Windows

Redpill me on Windows.
Why should I use it? What advantage does it have over a GNU/Linux system?
Been using GNU/Linux for over 10 years now. Currently using xubuntu at home, debian at work.
The only advantage I see is video games, but I already have consoles for that and I don't play much games anyhow.

This is a serious thread btw

Attached: Windows_10_LogoBlue.svg-copy_WINDOWS[1].jpg (1280x620, 33K)

botnet

>What advantage does it have over a GNU/Linux system?
It just werks

you can actually get work done on it

My battery lasts 11 hours on Windows and I can change the power profile on the fly with two clicks.
My battery lasts 5 hours on shitux and TLP rapes my performance.

Keep that shit to servers.

If you have the bare minimum level of technical aptitude there are no advantages, not even games.

Try Windows 10 AME

10 rupees for every post on Jow Forums from nadella Sir

because it's more stable if you won't buy some random chink laptop

+ windows 8.1 is the lightest from all

Because it fucking works

and let's be honest, windows has MORE free software and with every year there comes new after new

show me BIM Modelling Software on your shitux. like Revit, Archicad.

because I want to focus on whatever task I need the computer to complete. Getting the fucking computer to work shouldn't be another task in itself. I don't feel like grep -h -a -f -0a -0-awihef pip install drep grub hub -h -a -f-g any time I want to open a fucking text file. If it was my job, then yes but it would be moronic to make things harder for myself just because.

don't fall for the linux meme. they are all in the watchlist. act like a normie and use win 10.

Don't bother with windows. Avoid if possible. It's crap and botnet.

redpill me on the botnet meme, what exactly do they send back

The only reason to use Windows is if there is software you need that isn't available on GNU/Linux

>Why should I use it?
hardware and software support
>Been using GNU/Linux for over 10 years now.
>Currently using xubuntu at home, debian at work.
>The only advantage I see is video games, but I already have consoles for that and I don't play much games anyhow.

Linux has great hardware support.

literally nothing

Attached: cringe.jpg (3504x2336, 848K)

Attached: 1558616911498.jpg (599x345, 27K)

Never go full retard.

Attached: 1540628674924.png (800x1100, 528K)

I attempted to use windows a month ago to play a certain game.

It doesn't ship ethernet drivers for my mobo (asrock ab350m pro4). Doesn't work with my ps3 controller. Took 10 seconds for my mouse to start functioning, the fuck do you need to download and install to have a fucking mouse work?

And that game now works in Linux and all hardware has always just worked out of the box.

Also:
Other ps3 peripherals just work like the webcam.
Over a century year old wacom tablets literally just work out of the box. I also attempted to get it working on Win10, well took like two days to track down drivers for it, another day to figure out how to install it (required compatibility modes and other bullshit) and even then the tablet and its configs were buggy as hell and there was nothing I could do to make it work satisfyingly.
There was a half a year period where USB tethering caused BSODs in Win10 on many different hardware that a user like me just could not fix.

>inb4 my ProprietarySoundCard9001.609_uu doesn't work
Of course all my positive experiences are with trash simple usb toys that I could write drivers for in an afternoon, and do a better job than the underpaid pajeets normally writing windows drivers. Big complex black boxes by freedom hostile companies like novideo can be an issue. Just research what you're buying and don't support shitty companies (buy AMD).

t. different

More office, games, and graphic design software availability. That's literally it. Everything else about windows a shit.

>my anecdote overrides about hundred million people's experience
See .