Is there a better 27" 4K monitor <$500 than the LG 27UK650?

Is there a better 27" 4K monitor

Attached: D01.jpg (1100x730, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27GL850-gaming-monitor
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no HDR
>shit colors
>black looks like gray
>27" instead of 32"
it's not even worth $200

P.S. has to be 4K, since I already fell for the meme a while ago & upgraded my two side monitors to 4K

>Key Features
>HDR 10 with SDR to HDR Upscale
>sRGB 99% (Typ.)
u wat

Why wipe my ass with toilet paper that costs $1 roll when I can use leaves outside for free?

>Is there a better 27" 4K monitor

For 500 this btfo everything

Attached: Screenshot_20190715-201531_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1439x2418, 1.06M)

>4k monitors are still $500
I don’t care what people’s retarded objections are, I’ll pay for a 4K TV before this shit

The 27ud58 is pretty good, it's ips, has freesync and none of the hdr bullshit, which is pointless if your monitor doesn't have full area local dimming. Also it's around 300 dollarydoos, generally cheaper.

Nice monitor, but not 4K

Do 4K TVs have displayport connectors?

You can get good 4k monitors under 300, see

CURRENT OPTIONS:
- LG 27UK650 ($302)
- HP Z27 ($400)
- BenQ PD3200U 32" ($685, because fuck my eyes and budget)

Any thoughts/additions?

Too bad its not available anywhere

>sRGB 99% (Typ.)
sRGB is measured in color range for R, G B. Not color range for Pink, Chlorophyll and Teal. 99% sRGB is useless without the rest of the measurements.
>>HDR 10
Which just means some light zones(not defined in spec), and 10-bit color for gradient.
However: The 1000:1 static contrast should be a warning sign, 3000 and 4000 is possible these days for LCD.

HDMI can do the job fine
No need for DP unless you’re just principlly against HDMI or something

Should have preordered bro

Nah, if you can hit the entire sRGB range you can calibrate the rest for accurate colours on the web.

UHD blurays are a wider gamut though, closer to AdobeRGB.

If you can hit the entire sRGB range, RGB is correct at 100% output for each pixel and each combination of those.
But that doesn't mean anything when sRGB do not measure contrast, and thereby not color gradient outside of RGB at full values.

My video card has 3 DP ports & only 1 HDMI. HDMI port's already taken.

I'd love to buy a 27" 4K IPS monitor under $500 with 4000:1 contrast ratio, but I'd also love to ride a unicorn. Both are as likely.

Philips 436M6VBPAB exists.
Samsung U32J590U exists.
The main problem is that you can't have 4k, 144hz freesync and 3000:1 contrast at the same time

Lg 27ud58.

Anyone got any recommendations for a 24" 1080p ips with Vesa mount that has good colors?

>436M6VBPAB
$900

>U32J590U
VA, not IPS

>144hz
Never said that was a requirement

You're not very good at reading, are you?

I'd be OK spending an extra $10 for the smaller borders of the other LG

>You're not very good at reading, are you?
That might sound like a insult. But generally it means 2 people do not trade enough information to make meaningful statements.

That said, I don't get this fascination over IPS.
I get the fascination over anything thats not TN, since 600:1 static contrast was fun days.

>That said, I don't get this fascination over IPS
All other things equal, color reproduction is more important to me than contrast ratio. On a 32", I'd probably also worry about viewing angles a bit, but I don't even know if that's a concern for VA anymore.

I guess an AHVA/PLS would be cool. Or an OLED monitor, when they exist in 5 years.

It’s not like you sacrifice much color reproduction going to a VA panel
Any little gamut coverage you lose with VA is offset by the large increase in color volume

Which is better ?

AOC C24G1

Viewsonic VX2458-C-mhd

That's fair, but it does look like there's still a gamma shift issue due to the viewing angles on large VA panels.

Since my face is typically 2 feet away from my monitor, I'm guessing that'll be a problem.

A 4K monitor is a sure sign of someone who has nothing going on in their life other than what comes through their computer screen and I worry for all of you.
Anyway this is 1440p, do we think the blacks will be shit?
lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27GL850-gaming-monitor

OP here - it sounds like I'll be making a compromise (color/refresh/contrast no matter what 4K monitor I pick, so VA panels are back on the list

I think being a coping poorfag has way less going on in their life

some people work in jobs where having a high res monitor is important user

LG 27UL850 = $555
LG 27UD88 = $514
LG 27UK650 = $368

Identical specs on all 3. What am I missing here?

bump