Imagine using a language that looks like a compiler magic ridden poor man's OOP implementated in ANSI C

Imagine using a language that looks like a compiler magic ridden poor man's OOP implementated in ANSI C.

> ____init____
> (self,

Attached: opengraph-icon-200x200.png (200x200, 8K)

Imagine getting shit done instead of fishing for replies in Chinese cartoons forum

Op here.

I'm gay btw not sure if that matters

>imagine being so pleb and not understanding how python has the greatest oop currently
Self is godly
Dunder dunder methods make sense
Python is great because it feels like C

Changes everything mister, haven't you heard. Because of your sexual orientation, a portion of the companies budget will go towards making the workplace safer for you.

I became a better Java and C programmer thanks to Python
Python is the best lang if you are not a codemonkey
Best language (along with Haskell) for implementing and testing algorithms and data structures
>pic related

Attached: you-cant-just-copy-pase-pseudocode-into-a-program-and-expect-57612030.png (500x575, 77K)

>I became a better Java and C programmer thanks to Python

Was this confirmed by someone other than you or did you perhaps just became brain damaged because of Python usage and therefore cannot accurately assess your condition?

OOP is not methods and classes and magical function names it is objects communicating documented protocols. Metaprogramming and weak typing make this harder.

Attached: 09DF3AF5-7DC3-49AD-8C7B-1F99E15338A8.gif (360x274, 1.64M)

>Python is the best lang if you are not a codemonkey
lmao python is THE language for codemonkeys. non-codemonkeys should be studying real languages like scheme and rust.

Ha ha, op is a faggot!

t. Rusttranny

Python programmers just throw shit together in the most obvious way because thats what python was made to do and then they get stuck trying to fix the spaghetti they created once the project gets big. rust programmers actually think about what they are writing and how to use the compiler checks to ensure program correctness and how to structure the program to not be an unmaintainable mess in the future.

It blows my mind the stuff my colleagues do with Python in our codebase at work.

There's some real fuckin' magic at work there.

>have your methods of a class return self
>you can now chain method calls

>have a class method that instantiates and returns an instance of the class
>you can now use that class method as an asynchronous object load function

>>have your methods of a class return self
>>you can now chain method calls
That's standard in most OOP languages.

>>you can now chain method calls
>That's standard in most OOP languages.
It's not standard in Python at all, retard.

It surprised me that they used it like that.

codemonkeys code only code. cool kids prototype then hand it over to the code monkeys to flesh out in another language.

Are there any good guides to prototyping you can point me too?

>It feels like C

Attached: 1566199506097.png (1062x942, 301K)

Yeah I've gotta agree with the other user, both of those are perfectly standard techniques that you see in all OOP languages.

Not in Python, you don't.

Mate it's perfectly common, I've worked with libraries that use that exact trick for constructing objects. Git gud.

Yeah, I don't understand the universal love for Python either. For a beginner it may seem like a simple and elegant language, but once you start to dig into it a bit, you discover the same flaws and inconsistencies every language out there has - but here it's kinda inexcusable considering Python 3 was basically redesigned from scratch.

The only things that make it usable are cython and pypy which give it speed.

Too bad those things are still mutually exclusive for now.

> ANSI C
Hot.

It took all of 30 seconds to find an example in the Python standard library. Your argument is invalid.

Attached: namedctor.png (860x406, 49K)