Ew thick bezels

>ew thick bezels

Attached: bigmouth wojak.jpg (644x800, 71K)

You are a hipster. Now go ahead tell me to have sex or dilate or cope.

post body

Okay

Attached: 1566540077336.png (626x744, 404K)

Body, not face

Attached: thing that I don't like.png (680x444, 165K)

T. Lagdroid pixel user

I still don't know what a bezel is. I may have learned at some point, but I forgot.

the space that surrounds a screen that isn't part of the screen
it would be the dark black part in this image

Attached: NX devkit.jpg (1024x450, 49K)

Thick bezels are trash

Attached: IMG_20190823_211539.jpg (1753x1203, 745K)

>NOOO you can't post söyjaks, it's not a real argument!

Attached: soi.png (231x218, 8K)

are you that user of that other thread who owns the s5e?

Attached: 1565862532124.jpg (415x604, 50K)

Yep. Bored and still shitposting

how does he say those consonants with his mouth wide open

bro wassup, hows the tab going man? I'm still thinking about buying either the tab s4 or the tab s5e, I'm a privacy obsessed fag/g/ot, do you think the linux on dex feature can cover a least a little bit of that?

Attached: literally_me.jpg (295x600, 30K)

>understands thick bezels are trash
>still owns a cumpad

>bro wassup, hows the tab going man? I'm still thinking about buying either the tab s4 or the tab s5e, I'm a privacy obsessed fag/g/ot, do you think the linux on dex feature can cover a least a little bit of that?
Well, the way it works is you download an image from Samsung that unrolls into the desktop. You can make your own though, it's just a little work getting it loaded but not too difficult. That takes care of having to use any pre-built binaries for the actual Ubuntu image. There's also the option of installing the base image and compiling everything you want to use on top of it like your web browser or whatever. For on-screen typing, the Samsung keyboard is the only keyboard that works in Dex though you can use the Ubuntu built-in onscreen keyboard to keep Samsung from basically keylogging you.
The bottom line is you definitely get the Linux image as clean as what you'd have on a regular laptop and you can do user input without having to go through the Android IME.
The real question is how well do you trust Android itself as it's implemented on the device. That I can't really say. The upshot is I would trust using Ubuntu on it more than I would trust using Android even the way this is implemented but I would still trust Ubuntu installed directly on a compatible tablet like the Nexus 7 or an x220t thinkpad the most. I hope that helps.
A man needs something to shitpost in bed with you see. Sacrifices, user. Sacrifices.

thanks bro

>EW THICK 'EZELS

what tablet?

Galaxy Tab s5e. You can run Linux on it in the Linux on Dex thing it comes with. Has full display acceleration so compositing works, you can develop in it or whatever you want. Treat it like an Ubuntu desktop on your tablet. There are accessories for keyboard/trackpad that turn it into basically an uncannily thin laptop with an amazining OLED screen and forever battery life. I'm pretty happy about it.

Attached: IMG_20190822_194138.jpg (2024x1518, 1.45M)

>ghnome
opinion discarded

Can I install Gentoo on it?

Haha.
$ openbox --replace
Might work
Pic related is the default though there are custom images floating around and you can make your own so I imagine Gentoo or Arch are possibilities.

Attached: Screenshot_20190824-035256_Linux on DeX Beta.jpg (1600x2560, 535K)

why didn't they use unity if it runs 16.04?

A nice thing about it is the desktop is optional. You can run Linux just as a terminal app.

Attached: Screenshot_20190824-035856_Linux on DeX Beta.jpg (1600x2560, 563K)

>I want my tablet to be a laptop.
bad

I'm not sure. Canonical put the image together and Mate(?) is the default. Compositing works. It may be they were sunsetting Unity so just decided to not go with it.
>>I want my tablet to be a laptop.
>bad
It's the shit. The S6 will be even better. Snapdragon 855, 8 gb of RAM and a keyboard/trackpad accessory. Literal laptop. If it impresses me enough I'll get it since mobility and Real LinuxTM are my priorities. Expense not nearly as much.

kickstand bad