Goodbye Nvidia

and all other GPU non-Chinese GPU vendors

extremetech.com/computing/297099-chinese-vendor-designs-pcie-4-0-gpu-targets-gtx-1080-performance

>inb4 national security threat lmao

Attached: Jingjia-Micro-Chart.png (714x533, 17K)

>no DX12
>HBM memory
>DP1.3 even though DP1.4 is basically the same exact bandwidth just more features
>200w TDP

lmao no thanks, chinkshit is indeed shit.

GPU: *traces illegal anti-government light rays*
The secret police: *teleports behind you* heh, nothing collective, kiddo

So chinks have been kidnapping people involved in GPU development?

>DP 1.3 instead 1.4
How? Why?
>1050 equivalent is 150W
Shit is housefire tier.

nah they just stole the info off of some unprotected servers, and the occasional engineers laptop's when they stop over for work related shit

>Need HBM2 for GTX 1080 level performance

TOP KEK

To be fair, so did AMD until Navi hit.

>inb4 national security threat lmao

Fuckin kek, Mossad and the CIA already on it: Tell me "user", how exactly is China's Ministry of State Security going to impact me, here, in Los Angeles? The CIA, FBI, Mossad, and to an extent the NSA are a threat to personal liberty in the US. They can have a direct impact (ie suiciding them) on political dissidents or people who call Israel an apartheid state.

China can't.

Anyone thinking this is not a good thing is a corporate whore.
Chinks entering the market with GTX 1080 performance is a good thing, it will pressure nvidia and amd to bring their prices down.
I have no doubt that insects will price it much lower than competition to gain market share.

With HBM2, i don't see how.

HBM2 alone would make up a significant amount of the pricetag.

It's the primary reason the Radeon VII cost $700.

16GB of HBM just ain't cheap.

Profit margins are too high for american companies. They can easily undercut them if they can make this GPU work.
I read the article and this company makes GPU for chinese military so these cards may not necessarily be for consumers.

rumors were AMD were losing money selling the R7 for $700, so I really don't think the costs can be cut as much as you think.

>GPU for Chinese military
what? Are they playing video games?

GPUs do more than just play video games user

They're very good at machine learning shit as well

what makes them different from regular CPUs in machine learning?

>Losing money on R7
Their PR team spreading BS so people buy that card. Anyone who bought for just "gaming" got screwed so hard, even $400 5700xt beats it almost every benchmark.

>chinkshit
lmao no thanks.

>Less efficient than Vega
>No DX support

Lots and lots of cores that do certain things (like FP32/64) very efficiently.

No DirectX or Vulkan support?

Well yeah, it was literally their instinct MI50 workstation GPU at 1/2 or 1/4 of the cost.

At $699 they weren't making much if any money on it.

>At $699 they weren't making much if any money on it.
Marketing bs and they got successful, sold every unit and goys thought they got workstation GPU with finewine optimisation.

>sold every unit
That's because they only produced the consumer variant for ~3-4 months. I'd be willing to bet there are less than 20,000 total in the wild.

DX12 is irrelevant for Linux

Congrats?

You and the other 2% of desktop users on linux can go out and buy this chink GPU then.

Enjoy.

It will soon transform into 20% once China switches to homegrown system instead of depending on US based systems like Windows.

> willing to bet there are less than 20,000 total in the wild.
Not true there only fanboys who bought it but still number wouldn't be that low.

Fine, 50,000.

You'll never convince me they sold 100,000 or more.

Do you know how long people have been saying this sort of thing?
Since Linux started, that's how long.
The Year of Linux on the Desktop is 5 years away and always will be.

>Kim Kong Eat Dog
Yeah, no thanks. The Chinese are ugly, their language is ugly, they have no culture, and their products suck shit.
I'll wait for Intel or AMD to force Nvidia to lower prices instead.

Attached: image0-184.jpg (1242x1179, 734K)

There's willful choice and forced choice. They're being forced by the geopolitical situation + their own maturing economy/industry.

tfw Trump accelerates the maturing of Linux gaming
what a nice bloke

Nah, its bound to happen regardless of Trump.

They can, by giving information about you to someone who can actually fuck with your shit, and would want to do so.

>img

Attached: angry_gorilla.gif (337x510, 113K)