Almond Edition

▼ Settings Mobile Home
Jow Forums - Technology

...Anonymous
/spg/ - Smartphone General
08/22/19(Thu)00:51:34 No.72419306
180 KB
180 KB JPG
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread
>>/72419306

Attached: oneplus-7pro-almond-03.jpg (1536x2048, 311K)

lmao sorry for the fuck up

Attached: Cunao.jpg (466x360, 14K)

LGv10 finally bootlooped after many years of service. Press S to spit on LG

My V10 is also on it's last year. It had a good run.

Just upgraded to Note 10+ $115 unlimited calls/text and 60GB data. Old phone was Note 8.

How much did I fuck up, ordering an Mi 9?

I like the size of an XS, the S10e, but the price difference for the Mi 9 SE to the Mi 9 was so small, and getting the snapdragon 855 instead of 712 is more tempting/futureproof.

Ultimately it's just the size I'm worried about, but I guess one gets used to it?

>nix the jack
>make holeshit
>price it to oblivion, more than the Note 9
>better sales than the Note 9
lol I don't understand this world at all

It's your typical smartphone size, who cares you'll get used to it.

Plans in dollarydooland were only $10 cheaper for the Note 9, so meh. Also having an ABN means I can offset my phone plan on my tax.

size was never an issue gay nigga retard
iTards wanted to justify their small ugly dicklet screens on pre-6 iPhones hence this meme

True. Sizewise equal as OP7, Poco F1, RNP7 etc.

Idk, beyond these sizes they become less pocket-friendly though.

Best privacy way to back up andoird phone samsung?

Oh that's alright then, enjoy it user

Is this the ideal setup?
>iPad Pro at home
>Asus ROG Phone 2 as my main phone
>Pocophone F1 as my first backup phone
>iPhone 6S Plus as my second backup phone

must suck being poor

How does Android generally handle screens that are not simple FHD rectangles?
Lots of phones these days have weird rounded angles, notches, ratios (fuck you Apple) so how does it work exactly?

So let's suppose there's an app that has info and buttons on the corners - does it look fucked?
What about some FHD video - does it look fucked with giant bars on the side or blurry and weirdly cropped while zoomed in?

Attached: 4d1v0gcmkfh31.jpg (535x299, 25K)

What, you want me to buy high end flagships as backups? I don't need silly gimmicks for backup devices.

Yeah benefits of having competing telcos country wide.

>muh the pixem 3xl has the best camera meme
I wish fatass Burgers would stop spouting this meme. The lens of the 3xl is smaller than that of the P30 pro, meaning it can capture less light. Meaning worse night time pics than the Huawei phone. The Pixel still shoots different ones, but every reviewer or online mag that hasn't been bought by google will acknowledge that the P30 Pro makes better pics.
Not to mention that the Pixel lacks optical zoom, and it lacks a wide-angle lens as well. Even advanced software can't imitate wide angle-photos, because you miss out on too much detail with just one lens.

Sites like radio24.ch, netzwelt.de, swagtab, TIPA, all acknowledge that the P30 Pro is better. The Pixel simply lacks too much camera hardware to be able to compete.

Android and basic apps look just fine. Samsung, Huashit, etc. all optimize their version of android for their flagships (MiUI, OneUi, etc.).
As for third party apps like games, they have to be optimized by their devs.

Your own backup server

I upgraded from my 2014 phone to s10+

and suddenly I don't look like a subhuman in selfie camera anymore

>Huawei overprocessed shit looks good bros

Get gcam, it helps a ton with front cameras. Samturds never, ever had great front cameras. Pixels are the best for it. For the rear cameras, the stock app is good enough.

Verdicts on meizu note 9?

Don't buy chink garbage if you can't slap a custom ROM on it.

If i don't care about rooting and custom roms is it still a good option for a phone?

Funny that you say that, because it's actually Pixel 3 software overprocessing pics, trying to create detail that the shitty camera couldn't capture. What you get are parts of the pic that look grainy, unnaturally shaped, or that have way too intense colors.

>optical instead of software
>overprocessed

If you don't care one bit about the software end of a phone, yes.

Huawei is ultra aggressive with the processing, looks like shit, stop playing the fool.
>optical
so it doesn't rely on software processing at all? Woaaah

>$115 for 60Gb
Is there something I'm missing or is that a normal price for the US?

Yes it's normal for the first world.

>so it doesn't rely on software processing at all?
Not sure who said that except you now, you dolt. You can't beat superior hardware period.

Sure but Huawei sucks, no one's buying that locked down junk

I pay 10€ for 40Gb and that's a pretty normal price here...

Why do android users have backup phones?

first for based Zenfone 6
>ips screen won't corrode over time
>no notch cancer
>giant fucking battery

kinda wish the resolution were 1440 instead of 1080 though

Except, ofc... I mean, from people i know that are using Huashit, 90% of them are woman. Its just silly seeing them with their locked PRCware phone unable to do anything. Being asked about helping them for: >"omg my phone randomly shuts off"
>"omg my notifications are not showing when screen locked"
>"omg my long press power button is showing Dashboard instead of Powering off phone" and other shit
No, cant help you with that, cant flash you Lineage. Shit hardware shit locked software
>Avoid Huashit, its made for Woman and their obsessions with Camera and Vivid Colors.
Chinks know this so they're selling them integrated shit, like Apple, and harvesting privacy without caring for security, unlike Apple which has security atleast. They even have same business models.

Attached: p30 main.jpg (2048x1337, 363K)

what country? seems non existant in the uk

Thats it bros... Time to say Jow Forumsoodbye until something worthwile comes on market.
>note 10+ pass
>redmi note 8 pass
>Mix 4 12gb 1tb 3.0 meme, if it comes with 5g and 850$ even worse
>op 7 pro same price as s10+, pass
>holes, notches, everywhere
So bezel-less is okay being overpriced when notchshit apple costs 1000$.
>DAC Dongle 30$+ era is starting (while you gave 800$ for phone without 3.5
>avoid 6/128, go for 8/256 futureproof meme and overprice again
>NanoSD's are coming overpriced in no-time.
Next year s11+ will cost 1599$ entry level, and more people will buy it than s10+ because m-m-muh innuvashn. Write it down.
Either be dumb and buy overpriced shit or pretend to be poorfag with 2y old phone with 9.0 and minimize phone usage.

Attached: 1023.jpg (300x218, 11K)

Asus ROG Phone 2

>Nokia 7.1
>Samsung S10e
>Samsung A9
>Realme 3 Pro

Live in the UK, need to replace my Lenovo P2 but want something with good software and regular updates.

Loved my Samsung S5 before replacing it. Is Samsung software still considered shit though?

I only talked about the cameras.

To the user in the other thread that kept saying the note 10 5G was already out. No, you're dumb, the regular note 10 and 10+ release today but the 5G model has started taking preorders today.

>European
>Samsung is exyshit
>most Xiaomi phones only have their lower end models available
>everything bought retail has a 30%+ premium
>Amazon has no stock

Attached: 1566060379381.png (574x453, 461K)

I'm that user retard, i was inside the store and i saw the 5G S10+ NOTE box,

>duh my shithole didn't have it, nobody else has it

imagine being retarded, poor and stupid

I'm gonna buy a oneplus 7 vanilla.
Is it a chink government botnet?

Apple can't do their announcement fucking fast enough, hate this pixel 3XL

>dogshit canera
>no variety of sexy cases

>being this poor
it's a sign from god, stop being NEET

>a chink government botnet?
Just flash a custom ROM and use microG instead of gapps. OnePlus 5T came with some telemetry software pre-installed though.

No
Pixel 4 XL bro

yeah i hate the 3XL so i'm gonna get duped again and get the garbage ass 4 with big ass top bezel that's not symmetrical

what do you hate about it?

user your dumb, literally none has the phone. Samsung has it available for pre order and ships Sept 6th

Laggy when swiping notifications down
Screen is too bright on dimmest setting at night
Screen isn't as bright as other flagships, unless you root and enable a high brightness setting....

Don't ask me why that's fucking disabled. Wireless charging only gets 10W+ on pixel stand which is $119 AUD

Rest is just software bugs i've come across which is disappointing being a pixel phone and the new android gesture navigation is trash tier copy of apple's

>The Galaxy Note10 and Galaxy Note10+ will officially launch in stores and online on August 23 in over 70 countries, including Australia, Canada, France, India, Singapore, Thailand, the U.K., and the U.S., and will be available in approximately 130 markets by the beginning of next month.

Not him but the fuck you talking about, can buy it today

Same, search for imported Note 9 on e-bay-like sites.
>Also
How badly i fucked it up if im a male with Snapdragon(!!!) Lavender Purple Note 9? Found one new (not used, with protectors still on phone and on cables and usb to usb-c adapter, just without box, to evade customs taxes) imported from USA selling for 500 eurobucks.

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-Note-9-Hands-On-19.jpg (2560x1707, 371K)

Note 10 has three models technically. The Note 10 and the Note 10+ which have been on pre order for the last couple weeks are officially releasing today. Meanwhile the third model the Note 10 5G is starting taking pre orders today but won't release till September.

Just slap on the crest of some sport team that wears that colour and no one will bat an eyelid.

No it's out today in Australia

>Order the Galaxy Note10+ 5G for the price of the 4G version.
>Available now Order online for free delivery within 1-5 business days

Co-worker got his today, posted yesterday

>The Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G will be available online and in stores tomorrow. Just in time, the folks at iFixit are sharing a peek inside the new device

Still in uni last year tho, so im not neet. Its dumb to spit savings or scholarship for a phone kek.

the purple looks fine?????

What's decent on a budget of 150-250 euros? No plan included since that stuff is never worth it over in euroland.

I just learned from Flossy its Thanos Edition. Should i go for Note 9 SD, still best?

>about to pull the trigger on Mix 3
>not a single jade unit in stock anywhere

Attached: tumblr_pl2ijc1MT31sfs3t5_540.jpg (540x720, 138K)

Redmi Note 7, Pocophone or Mi9T

>Order the Galaxy Note10+ 5G for the price of the 4G version.

where from? Those jews only had 5G locked to a plan when i checked

Telstra, an australia carrier

and yeah it's a plan subsidy over the 2 years

yea that's what i thought there was a bit of chaos when i rocked up after work, some fat boomer was rushing in to buy it for his son and i just beat some leb wanting to get the S10+ as well. DESU, not that great of a phone justwait™ for the next versions

>Nokia 7.1
>Samsung S10e
>Samsung A9
>Realme 3 Pro

Live in the UK, need to replace my Lenovo P2 but want something with good software and regular updates.

Loved my Samsung S5 before replacing it. Is Samsung software still considered shit though?

*note 10+

None of the above

Pixel 3A if you care about updates

It's lcd so the subpixel resolution is actually higher than a 1440 amoled

Nokia 8 Sirocco for 250$. Worth it?

Attached: 1438809717077.gif (300x300, 56K)

What would you recommend?
But other than the camera, is it not pretty shit?

Mi9T

> Europe
> nfc
> headphone jack
Cheapest option for good value?

Samsung A series

Zoomer

my lg g3 started bootlooping today :(

redmi note 7

Just got my ZenFone 6 and it keeps randomly turning off, happend during setup and now just in random use, what the fuck?

He wants updates, Chinese market phones won't get those.

I find myself in the unenviable position of having to choose a phone position based on the amount of bands that it offers rather than its features. In this case, the pixel 3a beats out the OnePlus 7 pro, but I'm having a really hard time pulling the trigger with the pixel 4 on the horizon.

Wat do

Pixels are shit but the 3a is the shitter shit shitfuck shitting shit

Attached: 15099630433191.gif (460x345, 492K)

This
Fuck P*xels, fucking trash overpriced garbage
Only thing they have going for them is stock android but you can get that on much cheaper phones too

redpill me on the oneplus 7 pro

Why can't Google make good looking phones?

Because they are Google, their purpose is to make the biggest turd and sell as much for the biggest profit.

Should have gone with oneplass

I almost got the pink one, looks dope.

Best phone for daily use considering the display and OxygenOS. I do care about the camera but not enough to poz myself by getting a Pixlel or a Samshit Exyshit, so the OnePlus it is for me. It's serviceable, even great at times. I'm sure it'll get better with updates.

Don't you feel like the curvature of the screen is a form of neghole pozzing?

My lgg3 is still alive
How much longer do you give it guys?
Will it survive until official LineageOS 16 by Hardstyler?
Will it still be alive when 17 rolls out?

Only 2 years of updates for Note 9? So 1 year left?

Don't care about it, all 'premium' phones have them now.