Install OpenBSD

>install OpenBSD
>battery life gets reduced to a third (yes, you read that right, A FUCKING THIRD, 33% of what it lasted with Linux)

What the fuck is wrong with this shit?

Attached: 1200px-OpenBSD_Logo_-_Cartoon_Puffy_with_textual_logo_below.svg.png (1200x781, 180K)

You will also need to replace the SSD in a week.

>What the fuck is wrong with this shit?
Different priorities.

Attached: 1565984826058.jpg (731x747, 54K)

Modern SSDs don't have this problem

Attached: 1565974953614.png (511x671, 112K)

So this is normal? I'm all for losing performance in the name of security and correctness, but not if MemeBSD turns my laptop into a desktop. I literally can't use my laptop without a plug now.

have you tried turning apmd(8) on? letting it scale CPU frequency automatically might help a lot

even minix is more usable. openbsd is bad and part of the gay agenda

Attached: Whytryharder.jpg (316x316, 21K)

>I'm all for losing performance in the name of security and correctness
Yeah, they only have so much manpower. Although there might be something you can do to improve power usage. Unlike other systems, if the feature hasn't been audited, it isn't going in. Which is why they tend to get features later.

Not really. I tried it and couldn’t even get a simple wm like i3 or dwm working, nor did there appear to be a firewall or sound.
Granted, OpenBSD is still godawful compared to GNU/Linux, but it’s no minix3. Minix3, unless I was doing something very wrong, seems fine for usecases such as the ME or other embedded shit, but that’s pretty much the only thing you can use it for.
Or maybe i’m a brainlet and others can get the pkgsrc packages to compile properly.

>Or maybe i'm a brainlet
SHIT!
HE'S BECOMING SELF-AWARE

kek

OP btfo

Attached: 1565974148111.jpg (125x111, 2K)

Have an upvote.

Install FreeBaSeD

>TrannyBSD

>Cuck CoC

Used it for 10 months.
Went back to Alpine Linux.
Much faster.

OpenBSD rocks!

haha, I like the way you replaced part of what I said with the word "tranny", really clever.

It includes one line: "Deliberate misgendering." - regardless of how many genders you think there are you're still being a dick if you shit on someone's beliefs on purpose, not that talking about any of that within the context of the FreeBSD project is even remotely relevant. The CoC isn't legally binding, you don't have to follow it as a regular user.

Back to Discord, thank you.

dilate

>regardless of how many genders you think there are you're still being a dick if you shit on someone's beliefs on purpose, not that talking about any of that within the context
>assuming tranny shit is my problem with it
Sending virtual hugs without asking for permission first isn't OK under their CoC. It's that retarded.

Attached: 1565972362754.jpg (500x542, 42K)

>What the fuck is wrong with this shit?
I charge my laptop once or twice a week, and usually only for half an hour in the morning, so obviously not much. Are you using a system that's known to work well with the OS? Either way, what does apm report?

their CoC is working as designed in keeping retards like you away

You're right. It encourages even more retarded people to come.

lmfao

Attached: 2019-08-23-212340_1366x768_scrot.png (639x654, 68K)

That same year, openbsd donations went up as it does every year.

>distribution founded on basically being lawless, based on leaked and illegally distributed unix code
>license reflects this, absolute wild west we dont give a fuck just say we helped. no rules but the no rules rule
>pc police crack down, support plummets
its almost like they are losing their target audience

Attached: 456768789.webm (800x502, 2.8M)

>muh FreeBSD
>muh freeeeeedoms
>muh Linux alternative
>muh jails
This cannot be happening

Attached: 1565974311785.jpg (107x125, 3K)

It is because of poorly supported idle c-states. If you have a Sandy Bridge, you have C6 deep sleep, but it is not reached with OpenBSD. As a result, your battery blows out. Just turn out linux.

Powertop - -auto-tune

>BSD
>powertop

>NOOOOOOOOOOO WHY ARE YOU LEAVING STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP COME BACCCK

Attached: 798900986.jpg (600x568, 29K)

oh boy he's going to be in for a surprise

have sex