Anyone else hoarding Windows 7 compatible hardware...

Anyone else hoarding Windows 7 compatible hardware? I figure if I live for another 30 years I'll need at least 5 PCs to see me through.

Attached: how-to-keep-windows-7-forever_thumb800.jpg (447x425, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

win-raid.com/t4035f45-Windows-XP-SP-bit-and-modern-PC-parts-68.html
reboot.pro/topic/21108-install-windows-7-at-uefi-graphics-output-protocol-gop-hardware/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

interesting, but this also means that you won't be able to upgrade software or hardware for 30 years

so they will never make anything new, much better than windows 10 in the future? it doesn't have to be microsoft, you know

The hoops people will jump through just to avoid installing Mint are truly incredible.

CRINGE!

why not Linux compatible?

Yes, I too spend money to buy and store rapidly depreciating assets.

shitty times are coming in terms of tech

Why? Windows 7 was shit.

which Windows is better?

must be Windows because comparing it to Linux makes no sense for they serve different purposes

install gentoo

At least Bitcoin blockchain will be more secure thanks to your (unintended) mining efforts.

This is epic autism.

>windows and linux serves different purposes
Says the Microsoft fanboy shit for brains.
Also the only semi-good version of Windows was 2000. It was shit before 2k and shit after 2k. Now that 2k is no longer viable to use, Windows is garbage and should be thrown in the trash.

After a certain amount of time the value of everything rises. It's simple - the more rare the thing is, the more it costs.

economics 101

This is also probably the best time to purchase Windows 7 era components as businesses liquidate / recycle their old machines. There's currently a glut of components.

Just use Linux with a Windows 7 VM.

Which Intel cpu generation stopped supporting Win 7?

meh, if windows cant get its shit together by the time I want to upgrade motherboard, or software fully abandons win7, i'll set up linux and vm windows 7 through it.

I'm archiving software and hardware. Drivers for everything I have and XP/7 era programs. Also archiving standalone redistributes for .NETFramework, DX9, C++, VB runtimes, ... anything I need to get my legacy machines fully operational from a bare metal state. Also recreating every application I use in a portable version where possible, both x32 and x64 bit versions. You never know when some program you rely on will disappear, or will cease to work because M$ says 'fuck you, legacy users'. I have seen it happen before. WinXp/7 Renegades UNITE!

Attached: a59c52d7-863a-418d-9fa5-897f4111c352..gif (320x240, 1.59M)

Based.

Based. Please upload your stuff and share it.

Seven generation.

There are Z390 USB drivers, so probably when 10nm comes.

I currently don't have any software that isn't still available on-line, with the exception of some REALLY old hardware, and really niche software. For example, some exotic hardware drivers and associated applications, like a 'SmartMedia' card reader only oldfags will remember, and things like that. I am happy to upload somewhere for posterity. I have some really weird shit too like a USB Muti-I/0 adapter, which is a small box that has a parallel port, serial port, PS/2+mouse port, as well as 4 USB ports. I neglected to mention earlier, my archives include Win98 and DOS era hardware and software. We are fortunate today. I remember when one needed to configure jumpers for various hardware, and create/modify autoexec+config.sys files before things would work. Good times, if you didn't mind pulling your hair out once in a while.

Attached: bc620c1c-e065-4431-9afe-8dcfaff7f2fb.jpg (243x208, 9K)

>'SmartMedia' card reader
Do you mean a specific model of SmartMedia card reader? I still use the ES-1 which uses those cards.

this big guy right here

Attached: e395d336-5c8e-41fa-b74c-ffd921eeb02e..png (400x453, 28K)

Idk what you're tripping about. Some autist will write a Windows 7 compatible ACPI driver for newer platforms well into the future. Shit, someone even got Windows XP running on Ryzen.

win-raid.com/t4035f45-Windows-XP-SP-bit-and-modern-PC-parts-68.html

Attached: 1565912207782.jpg (735x1024, 94K)

No, I upgraded to gentoo

Thanks

/thread

LTSB is fine. None of the bloat of consumer versions. I upgraded from Windows 7 earlier in the year. No problems at all.

No, while I do plan on running my current Windows 7 PC into the ground and using it long past it getting updates. When the hardware itself fails and I build a new rig I'm installing Gentoo.

You know that win 7 still works on modern hardware? Only way it doesn't work if your BIOS oem is a jew that locked out Legacy

The only issue is UEFI class 3 which vga.sys basic video driver doesn't support.
You can bypass it by loading the correct driver right away and disabling vga.sys
reboot.pro/topic/21108-install-windows-7-at-uefi-graphics-output-protocol-gop-hardware/

Windows 7 is a piece of shit it can't even display emojis. Win 10 is unironically the best OS out right now.

>chooses his OS based on emoji support
I do not want to judge you, but i find this very sad.

I still think Windows 7 is the best operating system, in terms of polish and usability. The Budgie desktop environment is really really close to Windows 7, but it's still a little clunky whilst Windows 7 is just perfection.

wait until someone gets win7 running on ryzen 3, or just stockpile a bunch of ryzen 2s

Windows 10 isn't an operating system, it's malware.