Based Knoppix

Knoppix abandons systemd

techrepublic.com/article/knoppix-8-6-first-wide-public-release-to-abandon-systemd/

Attached: Knoppix_logo.svg.png (1200x1262, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

flatpak.org/faq/
nosystemd.org
mirror.cs.utah.edu/pub/knoppix/knoppix-dvd/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

literally who

Wtf I love knoppix now

I use Knoppix to surf on my old Vista computer when i usually visit my parents.

use systemd

Knoppix is a clusterfuck containing every GNU+Linux package under the sun. Except systemd now it seems.
The only thing it's useful for is deciding which applications and utilities you prefer, because the default install lets you try them all.
At least that was my impression like a decade ago. Haven't had any desire to try it again, tbqh.

I mostly remember Knoppix for being one of the first "live" distros if not the first. Now that most other distros have liveUSB options I don't know what sets it apart. Hopefully this is the start of a trend where more distros will eliminate systemd shit.

Even RedHat is doing this to an extent. They certainly aren't getting rid of systemd any time soon, but they seem pretty dedicated more recently about making sure much of their other services don't depend on it.
flatpak.org/faq/
>Is Flatpak tied to systemd?
>No. Versions of Flatpak before 0.6.10 relied on systemd for cgroups setup, but this is no longer required.

They're also ditching PulseAudio for Pipewire. We'll see how that goes, but it's yet one more piece of Poetteringware leaving the GNU/Linux userland.

Dumbass here, what does this do in the end?

Makes the system much more secure and well-designed.

hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahah

*gasp*

hahahahahahahahaahahahahahah

Why systemd is bad?

nosystemd.org

it's fucking nothing lol

Attached: Screenshot_20190824_223630.png (745x417, 73K)

OH SHIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE YOU STUPID IDIOT, FUCK WE'RE ALL DEAD, GET THE FUCK OUT

I installed KNOPPIX back in ~2002 before Ubuntu made Debian easier for normies. It dual booted with Windows ME.

Now? There's literally no reason to run it when Ubuntu liveUSBs exist. Especially now that they're eschewing the best init system.

Attached: FUD demonstration of what happens with systemd.jpg (500x401, 43K)

literally you're literally too literally young to literally post literally here

why can't I, handle all these previleges

I only know how to use systemd

based

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I'm interested in studying old Linux software and it's proving to be very difficult. But you helped me!

mirror.cs.utah.edu/pub/knoppix/knoppix-dvd/

puppy linux/debian dog is the king of live distros now. Knoppix fell into obscurity.

Fuck systemd