What is unironically the best VPN

No, I am not looking for NordVPN.

Attached: 1566404754681.jpg (400x400, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

account.protonvpn.com/signup?pk_source=wl&utm_campaign=1102&bestdeal
youtu.be/eQ2OZKitRwc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

VPNs are snake oil, why do you think you need one?

torrenting, and tor

>torrenting
the best one would be the cheapest one
also if you arent in a dorm or whatever, you can tell your ISP to fuck off and get a valid court order, else you might go find an ISP that respects your rights
>tor
why? do you not want people knowing that youre using tor? because a vpn cant help with that

for cp and drugs and illegal guns you want to use a vpn that does not keep logs and that vpn is secret because well... its just dat good.

vm + pihole
commercial vpn is worse than no vpn

AMATERASU

Attached: 1524019685397.jpg (425x340, 14K)

VirtualShield.

>also if you arent in a dorm or whatever, you can tell your ISP to fuck off and get a valid court order
Enjoy having your internet service terminated on the spot

Buying a second and house in a third world country with another persons name and getting a internet subscription under said persons name and a raspi or similar for tunneling.

Opera Free VPN

ISPs are obligated by law if they get a request from a lawyer to tell the origin of the IP. VPN is literally the telling to fuck off to your ISP nothing more and honestly thats more than enough. At least that way you won't get sued if you live in a 1st world country.

ofc only obligated if there is a suspicion of a "crime"

>t. fag
ISPs dont have to (and wont) do anything until it has been proven that you commited a crime, they send out those preasure emails because big IP owners strong arm them into doing so and because (very important) it requies zero (0) effort on behalf of them (both your ISP and the copyright holder)
there is no way in fucking hell you will get sued over p2p

airvpn

bruh I was sued I know what I'm talking about and it was over p2p.

Private Internet Access

eeeehhhhhhh i dont believe you

>Tor
Also snake oil of the highest order. Come on user. Current encryption standards have been developed by the NSA, and it stands to reason they made sure to have a thorough decryption algorithm before letting it be used en masse. Tor itself was developed with the Department of Defense. Same is probably true for them.

I'm not lying though you can google if people got sued over it too if you want. There are a lot of fags asking for advice on the internet bc of it. How the fuck did you never hear about it? You have to be 3rd world to be immune to it

not trying to offend btw but thats how it works

i googled for a few seconds and couldnt find anything

Starbucks.

How would an ISP prove you torrented something copyrighted? I've received two of these "pressure" emails from my ISP related to things I never torrented, one being some Cawadooty game I've never played and another being like season 6 or something of some shitty sitcom. It wasn't anyone else in my house doing it and it certainly wasn't me, but it was my IP. If they actually gave a shit, how could they even come at me? There would be no trace of anything on my computer.

>for a few seconds
whatever dude. You are either a brainlet or 3rd world eitherway you got way bigger problems

lmao @ ur life

It does help because tor nodes are publicly known and many sites filter them automatically. Using TOR to access your VPN will obfuscate that you are a TOR user from the place you're accessing.

There have been cases where ISPs were literally unable to comply with legal demands because of CGNAT making it impossible to determine who specifically was using an IP for a thing.

that more of a problem if you live in a student home or stuff like that. A lot of people using one service. Not the same if you are the sole costumer

It's not a generalization or anything, but it's something that I never see brought up in all the drama that CGNAT is actually good for anonymity. Unique user IPs is probably the most commonly used online fingerprint and companies that put hundreds if not thousands of people on that same fingerprint simultaneously essentially make it that many times harder to deanonymize people.

>t. actual retard

don't bully the brainlet he was born that way

yeah, honestly
my second uncle's son's daughter's estranged neighbor's goldfish once downloaded the new game of thrones after his ISP sent him a strongly worded email AND THEN HE FUCKING DIED WTFFFFFFF

Yet again, theres no reason for them to go after you when millions use tor. It's like a needle in a haystack

Just host a VPN on some VPS, full control for much cheaper prices, it's a win-win situation

>there's no reason for them to go after you when billions use Google
>there's no reason for them to go after you when millions use Discord
>there's no reason for them to go after you when billions use Windows
>there's no reason for them to go after you when millions use Alexa
Come on user.

Not OP here.

What if I want a VPN to torrent shit while I'm living in my dorms at school? and have a Terry.

Attached: 3c6e03d8c314a5a36a028bd65aeacc46a36af38ba487d24fee76f74551313cd6.jpg (800x764, 144K)

I recommend you to look at some videos from guy called "grugq", he made some great things in opsec

go for it

except a serverfarm can find that needle in milliseconds

i thought pihole was about blocking dns?

Would there be any reason to not get Nord then? 3 years for $100 seems like a pretty good deal. Have another Terry.

Attached: 14e1100eda2da0231fade8fbfd5fe8526a6a1f2ce5cf97e9905797f036fe7ad6.png (400x800, 162K)

>3 years for $100 seems like a pretty good deal.
nop nopnopnponopnopnpo
dont buy in vpn in bulk, its basically a gym membership
torguard is like $5 a month, and if you want to go even cheaper than that you can get a vps for like $3, but its honestly not worth the headache just to save $2 (unless you want to port forward, which you probably cant do in your dorm, in which case its a p good deal)

Would a basic plan with proton be the way to go then? Heres some more Terry

account.protonvpn.com/signup?pk_source=wl&utm_campaign=1102&bestdeal

Attached: terry desktop.png (1980x1080, 2.16M)

Law enforcement nowadays works on a deterrence model. Online activities are borderline unenforceable with even the minimum effort put in to obfuscate yourself, but feds will make it a point to go disproportionately after high profile cases with a lot of headlines, either large scale or someone important/very hard to get.

It's all about generating PR and fear. Just look at piracy: virtually unenforced, it's the fucking business firms themselves that serve as the police force for IP laws, and that's both something far easier and more socio-economically important to be pursuing.

In other words unless you're a politician or a billionaire, any VPN with enough of a good reputation to be popular plus basic opsec is already sufficient to not be targeted, unless you specifically engage in things that make yourself high priority (IE any kind of activity that will put media pressure on law enforcement or otherwise affect their image).

All the shitposting about how it's impossible to hide from the government is to said governments' benefit and literal propaganda, the illusion of being invincible is something they go through great efforts to spread both domestically and diplomatically.

Attached: 1493833765459.jpg (547x402, 24K)

Using 2 VPNs

>buy a cheap as fuck server in the country you're interested
>build your own vpn and whatnot
VPN services are a big scan imo.
>ever trusting a shady proxy not to mitm
Good Jow Forumsoy

Not how it works. SELinux was also developed by the NSA and is an integral part of distro security. Not seeing how anyone got compromised because of that either.
youtu.be/eQ2OZKitRwc

>the developer doesn't know how to crack their own shit
user, that's the most ridiculous claim you could possibly make.

get whatever you want as long as its fast and cheap
but DO NOT think that a VPN legitmately protects your privacy, itll let you download movies and stop your school from seeing what you masturbate to, but thats it

>>the developer doesn't know how to crack their own shit
>t. absolute mathlet who doesnt understand the first thing about cryptography

>t. brainlet who doesn't know the process of cryptography
If you know the obfuscation/encryption process, you know how to translate/decrypt it.

Thats more or less all I want it to do. Thanks for the help bro. I'm out of Terries so my words of gratitude will be all this time.

np
first off, retard, if the protocol is publically documented, then EVERYONE knows the encryption process
second, you need a fuckin key in order to decrypt anything, and 99% of all secure protocols on the internet nowadays rely on tried and true methods like RSA and DH and they, mathematically, cannot be efficiently cracked, so no key 4 u

>dont buy in vpn in bulk
why?
you later say to buy the cheapest one. buying NordVPN in 'bulk' is the cheapest.

This has nothing to do with technology and Jow Forums.

I wish Mods would do something about this.

Attached: imgbin-pepe-the-frog-pol-4chan-conversation-threading-frog-5BuMCK2J5X6pzeMs1bVShKZe4.jpg (728x669, 69K)

the service might suck, even through no fault of their own, and then youre suck with three years of it
what if they go down?
what if it comes out that they keep logs to sell to china?
i just cant imagine commiting to a vpn for that long

The next thing you will say is that bruteforcing sha256 hashes is decrypting them. Gee, I wonder why nobody cracked the encryption protocol to decrypt it (besides brute-force decrypting)

Attached: actualretard.jpg (300x168, 12K)

Mullvad

Attached: 1548400001566.png (1000x986, 55K)

there was a really good cunny thread last night that was up for many hours before it got 404d
based mods

>created by the NSA
Wonder who could possibly decrypt that.

Private Internet Access

>isp to fuck off

The problem is when the copyright holder goes to court and wants you ip and will rape u.

no goddamn way they take you to court over downloading movies

What they usually do is send a mean warning letter or say you must pay a fine with no intention of you actually paying it.

lmao how big of a fine?

The absolute state of Jow Forums

>unironically
thread discarded

>the developer doesn't know how to crack their own shit
>user, that's the most ridiculous claim you could possibly make.
I don't give a fuck. Show me. Don't show me whataboutism - show me where and how SELinux was used to compromise machines, as well as Tor protocol itself.

>created by the NSA
>Wonder who could possibly decrypt that.
Again with this horseshit...
Also, just for a bit of perspective - literal terrorist attacks have been orchestrated through fucking Telegram and no one did anything until like always some retard had to prove he's dumber than the rest of the herd by making such groups public.
Did those ~300 mass shootings not happen? Surely some of them had traces or mentions online, how come the great NSA didn't wish them to be sent to them and decrypted if needed? Huh?

>needle in a haystack analogy
Show me how known encryption methods are so easily broken. It's not an impossibility for a fairly large company to have a server farm. Surely every single one of them has been breaking RSA and DH.

Non-subscription models take away your negotiation power. If you pay by month they know they can lose a high-paying customer at any moment. If you buy bulk they're cheapening their service to you and at the same time know you're the one who gets fucked if they go back on their promises.