? There are certainly tumblr-tard devs out there, but if they produce good code, who cares.

Wow sure convinced with those hot opinions. This tech board sucks, it's first grade consumer electronics and programming. I was attempting to start a discussion about the state of the industry and how it's falling apart. and all you can do is yell about some board. I've never said this before but, go dialate.

Good code? Have you seen windows or read the link I posted in the OP. The tech industry is shit now. Data breaches left and right, people listening to people's conversations. The list goes on. They aren't hiring good devs, they are hiring people to look cool and diverse thus all these fuck ups

I don't need to convince you. I don't care about twitter or "leftists" or whoever it is you're trying to get me to hate this week. Please stop lying about your intentions and just go back, no one is fooled.
>I've never said this before
I don't believe you, go back.

Then what's causing the decline of quality?

There isn't. You are a cheapskate who only buys shitty products from shitty companies and just now noticed they're bad.

Wrong. Plenty of high class products like MacBooks and such have issues like the keyboard problem or the ill received imac that was announced. Stop with the personal attacks or leave my thread.

>malicious intend
That's called malware and is 100% illegal to place on other people's computers.

>gross negligence
Negligence means there's some level of responsibility (called "due care), and the offending party failed to take that due care.
Mozilla has no responsibility to write good software. YOU are choosing to use it, there's no expectation that it meets some arbitrary standards.

The only time that applies is if you are handling health information or private financial information, like bank details or SSNs.
If there's a data breach and that company is found to not have taken proper measures to secure their customer's data, they can and do get rekt.

wow we really get a lot of those incel threads lately

No. They're a red herring.

The root of the issue is data-driven decision making rather than keen product development that focuses on user insights.

A company like Mozilla or Google will have a bunch of metrics, then will see that a certain change causes that number to get bigger, so they apply that change in all feasible contexts for everyone.
Repeat daily.

There's not much further insight than that, despite claims to the contrary.

There's also an interesting feedback loop wherein power users are the same users that prevent or disable that instrumentation, so their opinions are then heard even less.

The PM and MBA house always wins.

Apple does not make and has never made "high class products". They have always been a terrible company.
>Stop with the personal attacks
I will do this when you stop bringing Jow Forumstard shit here. Until then, you deserve to be bullied and mocked.

Wow has a lot of bugs bros, i have Like 2 pics of bugs per day.

Also my friends are being trained to replace you (im not from India)

>academia pushing oo and the dog shit web standards
is academia even influential?

Eat shit lib.

OK that explains alot. Thanks user. I guess I was just fed up cause it seems like alot of companies push shitty updates that break shit and just go 'lol our bad' and sometimes make a product unusable in the meantime. I. E this shit
extremetech.com/computing/296735-microsoft-confirms-some-surface-pro-6-surface-book-2-users-running-at-pentium-ii-speeds
Thanks again for telling me that stuff. I learned something.

Your attempts to put political labels on me will not work. Leave this board now.

So are most 'feedback' channels bullshit
? I recall in Firefox there was a change that most people didn't like and the devs were like 'get fucked' sometimes you wonder who these companies actually listen to.

WOAH you heard xir; pack up and leave boys.

There are things called "class action lawsuits", which is when one firm represents all people affected by a particular issue.
For example, Microsoft fucking up the Surface to run at P2 speeds post-purchase would be a candidate. They rendered peoples devices, that they paid money for, useless through no action of the consumer.
This does create a loss, and it could well be argued that Microsoft should be penalized for it.

This doesn't apply to things where there was no expectation of performance from the outset. Free software is available just for your convenience, you're not paying to use it, the company never claimed it would work at all, and thus if it fails or they push a shit update, you can simply stop using it.

And I take it the free market would handle shitty free software. Personally when that shit happened on Firefox I switched to edge chromium.

They listen to the people who make them money.
Mozilla is a strange company though, so internal politics often fuck things up.
The DNS encryption thing is one. A lot of countries block websites just by removing the DNS entries. Mozilla thought they were some sort of anti-censorship hero when they announced they're going to try to target those countries and make Firefox bypass those blocks by default.

Now the governments (like the UK) who use DNS blocks are butthurt that the blocks aren't working, and are going to force the ISPs to use DPI proxies/firewalls, which will really make things shit for everyone.

I guess I can applaud them for trying to make a stand but I feel like too many companies try and make statements than good software.

Exactly. You can make shitty paid software too, as long as it's not an outright scam.
You can't say your product does x thing, and then not have it work in the slightest. That's false advertising and no judge is going to take sympathy for you.

I told you your attempts to label me won't work. And yes, you can leave.

You're still here? Well join the conversation or leave. This is my last reply to you if you don't want to engage in a civil discussion.

The companies do whatever they think will make them more money.
If they think advertising themselves as the most trans-friendly corporation will rope in leftists, that's what they'll do. If their clients need reliable software and don't care about social politics (think engineering software, military, etc) then they're going to make the best software they can, because otherwise people will leave.

My only point is that you need to leave. This was a bait thread from the start.

Makes sense. I'm glad I'm getting into network engineering so I can focus on the technology at hand than any social statements my employer might have in their mind.

Funny you say that, I was actually a net eng for the past 3 years.
For the most part the politics revolved around budgets and shit.

Cool, quick question. Any certs I should get I'm leaning towards a switch and routing Cisco ccnp. But networking is such a big field I'm having a hard time figuring out what to get into first. I already have a BS in comp science but it was mostly programming.

No. This is like suing gun manufacturers when lil Tyrone gets capped. They legally manufactured and sold a tool to a person who was trusted with it. Everything after that is not their problem. You want someone to be held responsible? Talk to the guy who did it, or the law makers if you think the rules are bad. Same goes for software. You don't like the current rules? Talk to congress about it.

And Britfags here? Why are u not protesting that shit? How did it come so far?

That's a bad comparison. Firefox is not sold. There is not the same seller responsibility on the developer as, a Browser cannot harm other people just as easily as a gun.

Of course they are. Every college student becomes a member of the workforce in four years or so.

4u

You gotta do the CCNA first, then R&S CCNP and TSHOOT. If you can fully grasp and apply that material, you'll be in a good spot.
Also try to get some sort of IT/networking job in the meantime, experience means a lot in this field.

I seem to hear more about how college is mostly irrelevant

Holy shit the “women” that stole the Capitalone customer data was a tranny!? Absolutely mentally ill

Thanks user

It would be no different if people were giving guns away. Are they following the law? Then it's fine. You can try to sue, but since the manufacturer plasters "this is a deadly weapon, follow the law and abide by these rules of safety" all over the box and manual, good fucking luck. Software has similar disclaimers. They tell you point blank that it's not guaranteed to work. If it doesn't work, they fucking told you so.
>a Browser cannot harm other people just as easily as a gun.
A browser was used by many people to destroy the lives of others. To drive people to suicide, and fire people up into murdering others. It can be used just as easily if you're a malicious fuck.

I agree with you bro, but I don't think either of us are in a position to do anything.

If you can prove that their shoddy product was directly responsible for a companies losses, then yes, absolutely they should be held accountable.

The oo shit that is every programmers bread and butter and is everything and everyones main design

Yes it was slightly influential

School still controls hours of the youths time from 5-late 20's if someone goes full koolaid

Try applying that logic to physical objects:
Let's say I'm giving away lawnmowers. I make no claims as to the quality or operation of the lawnmowers.
You take one, and then use it to start mowing people's lawns for cash. One day, it ceases to function in the middle of someone's lawn. Am I, the free lawnmower man, responsible for you basing your business on that free lawnmower?

What if you based your business on a free web browser?

go back to Jow Forums, dont pollute our board with ur scapegoating conclusions...ur logic is flawed, why r u so butthurt about it? bloat software is trendy, blame it on UI normies looking for simple eye candy experiences...discuss tech not Jow Forumstard stuff, we r sick of it user

>le Jow Forums boogeyman
OP brings a legitimate point and you are just dismissing it because of your paranoia about Jow Forums being behind every post.