Cracking WPA2 handshake on ESXi host AT WORK

i have a wpa2 handshake
password is probably 8 letters UPPERCASE
so shouldn't be much of a problem cracking the key

i currently make an internship at a big company and i got full access on a esxi host with 32core and 128GB RAM

i am the only one that has access to that host
(and my boss but he has no time for that shit)

do you guys think i can crack the password on the esxi host at work without anyone recognizing?
give me some thoughts on this

Attached: hashcat-1000x479.jpg (1000x479, 25K)

Be careful, the may be monitoring the CPU Load

it is a test host, so i dont think so
furthermore the esxi host is standing in a lab, so not at the location i am working at

you need gpus to crack handshakes CPUs are slow

yeah but u can do it with cpus too, dont u?
and i have 32 or 64 cores with lots of ram

it think it will be ok, maybe 4-6 days?

like to crack passwords in a reasonable amount of time (4-12 hours) your going to need atleast 4x gtx 1080s.

i also though on creating a cron job
and only bruteforcing at night when nobody is there

>4-6 days
someone is going to start wondering why the machine is overheating and pegged at 100% for the past week.

maybe give the vm not all the cores and only run it a few hours a day

that will probably take months to track, even when using a mask.

is there really that a big difference between
4 GPUS and 64 cores of xeon intel cpus?
(i mean in cracking time)

theoretically yes. Depends on the password and your password rules and wordlists. If you are going to try every character it will probably take very long time

Find a device that pairs with pin and use reaver, or prepare a rainbow table with all uppercase/8 long, but reaver is your best bet

the password looks like this TAKDBSOW
so 8 letters all uppercase
shouldn't take too long or?

have already tryed reaver, but without any result
but i think the router is vuln. to some kinds of wps attacks

Well reaver is wps attack, so if you can find one it's just a matter of leaving something like a nokia n900 running reaver overnight 'accidentally', outside of wps it's GBs of rainbow tables, but if you know for a fact it's all uppercase and 8 len, that's still workable

why r u doing this at an internship lol

this is the best option i have (speaking of hardware)

Well if you're the only one with access, then they can never suspect you. It must have been the janitor or something. Retard

>password is probably 8 letters UPPERCASE
sounds bullshit, such a trivial pw would crack on a standard graphics card in a matter of minutes.

This and logging who (if it's just you and your boss then that kinda narrows the list down) and how the hardware is being used.