Solar Foods makes food out of thin air

Food tech start-up Solar Foods has created a climate-friendly, protein-rich food made from electricity, air and water laced with bacteria.

Developed in collaboration with VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland and the Lappeenranta University of Technology, Solein is made by applying electricity to water to release bubbles of carbon dioxide and hydrogen captured from the air.

Living microbes are added to the liquid – these create protein that is then dried to form a protein-rich powder.

The production model is similar to the fermentation process that is used to make beer. It can be used to produce food "in the desert, arctic or even in space".

According to its makers, Solein is 100 times more climate-friendly than any animal or plant-based alternative, when it comes to water use, land-use efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions.

The company plans to produce enough powder to make two billion meals a year by 2022.

dezeen.com/2019/07/03/solein-solar-foods-design/

Attached: o-BAKING.jpg (2000x1000, 584K)

Other urls found in this thread:

solarfoods.fi/
youtu.be/yZo2mbbCmKQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olkiluoto_Nuclear_Power_Plant
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanhikivi_Nuclear_Power_Plant
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>applying electricity to water to release bubbles of carbon dioxide
yeah, no

I'd prefer a hambuger over eating sand, tyvm.

>climate-friendly
>electricity
I hope this goes somewhere, but I doubt it will. Sounds like a Waterseer-tier scam.

kek
don't question pop-sci articles

I would like to think that this is a good thing (if it even works), but it's another way of encouraging the global population rising
>look it doesn't matter if there's 20 billions africans and 30 billions pajeet, we can all just live in cramped cities and eat proten sand

I don't eat food to survive, I eat food for enjoyment. If it tastes like shit I will not eat it

Electrifying water on a large scale. I wonder what could go wrong in these production facilities? I mean assuming it's not total bullshit and it most likely is lol.

>water with bacteria
>it's a female pooinloo
The memes just write themselves, for fuck's sake. Also that solar electricity isn't free, it's extremely inefficient, specially in Finland out of all places.

I'm sure you would if the alternative was starving to death, fatty.

keep projecting

I bet I could project a movie on the girth of your ass and start running a drive in movie theater.

>$30 for a dozen cupcakes
What the fuck is this overpriced shit?

Everyone knows water is just full of carbon dioxide. Just zap that shit and it flies right out. Bacteria love it. Yep.
I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE LMAO

>FINNS
>EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY

This is legit, not science fiction
solarfoods.fi/

Attached: bioprocess_v2_1024x857.png (1024x857, 34K)

doesnt look that good

Attached: 1454786798745353.jpg (1440x640, 229K)

Since when is protein a main ingredient in cupcakes? Aren't they just trying to mask something disgusting in sugar and frosting? This is one step from protein blocks.
youtu.be/yZo2mbbCmKQ

I bet this is some elaborate ruse to make people eat mämmi.

You sound like a spoiled, fat fuck

>You sound like a spoiled, fat fuck

You sound like the average tech cuckboy.
Yes diversity! Yea more efficient way to feed 7 billion brownies! 98% poop stained race by 2050 and 15 billion population

They have pointers to water and land area efficiency, but how power efficient is this?

Careful fatty, if you deflect too much you might give yourself a heart attack.

200 lbs 6'3. I could lose a few pounds but no more than 10lbs

Nobody asked for your girlfriend's weight and height. You'd probably lose more than 10lbs if you cleaned all the crumbs out of your fat rolls.

There are already things that convert air and water into food. It's called fucking plants.

So strictly worse than normal plants ?

The world is too populated and the ones who are breeding are mainly 3rd world poop skins who then mass migrate to western nations and put a strain on host countries.

Now we are suppose to invent new space saving ways when we could just cut off mass immigration and foreign aid. Stop sending medicine to 3rd world until every continent has 500 million people less or outright infect the population with a plauge.

impossible burger, Solein powders, synthetic meat
watch how mutations and cancers will skyrocket the next few decades

>muh climate change

The plague idea is probably the worst one. Any plague that breeds there will affect us.

SCAM

kek

Attached: 1494662770661.jpg (521x393, 74K)

>any energy
>renewable
JUST
USE
FUCKING
NUCLEAR

Attached: 1566189443250.jpg (500x500, 30K)

Looks like a prototype of that sludge they eat in the matrix.

Think of the irradiation our children's children will have to endure

I don't eat that garbage unless it's 100 more wallet-friendly as well as more nutritious than my current food. Climate "change" is for sheep and not a real argument.

What a dumbass

If faggots and leftists didn't get in the way with gay regulations and lawsuits we could develop modern nuclear technology that is not only far more efficient but considerably safer.

The probability of a nuclear disaster is exponentially increased due to their anti-science NIMBYism.

Fuck off, I'm not buying your shitty spaceage foods out of charity.

As it currently stands, we're heading that way fast.
Might aswell get the food too

mammi seems like it'd be worth trying once
but maybe not bio-engineered mammi

Both the French and the Russians keep fucking up the nuclear power plant projects here in Finland. Areva's Olkiluoto plant is 10 years over schedule. Rosatom's Hanhikivi plant was delayed by 4 years.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olkiluoto_Nuclear_Power_Plant
>In February 2005, the Finnish cabinet gave its permission to TVO to construct a new nuclear reactor, making Finland the first Western European country in 15 years to order one.[16] The construction of the unit began in 2005. The start of commercial operation was planned for 2010,[17] but has been pushed back several times.[18] As of July 2019, the estimate for start of regular production is July 2020.[1]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanhikivi_Nuclear_Power_Plant
>It was estimated that the reactor would supply 10% of Finland's energy demand by 2024.[4] The reactor contractor Rosatom announced in December 2018, that the plant will be operational by 2028 at the earliest, and building would not begin before 2021.[5]

convincing the oil industry that the logistics behind thorium mining is as good as sucking dinosaur juice through a straw is likely to be better than trying to reason with scared boomers and batshit insane greenpeacers.
The oil industry will mow those hippies down with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

>fucking plants
Plants don't have cunny

>Plants don't have cunny
If you aren't brave enough

Attached: cunnyplant.jpg (800x532, 114K)

>plants
>capable of scaling better than bacteria
enjoy your soil erosion

>Free food also doesn't kill our dying planet
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 4jc85l90ffr11.jpg (2173x1449, 593K)

This. Nuclear shills can't even compete against natty gas. It's almost as bad as the thorium shilling a few years ago.

BASED FINNS CAN AFFORD TWO NEW NUCLEAR PLANTS