/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>AAA or multiplatform games: Radeon card appropriate for your montior
>PC centric or VR games: Nvidia card appropriate for your display
>Used RX 570s can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p 16:9
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: muh 6GB.png (733x222, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/FMQkkd
amazon.in/gp/bestsellers/computers/1375391031
youtube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk
tftcentral.co.uk/articles/high_refresh_rate.htm
guru3d.com/news-story/crossfire-is-no-longer-a-significant-focus-says-amd-ceo-lisa-su.html
tftcentral.co.uk/blog/acer-nitro-xv273x-with-worlds-first-240hz-ips-panel/
anandtech.com/show/2222
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam
twitter.com/IndieKings/status/1164610066357661696?2
fool.com/investing/2019/03/25/investors-need-take-a-closer-look-at-these-nvidia.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

x570 tier list brought to you by gigabyte gang

Attached: x570.png (1311x746, 408K)

The Aorus Xtreme is the best high-end x570 board and the Aorus Elite is the best budget one, when did gigabyte get in check?

just bought a 3600 with a tomahawk max
hope i havent bought shit

You did good

Attached: PottisSmall.png (27x21, 612)

u fuked up my dude

>tomahawk max
another victim of trolling

they updated bios to agesa 03abb today, don't forget to update after reading what guinea pigs discovered with it

I was going to get a tomahawk but ended up getting a b450 gaming pro carbon ac because I was sick of waiting for the max version to come.
It came with this "3000 series ready" sticker on it too, so I'm hoping I don't need to mess around with the bios

Attached: IMG_20190822_114951.jpg (4032x3024, 3.59M)

the 16 core threadripper will probably outperform the 3950x by quite a bit, the larger die has cores more spread out, higher total tdp, higher clock speeds, quad channel ram

but who knows, it's a much different architecture there could be all kinds of differences that make the 3950x preferable

>Graphics cards based on current pricing
>btw 1440p doesn't exist

gigabyte went all in with zen 2, while asus really pulled punches and didn't do anything special. the asus flagship board is already discounted quite a bit while the xtreme is flying off the shelves.

It does, but you have to dig into the OP a bit to find the reccs. 1440p cards are all overpriced right now, which is why they aren't obviously included

Attached: pajeet.png (627x629, 376K)

1080p 144hz or 1440p 60hz for AAA non-competetive games 95% of the time(with some occasional casual Siege or PUBG matches here and there) and a little video editing and streaming.

it's true though, gpu prices now are retarded compared to pre-mining. if you need one you need one, but if you can wait it's a good time to wait. things like ram, ssds, for example are priced extremely well right now compared to historically and it's a great time to buy those parts specifically, gpus are on the other end of the spectrum.

I hate nvidia as much as the next guy but brand fanboyism is the gayest shit ever.
This guys worship their favorite brand as their god. How cringe can someone be to use that t shirt?

>gpu prices now are retarded
And it's not going back ever. According to the steam hardware survey roughly 1mil of every 20 series card have sold which makes it a success and signals nvidia , very clearly, that 350-400 for a XX60, 500-600 for a XX70 and 700-800 for XX80 is fine. The days of 350 dollar XX70s are over.

pcpartpicker.com/list/FMQkkd

will do some programming / light gaming on it, possibly gpu upgrade later

also not sure if i should go with the 2200G or perhaps with the 3400G

thoughts?

GPU: nVidia
CPU: AMD
if you buy anything else, you're a sideways walking retard.

just spend like 50 more and get ryzen 5 2600. good cpu.
up your ram to 3200cl16
everything else is goood

GPU: AMD
CPU: Intel
if you buy anything else, you're an upsidedown walking retard.

>And it's not going back ever.
I really don't agree. as an oldfag I remember this happening before and it eventually went back to normal.

That build looks good, just keep in mind that mail-in rebates are a scam 95% of the time.

>missing the 10% bonus boost you get from using intel+nvidia or amd+amd

GPU: AMD
CPU: AMD
if you buy anything else, you're an upsidedown walking retard

5700xt get more fps with zen2 than intel.

>buying 5700 xt
>buying AMD gpus

amazon.in/gp/bestsellers/computers/1375391031

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

2070 super get more fps with intel than zen2.

*steps over some poo to get to stage left*

dunno where else to ask this. my monitor has a shitton of green pixels everywhere, even more so when i mess with the hdmi cable. though the green pixels come out more when the screen is dark.
what im asking is if i buy another monitor would i still have this issue?

I wonder if I get hit with an axe if I get this shirt and walk on the street in slavlands.

Best way of applying thermal paste on arctic freezer 33? Just the normal grain of rice of like arctic recommends it?

>9400f and a core 2 duo are the bestselling processors in india
absolute pcbg memes

Like mayo on a ham sandwich.

yes. put very slightly more than grain of rice though, slightly

Kek

write out your target temperature with the thermal paste for maximal effect

youtube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk

why does nobody talk about liquid metal anymore a while ago that was the biggest meme around

should I wait for 3070 or just get a 2080 super? I really want more then 8gb of vram though.

there are actual metal thermal pads these days, wonder how well they work

not sure if this belongs here but dont want to make a new thread for it so here it goes. any recommendations on a good 144hz+ monitor to get for games like CSGO or RB6:Siege ? Looking at the XL2411 since it is kinda cheap... maybe XL2536 for a few more features however I am undecided. Any recommendations ?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

2080 ti or wait to see what the mystery gpu is (2080 ti super?) or wait for next launch

why are you browsing Reddit?

Mostly because delidding is completely dead now, no one competent enough to actually delid buys intel CPU's anymore

if you're willing to wait, there's a bunch of new monitor tech on the horizon for next year, including 240hz ips.

First you cum in the thermal paste because it has enzymes that don't allow electrons to move fast and as a result temperatures will be lower. Also sperm has antibodies to survive uteru's high temperatures so mixing it with your paste you won't have to replace it as often. All of this scientifically proven and tested

interesting, did they show it off at CeBit or how do you know ?

The Silicon Lottery site legit?

tftcentral.co.uk/articles/high_refresh_rate.htm

there's a bunch of different ones that have been shown off since spring 2019, if you google a bit you can see them. the pricing doesn't look too bad so I'm personally waiting myself

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (127x25, 1K)

It's for retards who want to pay for overclocking service because they can't do it themselves

extremely legit, they're some of the most well known guys in the overclocking scene

Now that the dust has settled what are the best x570 boards? Were there any early adopter issues and have they been worked out?

guru3d.com/news-story/crossfire-is-no-longer-a-significant-focus-says-amd-ceo-lisa-su.html
finally it's dead for both.

the gigabyte xtreme is on top for best board without much competition, the best value board depends on the price point

It's a binning service

Do you have any specific model numbers or links regarding 240hz IPS? I thought we were just now barely starting to get 144hz IPS, in just-released models like Acer Nitro VG240Y Pbiip which I can't even find in stock anywhere yet.

see

Dude, i remember the day i bought a GF2GTS for 300 bucks. GPU prices have never been this high, they were high in Radeon 9200 days, yes, but a flagship card never cost 800 or 1000+.

buuump

I've read almost nothing but really negative things about Gigabytes BIOS and other issues, did these particular models improve on things a lot? I kinda prefer Asus overall so I was hoping to here their x570 is good, but I don't NEED to buy Asus necessarily. I've got a 3700x, RX580 8gb, and I'm not really even overclocking. I just want x570 for future compatibility with GPUs and SSDs. I also want Intel LAN, not Realtek.

i was the original fag asking about the release dates

clock speed is more important to me than core count but its hard to miss 16 cores with a decent clock for under a grand

i have no need for TR or server chips, at this point i might just get a 9900 and call it a day

>I thought we were just now barely starting to get 144hz IPS
it's been out for quite a while actually, I got my first 144hz ips monitor in like 2015. 165hz ips has been around for a while now too.

tftcentral.co.uk/blog/acer-nitro-xv273x-with-worlds-first-240hz-ips-panel/

this looks to be the first one to launch but will only be 1080p. production starts for 27 and 32 1440p models in winter 2019, probably releasing early 2020. I'm going to buy a 27 inch 1440p 240hz when it comes out.

Change your gpu driver

I guess I should clarify I was looking for 23-24 inch monitors, not 27+.

>GPU prices have never been this high, they were high in Radeon 9200 days, yes, but a flagship card never cost 800
not really. inflation adjusted the 6 and 8 series flagships were quite similar to today, not counting the titan. the bitcoin bubble shocked prices but they are very clearly trending back to normal. the 2 series ultra was almost there as well. there's no reason to think the trend downwards in prices that's been happening since the peak of the bitcoin bubble is going to suddenly stop.

that article is about a 24 inch monitor man. I don't mind a bit of spoonfeeding but can you at least check it out.

whats the best sff case?

Oh, the model number was xv273x so I assumed it was 27"

anandtech.com/show/2222

8800 ultra, msrp $830 2007, with inflation in 2019 = $1027

And if RTX SKUs were sitting at 100k sold each i'd agree with you but a million clearly proves you wrong. At best we're going to see binned chips like RTX but at a slightly lower price. 02 chips that are suddenly 60s for 300, 04 chip 70s for 400 and souped up 04-As at 550 or 600 for 80s. All performing neck and neck with the current lineup with their Super equivalent 4 months later for the same price.

Reposting here from the previous thread.
For a 5700 XT AIB, should I go with the MSI Mech or the Sapphire Pulse? The pulse is 436€ and the Mech is 440€

sorry but you're just factually wrong. I understand what you're trying to say but I can't agree and the numbers don't support it.

There's only one 5700 xt pulse on amazon left for $471 if you're that desperate.

Personally I wouldn't buy a non-high refresh gaming monitor. They're just so much better if the adaptive sync implementation is good

Consumer oriented 20 series cards have been a failure, according to Nvidia's own numbers. They (and AMD) are making a buttload of profit per card at current prices, so if consumers don't buy, they'll lower prices.

Is it worth buying a CL14 3200MHz g.skill 2x8gb kit or it's "enough" to get either CL14 3000MHz(then overclock it) or CL16 with either frequency and overclock it?
Also what motherboard is recommended for ryzen 3700x? If possible i don't want to overpay for something i won't use.

depends a lot on you. overclocking ram is tricky, time consuming at times, and a bit of an art. but almost anything can be overclocked if you research the die and get something with potential.

I can't find it on their site.

>NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 1.16% $500
>NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 0.99% $350
>NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 0.72% $700
>NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 0.39% $1200
>90mil MAU
>~3,15mil
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

Nvidia have more than 3 million reasons to not cut prices. They even gained 20% YOY revenue in the user GPU market.

twitter.com/IndieKings/status/1164610066357661696?2

i5-9600k worth it while it's on sale?

thanks user, forgot to tell i'm looking to get either a b450 or x470 MB

pulse.

halp Jow Forums. Should I get a used vega 64 or just buy a new 5700 or 5700xt? Currently have a 580.

no
fool.com/investing/2019/03/25/investors-need-take-a-closer-look-at-these-nvidia.aspx

My gf left me as soon as I dropped 2k for a 3900x build, I needed it because I encode hentai for a living. Am I in the wrong here?

Attached: 1489822118174.jpg (381x386, 18K)

If it's like $100 maybe, but still not really given you still pay for it in heat and power consumption.

>steam hardware survey
>literally less than 3% of the market
fuck off retard

1440p 60hz hands down. period.

better picture quality and screen estate for your video editing at a reasonable price.

it looks like you're worried about missing "competitive advantage" of 144hz. don't. 144hz won't make you a pro. there are pros who do just fine with 60hz screens. end of story.

if you can save some extra money. guess what. don't get 1440p144hz. snake oil. waste of computer resources and money. get 4k60hz monitor instead.

if you have 1080p60hz then logically you should get 1440p60hz then 4k60hz.

if you get anything else then you got shilled into wasting your money.

t. competitive player 1080p60hz owner went 1440p60hz(died) then 1080p144hz(sold) then 1440p60hz again.

ok, sure. but listen.
>GPU prices have never been this high, they were high in Radeon 9200 days, yes, but a flagship card never cost 800 or 1000+.
you are just factually wrong. this has happened before.

anandtech.com/show/2222
this cost $830 and with inflation that's 1000, I'm not sure how much more clear it can be. there were similar purchasing monopolies at the time due to the large performance jump nvidia made with the 8 series. similar to the one with the 10 series. we saw prices go down. this has happened before.

if you're trying to argue that prices haven't been coming down since the bitcoin bubble, then that's also wrong. it's just factually false.

if you're trying to argue that prices are going to suddenly stop decreasing, I just don't see it. not at all really. I don't think you've made a convincing case for that at all. amd is starting to ramp up competitive pressure, and there are signs intel is doing the same. I really don't see any reason to expect anything but a downward trend as competition builds.

yes, the bubble is bigger because of bitcoin, but I simply can't see any sign that it's going to be permanent. that's just an insane conclusion to have. we've seen similar bubbles eventually calm down with other parts.

>gf drops you because you invested your money to ensure a future constant income
nice gf you had there user

Attached: 1555335084429.gif (408x397, 59K)

How retarded you need to be that you think a multi-billion dollar corporation is in your "team""?

Looks like nothing of value was lost

>grow grow grow!

>I was going to get a tomahawk but ended up getting a b450 gaming pro carbon ac because I was sick of waiting for the max version to come.
are you me?

Looks really good. I have the same CPU/RAM combo in a portable pc I made. It'll run games surprisingly well for an IGP. The 3400G isn't worth the minor performance bump for the extra money because its still Zen+ and not Zen2.

You could save some cash by going with a smaller PSU. At maximum power, your system shouldn't pull more than 120 watts, it's very efficient. A 250 watt PSU would be plenty.
And if you want to get a PSU to support a dedicated GPU later, you'll only need a 400 watt, absolute max.

Yes, ignore the shills

second choice but only if it's IPS