I want a portable computer that doesn't reach high temperatures. Laptops have such awfully high temperatures

I want a portable computer that doesn't reach high temperatures. Laptops have such awfully high temperatures.

Attached: 1557410989836.png (248x204, 13K)

fan free laptops are cool if you don't care about performance at all

yeah, and itll stay that way
nothing you can do

They aren't. They all reach high temperatures.

dumb frogposter

Get a powerful laptop and use minimalist software that underutilized the CPU and GPU. If you do that, it will run cool.

Any other questions?

Attached: 1451497239090.png (255x217, 80K)

You can try undervolting, but that's about it.

only laptops from 2010 or before don't get too hot

kek

Old laptops will get hot if you thrash the CPU or GPU, but if you don't, they won't.

However the same is true of modern laptops too. Thrash them and they get hot. Underutilize them and they stay cool. And with modern hardware, your margin for 'underutilize' is higher due to modern CPUs being more energy efficient for a given compute power, making it easier to stay cool on modern hardware.

what is it, retardo?

Old laptops use processors with 35W+ TDP. They're all hot.

at full load an older laptop's keyboard wouldn't get hotter than 35C, which can be a bit uncomfortable already, a laptop with a CPU and dedicated GPU from that time

in modern laptops they report keyboard temperatures above 50C, which is insane

I've had old laptops run hotter than that and modern laptops run cooler than that. Furthermore you're failing to account for the fact that a modern laptop at full load will get your job done faster than an old laptop. Throttle the new laptop down to speeds comparable to the old laptop and it will run much much cooler than the old one.

the CPU power of an older laptop from 2010 is almost the same as the modern one
an old i7 uses 35W, a new i7 uses 65W, that's considerable already for heat dissipation

then we have a GPU, which is very different of course, in terms of computational power and power usage
the problem here is that, you won't really cut your times by 10, but you go from 15W to 150W

so that accounts for the 20C you get on your keyboard that also reduce the lifetime of your computer

if "warm" is hot to you, then maybe. I have a 6W cpu netbook. heat is a non-issue.

no fans in it either

>fancy alienware m15
>$2000

>Hot spots toward the center top row of the keyboard can reach over 50 C when running Witcher 3

2019 gaming laptops

Underutilize the new processor such that you're only burning 35W and you will still have a faster processor than the old one. . You understand that, right? New processors are more efficient, period.

50C keyboard
these are facts, not some pulled out of your ass words with no real meaning

pinebook pro

A modern laptop only gets that hot if you thrash it. Try closing some programs maybe.

And if.you thrash an.old laptop, it gets hot too. My beloved T60p from 2007 got that hot if I thrashed it. But it also got a lot less done in the process, because it wasn't as efficient, because modern processors are categorically more efficient...

50C and above temperatures are reached on brand new laptops,
there is nothing "efficient" about an overheating laptop, just poor design

especially on bed I put the laptop on my lap and it instantly overheats. so much being "Lap"top.

Friendly reminder that heat is the #1 killer of laptops so buying one is basically a waste of money :)

>small desktop @ home
>university computer labs
>smartphone

Laptops are garbage.

Set a new max temp

If you can afford to overpay there's always ultrabooks with snapdragons, atoms, and core-ms

Attached: 1496117980198.png (657x527, 21K)

why are you removing your shirt

Attached: 1559535824711.png (789x750, 18K)

What does Jow Forums think abou the Samsung Galaxy Book S? Saw it announced recently, it's a fanless 13" laptop with a Snapdragon SoC, runs Windows on ARM and apparently supports x86 emulation. Will have to see whether the emulation is really good enough but I think the hardware itself looks quite nice. I know ARM is botnet too but it's always good to have an alternative to the red/blue duopoly. Thoughts?

Attached: samsung_galaxy_book_s_main-100807685-large.jpg (1200x800, 106K)

It's interesting but costs double what it probably should

Attached: 1516163333134.png (727x582, 187K)

>he fell for the gaming laptop meme.

Attached: lel.png (449x401, 490K)

chromebooks don't get hot. the only bad thing is they ship with gimped chrome OS that's basically an OS for retards and boomers.

Just get a current HP elitebook then

Apparently $999 USA for 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD, am in Bongland and no details here.

Never liked Macbooks etc. but I like the look of this one and something about Windows on a non-Intel seems nice.

(me again)
Just looked, 13 inch Macbook Air is 1299 USD for the same RAM and Storage amount so if the CPU and SSD speeds are adequate this is a good competitor to Apple.

I have one of those old fanless atom netbooks and it gets hot as a mother fucker.

Can't you install normal linux on them? I thought the major gripe with them was the tiny soldered SSDs

Fake news. I killed my 2005 laptop playing Civ3, old laptops melted worse than new ones

i replaced the ssds on one of the older models a few years ago, and managed to dual boot linux. it's not hard.

>6watt CPU
>6+ watt MOSFETs
Yeah it's not as cool as Intel wants you to think

doubt

I believe it's only certain models, although I think it's the majority of them nowadays.

They run hotter but are much more efficient. You are still failign to account for the improved performance. Are you legitimately retarded or something?

this is an N3050, 11.6" screen
there's a lot of physical mass to absorb heat and it comes through the keyboard

but yes I also have an n270 on a shelf, and they do get toasty
looked under the keyboard once and there were burn marks. with its fan!

get some proper i3 instead of a meme ultrabook

i can't believe you can be this stupid, really
how many times has someone to say something for you to finally grasp the basics of the situation?

>portable computer
Find a desktop, peripherals, and a suitcase that will fit all of it. Done

Dolch

Attached: product-81291.jpg (750x747, 94K)