Most overrated CPU Cooler ever made

Most overrated CPU Cooler ever made

Attached: 40.png (1622x612, 410K)

>Cheap
>It works
>CHEAP AF
Yeah man i mean its the best value cooler.

>not the dual
this is is why people complain about it, because the single isnt rated for high tdp consumer processors

Attached: 1564507252222.jpg (392x309, 141K)

Been using the same hyper evo for 6 years, had that thing on 4 different cpus. Never had one overheat.
Not bad for 30 euros

You just don't understand the rating.

For a stock or lightly overclocked build the 212 EVO can sit there with the fan at idle with the CPU at full load.
My i7 4790 will do it.
My i7 2700k at 4.2GHz will do it.
My i5 6600k at 4.2GHz will do it. (With a T4, too)

A silent HSF for $30 ain't bad.

Can you get a HSF that can handle higher overclocks for more money? Yes. Do most people run with a high overclock? No. So there's no reason for the majority of people to spend more money.

running an 8600k at 5ghz with evo. runs between 50 and 60 celcius, fan is audible but not disturbing.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 632658_0_i1064[1].jpg (493x494, 45K)

I have the slightly shittier but cheaper version, the T4. I paid like $20 for it when it was on sale. Ran it on a 95w Vishera before and now a 65w 2600. Solid HSF, completely silent, and outperforms the stock cooler. I don't OC, I just like a quiet machine. It's good.

Attached: T4 VS 212 EVO.jpg (500x375, 51K)

Anyone ever tried the Enermax line? Looking at the ETS-N31 for a Ryzen 2600x

Not sure how shit it is though

Attached: 512668146.jpg (400x400, 26K)

>ETS-N31
Enermax website says it's capable of 130w+ TDP. The 2600x is a 95w TDP CPU, you should be more than fine with the right fan profile setting. How loud it is under full load, I have no idea. Never used it personally.

I'm using a clone of it and it's alright for my R5 2600

Attached: spc-fera-3-v2-2-logo-999px.jpg (999x999, 395K)

Ryzen fags like me can't do that anymore, my package draw when my R5 1600 is at 3.9 is over 150W.
Somehow my B350 chipset can handle this

>he uses an ugly air cooler
lol use an aio cooler don't you know its sexier? ;)

I guess the other reason is that I bought a 80mm fan to replace an intel fan and it was super fucking quiet. But that was a stand-alone fan, not sure if the CPU coolers are as good or not, hoping someone bought one and knows ?

i picked up a scythe fuma 2 myself. i love it.

Attached: DSC_0374.jpg (2304x1536, 1.83M)

Can you not use one of your RAM slots, or are there only two there?

i can use all 4 if i used the default front fan. scythe ships the fuma 2 with a 120x25mm fan for the center, and a 120x15mm for the front. the stock 15mm doesn't block the first ram slot. but a 25mm does. but since i only use a 2x16gb 32gb kit, i don't care if i block the front ram slot.

hijacking this thread
212 black or arctic freezer 34?

it honestly doesn't matter. all the 4 heat pipe coolers like those are within 0 - 4c of each other. the biggest difference just being the fan.

Is there a 16gb heat pipe thermal pass cooler options that can take 4.7 jizzahertz of TDP?

>ETS-N31
its a 3 heat pipe cooler with a 92mm fan. all honestly it would probably be no different than the stock cooler that comes with a 2600x. you're better ironically stepping up to something like a cooler master 212 and its clones for $30. or move up to something in the $50-60 range from scythe, bequiet, thermalright, cryorig, etc.

naruhodo, thx

>$39.99 cheap
stay poor faggot

I don't get these double fan+double heatsink designs. Isn't the hot air from one heatsink being blown into the other hot heatsink? That sounds like only one side of the cooler is actually getting cool

I have the arctic freezer 34 and I've had a 212 EVO, I think the 34 is quieter and I know it's cheaper, and they both cooled decently. Get the 34.
The 212 got the same treatment as the ATH-M50 headphones: it's not really better than the competition, but it just happened to get ahead by an inch and the popularity snowballed: more people start recommending it, so more people buy it, so more people recommend it, repeat until Cooler Master is rich. It's an ok cooler, but in my opinion not the best for its price.
Arctic is becoming my favorite company for PC parts. They make great fans and coolers without gay RGB shit, they have the best thermal paste and all of it is cheaper than their competitors. Seriously, put an Arctic P14 next to a Noctua F14, compare the pressure, noise and price.

i'm confused. did you mean to post every liquid cooling scheme ever devised for personal computers?

gammax 400 is half the price and it just has a jankier mounting mechanism

Attached: 19.jpg (474x284, 20K)

212 black =/= 212 evo

they aren't airtight. they pull in more air from the gaps and in the side and it just means more overall airflow through the whole heat sink

Isn't the EVO better?

take a giant heatsink and toss a single fan on it. you now have a fan that needs to push air through a solid, massive heatsink. the amount of air and static pressure weakens the further it goes. creating a hot pocket in the center. you can toss a fan on the other side if you have room but depending on how large the heatsink is, it won't create a strong enough vortex to help rip air through the center. so you take that heatsink and slice it into half. that way you can place a fan directly into the center. and the heatsinks are now thin enough where the fan can create a large enough vortex to suck the air being blown through the first heatsink. heatsinks don't work by utilizing the chill affect. they work by pushing the hot air off the heatsink. the chill affect can help reduce temps, but on actual heatsinks, its not as efficient as blowing the heat off of it. the air coming off the sink is still going to be cooler than the actual heat in the heatsink. this is why you can place your hand behind the sink and not burn your skin off even though your cpu is at 70c. the heat coming off is around 40c. this is why with housefires like the 290x putting out 320 watts worth of heat, running at 94c, with a blower shooting out hot air, but still not hot enough to burn you.

yes it is because its heatpipes are soldered directly together rather than having an aluminum wedge between each heatpipe.

no, the 212 black and 212 rgb black are a newer version of the 212 evo
theyre quiter and cool a little better
said no temperature charts ever

Right, the one in the picture, that's what I had. I found the 212 EVO to be inferior to the 34 so logically the 212 Black should be worse even. Keep it mind that the 34 has a pretty small surface area, though in practical terms this hasn't affected cooling.

and your PCIE slots

its the fan. i'm because its truth. they're all 4 heat pipes with similar fin density., it all comes down to the fan and i don't judge a cooler on its fan because honestly if you're been building for a decent amount of time you should have plenty of spare fans laying around. that's why i just go by whichever one is cheaper and the quality of its mounting system.

fuckin nice. got me the original and it's great

>cheap
It used to sell under 30

>said no temperature charts ever
the 212 evo was only slightly behind the 212+ because the 212+ shipped with a better fan. it came with a cooler master blade master fan that ran at 2,000rpm and produce more static pressure and airflow than the one that shipped on the evo. the blade master can produce up to 3.90 mmh2o of static pressure vs the 2.7 mmh2o of the 212 evo fan. if you slapped the blade master on the evo, the evo came out ahead. you put the 212 evo fan on the 212+ and the 212 evo came out ahead. the solder heat pipes reduced temps by around 2 - 3c. not enough to overcome a better fan.

the reason why cooler master went with a weaker fan on the evo was because people complained about the noise of the blade master and the 212 evo fan was also cheaper to manufacturer. its plastic is weaker than the blade master as well which further reduced cost.

I have a T4 keeping a 9900k cool enough

Attached: 1566441456565.jpg (640x405, 36K)

Poo fan

Do I look like a stick of RAM to you?

>excuse me

Attached: excuse me.jpg (1280x960, 57K)

The hyper 212 was $19, so it was a steal.
But it got too popular and CM raised prices.
At $35-40 it's a bad buy.

No CPU in the past 6 years will let itself overheat retard

Just reviewed that bad boy, had the Rev. B (basically the original) for a long time. The Fuma 2 might be the overall best cooler available right now, actually.

That doesn't seem right. I have an R3 1200 at 4.1GHz/1.35V and it draws ~77W max, and an R7 1700 at 3.9/1.35V and it draws under 140.

Unless you're running something insane like 1.4V, there's just no way a 1600 is drawing 150+.

It has better cooling performance than a corsair H60 water cooling for third of the price.
It's not overrated.

This
It's only $13 here. Nobody bat an eye at any other cooler

I think China has a version of this called the T400i.
It's dirt fucking cheap, like $10.

>40 bucks
didn't that shit used to be like 25?

what cooler has the best mounting solution? I would pay a premium for one that is easy to install.

Give me the best cooler you can find in both cooling and aesthetic aspects. Price and size doesn't matter

Chromax DH15

bequiet

Damn, this fits perfectly. Thanks