Chip came off motherboard

Was doing a ram upgrade on a Dell Inspiron 5482. Bumped into/somehow a chip came out accidentally. I attached photos of the chip (front side) also I think it might be this:
macronix.com/Lists/Datasheet/Attachments/7374/MX25L5121E, 3V, 512Kb, v1.3.pdf

I have no idea what anything mentioned on that page means but thought someone else would. The laptop still works fine like normal and nothing seems different. It seems as if nothing changed (except there is 16gb ram now).

Anyone have any ideas? Should I be worried?

Attached: front.jpg (497x662, 64K)

its a flash chip. mostly a bios chip on mobos.

I am sorry but I am unsure of what that means. Does that affect anything important?

if it did you wouldn't have a working computer

you might have lost backup memory for bios settings or something of that sort

I mean like I understand that but I am not too knowledgeable when it comes to how these things work. I was always under the assumption that everything in a laptop/pc has a purpose. Since the laptop still works fine does that mean that there is an alternate chip or something of the like?

O so you are saying that there might be multiple of this chip and that loosing one might not be that big of a deal?

i mean im not gonna say for definate that youre trolling but i remember putting my email in the field when it existed when i first started posting here. click the post number to reply to people

If it work fine now it still could shit the bed hours, days or months from now. How can you fuck it so much just changing fucking ram holy shit

I am really sorry if it came out as if I were trying to "troll" you. I am not a person who is that knowledgeable with going inside of tech like this. This is the first time that I am using a forem like this. I think I just bumped into it, but desu I am unsure how it came out. I bought this laptop hoping that it would last me years and even bought it with the i7 to "future proof". Do you think that this is really going to screw me down the line?

Nevermind, you're all cunts and i fucking hate you, eat shit, faggots.

That wasnt me. Look I was just looking for help. Please dont send messages using my name.

You managed to take off the NSA spychip. Good work user.

Why don't you turn on the computer anyway and see what happens?

It have and it works. I am sorry but I am going to leave. I dont feel comfortable using this site anymore.

im a giant pussy

OP, just calm down and take it to a general electronics repair shop that has something called a Hot Air Station which is intended for this type of repair. Good luck.

Dude, chill, though Jow Forums is somehow civilized compared to the rest of 4chin, it still 4chin and we have a lot of lurker for /v/ and other simpleton boards, I myself have a thread days ago and all replies were just memes.
Now, for your Q, if the motherboard still running, that means the device is a peripheral for some function on the MB, usually a serial for NAND memory that uses a float gate MOSFET.
So you may have some issues later when interfacing your MB with other devices, don't know exactly as the schematic is unknown, but you can easily solder it back.

This thread is peak boomerposting.

It looks like you hit it with a hammer

According to the datasheet that's some kind of serial peripheral interface.

Do all of your USB ports still work?

This. Betting he lost some port function. And hasn't noticed yet.

probably not important