So what VPS service does /g use? I used digitalocean untill i discovered hetzner...

So what VPS service does /g use? I used digitalocean untill i discovered hetzner. Is there anything cheaper or better quality?

Digitalocean cheapest = $5;
Hetzner = $4;

I'm open to new suggestions.

Attached: virtual-private-server.png (960x440, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lowendbox.com/
lowendtalk.com/discussion/157968/transparency-report-leb-offers-and-colocrossing-locations
vultr.com/products/cloud-compute/
whatbox.ca
serverhunter.com/?search=2E7-5A4-5FD
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there are $2/mo vpses but they are not better quality
there are higher quality vpses but they are not cheaper

I'm using scaleway myself. It is ok but I'm only using it that I have $100 credit on it

$17 a year, one core at one ghz, 512 mb of ram. It's enough for me

buy an rpi and host from home faggot

Can you guys name the providers? I have no where you guys are renting by just the prices and specs.

Just check lowendbox.com/ there'll be like 30 vpses for less than $5/mo

There are some that go down even further. Got one that is 10 USD semi yearly. Decent enough to run near 1k torrents without much of a hitch.
Don't feel like repping them though, I'd say go to lowendtalk/box and check some of the reviews out.
Also started doing this too, proxying with nginx.

some Owned Networks reseller whose name escapes me and I can't be bothered to dig for it but you can find similar deals at lowendbox.com

men of culture

Nice, I didn't even knew this existed.

Also, I don't want to host from home because i don't want traffic and want to isolate it as much as possible. It's mostly for hosting gaming servers and hosting websites / apps.

Lowendbox is a shill website that posts only hosts that are reselling ColoCrossing and are shit af.

lowendtalk.com/discussion/157968/transparency-report-leb-offers-and-colocrossing-locations

If you want to find real servers, search on lowendtalk.com or serverhunter.com or metadedi.net

based vultr

I got some $2.5/mo deal

is it just me or are euro VPS' expensive af compared to American ones?

specs?

Well I noticed they really make use of the EU / USD price. Since $5 aint 5EU, but they put the same price tag on it for some reason.

>get a super-fast $5/mo vps from vultr
>stupid-fast internet and 5TB of bandwidth a month
>mount my home server's drive over SSH on the server, download torrents from my vps and it writes it to my net at home
>get private tracker invites and just fucking download shit, fuck you
>upgrade the server to be more beefy and me and my friend both split the costs and use it to download shit

Attached: 2080ti.webm (720x900, 1.28M)

Not really, just gotta look around. Even the bigger guys you can see the opposite, see OP. Granted I'm only ever in the market for the lowest of the low. Don't know what the higher end market is like.

Thanks for pointing out.

It's simple, but im not like, developing on it or running an http server on it or anything. I use it purely for the speed and for small automation tasks and proxying and network tunneling and shit

I share a big seedbox with 4 other people for the more beefy downloading/seeding on private tracekrs

vultr.com/products/cloud-compute/

I have the $2.50/mo option and it works just fine for me. You can run any OS you want.
I installed arch of course.

Did you ever receive a DMCA claim on your seedbox with private torrents? I'm interested in hosting one myself rather than paying ultraseedbox 7 bucks a month for their trash service

Well with hetzner and digitalocean the advantage was using either kexec-tools on hetzner with rescue or just digitaloceans long list of OS' you can use. Since I usually use rancherOS for most stuff, cuz you can pull any docker image you need.

>ultraseed
we use whatbox.ca
never got a DMCA, and if we did, they dont care, they know what you're using the seedbox for

is cheap VPS good for anonymity? are they holding your files encrypted/keep logs?

nope never got a DMCA

512MB OVZLive Yearly Special* (06/10/2018 - 05/10/2019) $13.00 USD
Operating System: Debian 8.0 x86_64
------------------------------------------------------
Sub Total: $13.00 USD
Credit: $0.00 USD
Total: $13.00 USD
---------------------------------

>cheap
Nope, maybe those buttcoin accepting ones that let you use tor to sign up, but those are heavily gouging you for the privilege last I checked.

Stahp derailing the thread you faggots. You wouldn't download a car

Do you know if it offers decent seeding with especially the redacted tracker? On my home connection and especially on ultraseedbox, my ratio is always under 1.

Thanks user

Google cloud is straight up free if you just need a Linux micro box

>Operating System: CentOS
>$15.00
>Operating System: Ubuntu
>$15.00 + $2.00

Attached: qpavae.webm (800x450, 1.84M)

>giving Google my vps info
doubt it

shit I meant cc info*, I need to go to sleep

For botnet approved options there is also that year you get for free with AWS.
Maybe use those pipes for good, like h@h.

I have a legacy 1€/month plan on Arubacloud that isn't being sold anymore.

serverhunter.com/?search=2E7-5A4-5FD

I like that site, even though most links point at nothing

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned cockbox
cockbox.org

I'm not clicking that

shit 3.50/year

ovh, cheapest is 3.5