Name a worse OS. When people told me it's for babies I thought they just meant it was colorful and shit

name a worse OS. When people told me it's for babies I thought they just meant it was colorful and shit.

this fucking piece of trash is basically a mobile OS, how the FUCK can anyone use this trash

Attached: macoshero.jpg (1200x939, 54K)

Congrats for outing yourself for being a baby. MacOS is known to be great for both toddler as well as pros with shit like shortcuts, hidden menus/options, the terminal and much more.

basically your post proves that you never worked with macos in your life
and yet you come to Jow Forums to shit about it, why?

is it jealously? you know you can just buy a mac or even better, build a hackintosh

What shortcuts?
Refreshing a webpage? Mac OS requires 2 keys while Windows just uses F5. Can't even refresh your desktop or folders.
File management? Mac is just a fucking search bar with absolutely zero file tree management
I bought a MacBook Air and returned it after a week. Bad performance, bad OS, basically a toy

>name a worse OS.
I can't.

Attached: 1550099611262.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

There's more than just refreshing a webpage, dumbass. Also, it makes more sense intuitively to put it behind cmd + r since the r stands for refresh, f5 has literally no meaning.
>zero file tree management
Literally what. You can browse your disk however and where ever you want.
You can't learn a whole OS in less than a week. You're the retard here.

Linux as a desktop OS

This. And Windows as any OS.

>this fucking piece of trash is basically a mobile OS
thistbhfam

Attached: 1559265723462.jpg (1024x768, 232K)

This has to be bait

It's not, meme man.

>name a worse OS
Windows and GNU/Linux.

OP said "worse", not "far superior."

They aren't superior.

NOOOOOOOOOO WHY DIFFERENT OS HAVE DIFFERENT SHORTCUTS AND IM TOO DUMB TO KNOW HOW TO SEE THE TREE VIEW ON FINDER OR TO UNDERSTAND THAT SERIOUS OSES DONT NEED TO UPDATE THE FOLDER SINCE THEY UPDATE AUTOMATICALLY

Attached: CF085ED7-C351-4D5F-B060-AAD9B873DBF4.jpg (647x740, 54K)

You're right. They aren't superior, they're far superior to fagOS.

They aren't far superior at all. Name one thing other than an opinion and muh games.

Having actual security instead of just pretending to have security.

Attached: 1540301662980.webm (964x720, 1.42M)

Memes aren't really a reason. This issue was fixed the very same day that it got discovered, which is rather quick for a security patch. Also this was over two years ago. So, considering this is not an issue anymore, I'll take it that the OS is superior now?

>ipajeet gets utterly btfo
>flat out lies about an exploit left unfixed for months
Does apple at least give you toilet paper to go street shitting or do you have to use your hands to wipe?

For starters, every Windows version ever released (and 10 especially, obviously).

>mobile OS
It's a BSD-based hybrid kernel (XNU) with proprietary bits from NeXT. Meaning that it's a unix-like system that ships with many of the same tools you get on BSD, Lignux, Solaris etc... coupled with a proprietary API and UI framework called Cocoa. OS X is a stable and posix-compliant desktop OS. iOS - which is built on some of the same frameworks - is the mobile OS. How do you confuse the two?

>judging an OS completely by its UI when you probably haven't even tried working on it
Laughable. It's an efficient work environment, and many people enjoy the UI. This is evidenced by the innumerable and popular Mac-alike themes and transformation packs available for Windows, Lignux, and BSD. Why do you think you see so many people sporting global menu bars under various Lignux and BSD DEs? Where do you think the Unity Desktop got its inspiration from? Why do you think hackintoshes are a thing? Aside from this, the core of the OS itself, the things that matter most, make for a far more viable development environment than anything Microsoft has offered in its entire history.

Tldr: You sound like an underage winfaggot trying to shit on an OS that absolutely trounces the one you use as a daily driver. Unless you use a unix-like OS or an actual unix (we'll need to see proof that you do), then get the fuck off this board and go back to /v/, because your blog means nothing and you're a dumb faggot.

back to your designated shitting street ijeet

>an OS for manchildren is gimped and dumbed down garbage
truly shocking

Attached: 1535580863153.jpg (352x264, 22K)

1. Nearly no one used Disk Utility at that time to create a new encrypted APFS volume, and yes it was just the GUI that was incorrectly addressed, with the inputs being mixed up.
2. Actually it was the next week, not same day. The bug was discovered on Sep 27th 2017, the Supplemental Update was pushed on Oct 5th 2017.

Not an argument

And MS employs hundreds of thousands of employees in India, as does AMD, as does Intel. Your OS is shit, and the company who makes your OS is obsolete. They failed in the mobile sector. They have failed in the ultra-lightweight sector (anyone who can afford it buys an XPS over a SurfaceBook), they failed in the PMP sector, and with Windows 10, they have failed in the desktop OS sector (hint: they're moving towards SaaS in every regard they possibly can - as a cash grab - and Win10 is the most bloated and broken mess they have ever released, as even redmond employees have attested to). Hell, they even failed in the browser market and the server market. Why? Because everything they try and sell is shit.

>The OS is the UI
Subliterate nigger detected

macOS is just Unix, it is a solid OS that any advanced user has no issues running. Windows, however, is a legitimately terrible OS with no redeeming qualities.

Winfaggots like to harp on little bugs because it distracts people from the even buggier mess that windows is, and from the fact that fundamentally windows is an absolute trash heap when compared to any unix-like OS. Windows is a dying monopoly and as the rest of the world continues moving toward OSes with open source roots and unix heritage (Lignux, OS X, BSD, Android, QNX etc...) microsoft will bleed out more rapidly.

based

I can't. Even Chrome OS is more useful than macshitOS.

>baby toys work like baby toys
you don't say

Why do you think Unix is a toy?

I use it for work

If not for the MDM bullshit it's relatively comfy

>name a worse OS. When people told me it's for babies I thought they just meant it was colorful and shit.
>this fucking piece of trash is basically a mobile OS, how the FUCK can anyone use this trash

Attached: soi.png (231x218, 8K)

>name a worse OS
Windows

>name a worse OS
I can't.

t. povertyfaggot

>original poster count only increases when other OSes get mocked
>it stays the same for wintoddler posts

Because he's 12 years old and only cares about playing fortnite on the highest FPS possible.

Attached: 1565760339053.jpg (629x800, 52K)

I can't.

It is way worse than Linux OS

Attached: 1553881652169.jpg (918x719, 42K)

fpbp

Attached: 1566405782838.png (713x611, 26K)

Attached: IMG_20190824_123743.jpg (2048x1536, 769K)

But your OS is shit, and the company who makes your OS is obsolete. They failed in the mobile sector. They have failed in the ultra-lightweight sector (anyone who can afford it buys an XPS over a SurfaceBook), they failed in the PMP sector, and with Windows 10, they have failed in the desktop OS sector (hint: they're moving towards SaaS in every regard they possibly can - as a cash grab - and Win10 is the most bloated and broken mess they have ever released, as even redmond employees have attested to). Hell, they even failed in the browser market and the server market. Why? Because everything they try and sell is shit.

OS X is a BSD-based hybrid kernel (XNU) with proprietary bits from NeXT. Meaning that it's a unix-like system that ships with many of the same tools you get on BSD, Lignux, Solaris etc... coupled with a proprietary API and UI framework called Cocoa. OS X is a stable and posix-compliant desktop OS. Further, the core of the OS itself makes for a far more viable development environment than anything Microsoft has offered in its entire history.

Any unix-like system, including OS X, makes your windows faggot telemetry OS look like retarded dogshit. You can do far more on OS X than you can do on windows, thanks to its strong unix heritage. Windows users belong on /v/, not Jow Forums.

>he doesn't know how to use a terminal emulator
go play your video games, child

Interjection.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1548786981519.gif (500x491, 376K)

lol

how will mactoddlers EVER recover?

>name a worse OS
Windows 10
iOS

>iOS
enjoy never getting a job or a girlfriend, non-american

>merge folders
>delete everything
Wooooow

No it doesn't. I use mv all the time.

t. video game playing high schooler

Checked and correct

from what i've heard apples encryption is pretty good. the gov seems to have trouble breaking into ios devices and theres that pedophile cop that wouldn't decrypt is macbook and they still haven't unlocked it to this day.

i haven't used OSX since leopard so maybe it turned to hot garbage in the last decade but it didn't really used to be that bad besides the complete lack of any software support.

you have to use multiple desktops instead of keeping multiple windows on your screen though because of the system bar. actually, come to think of it, it kind of is completely unusable unless you're just using the mac for doing one thing and one thing only

>besides the complete lack of any software support
Such as?

>name a worse OS
iOS

It's a terrible OS. It lacks mainstream and development software support (because realistically, it's a niche OS only used by iToddlers), yet it's also about as locked down and uncustomizable as Windows. And the UI and software is terrible. iToddlers with stockholm syndrome will still defend it, though.

>also about as locked down and uncustomizable as Windows.
That's nonsense. It isn't locked down at all. It is just Unix. Anything you can do on any Unix system you can do on macOS.

All browsers work the worst on macos, there are less games than on Linux, there's less utility software than even on Windows and most of it is paid

>It lacks mainstream and development software support
like?

Then how do I replace the terrible WM? Saying I could theoretically replace it isn't enough, since you can do that on WIndows too. Linux is the only one that isn't locked down in this regard.

>All browsers work the worst on macos
Firefox with system-wide lockedjs works just fine
>there are less games than on Linux
video games are for children, grow up fatass
>there's less utility software than even on Windows
like? as said everything that works on any unix system works on macOS

Don’t use it and fuck off. Sorted

people who use "video games" as an argument when discussing technology should fuck off back to rebbit

you've heard wrong, because there are definitely third party utilities and tools that are not publicly avaliable that can decrypt and read the data off of iphones. if you're looking for the official 30 second buzzfeed ansawer on it, then yeah, you can't decrypt an encrypted iphone, but is that because its the truth, or because that is the marketing material they have been given by apple? The real answer requires knowledge that you literally can't google so you shouldn't expect to find it easily

also a pedophile with an encrypted drive doesn't really sound like the person that would be using the default encryption provided to them by an OEM, do they?

Well, to be honest. Whoever uses that shit?

Windows 10 + Android user master race

MacOS + iOS phones seem like dated, overpriced, overhyped toys with unimpressive features that are 10 years old now. For the price point, the hardware is too old and locked into an extremely tiny segment of software marketshare.

What i have just werks at an affordable price. Wanted to switch for years, but there is no technical, professional, or consumer reason to pay more for less for what has essentially become a vapid status symbol.

Like Starbucks, German cars, and champagne, all it does more than being an old computer is display the users wealth.

exactly, you can't even name a single piece of software that works on osx

how is MacOS the worst? It doesn't fucking force reboot my machine to apply updates and it actually has UNIX/GNU tools, unlike Windows.
Windows is far worse. I consider MacOS to be a middleground between Windows and Linux.

I used it since Leopard all the way up to, I dunno, after they stopped with the cat names at least, though I was already moving towards switching long before then. Over the years changes started adding up to making it less pleasant to use in a way that sort of crept up on me until I just kind of realized one day that I didn't like it very much anymore, and couldn't really put my finger on why. But I think at least part of that is due to getting kind of bloated.

The whole virtual desktops thing you're referring to used to be pretty elegant, but then they changed it and it got merged with this other thing whatever it was called. I didn't like it as much after that. But for me, I kinda liked the system bar thing in combination with the virtual desktops the way it used to work back in, I think Snow Leopard was the best for me. But nowadays it feels like it's been bloated with iOS-stuff and I just feel more at home elsewhere.

>games
How did I know this would be the only specific thing you would mention.
Just the WM? Easily, there are dozens. But I thought you were talking about something as shallow as the GUI. Too bad you couldn't relate your theory of macOS being locked down to anything besides pointless ricing.

I use both Windows 10 + Android and macOS + iOS and the interactions between the latter two is way more convenient than anything Microsoft and Google have attempted.

>but your OS is obsolete
I know your shill script requires you to pivot to Microsoft at any chance possible, but my OS is made by Red Hat and is completely FOSS except for a couple of drivers. Stay mad, advertiser.

Attached: IMG_20190327_114208_174.jpg (1280x853, 272K)

It works with all unix-like tools and comes with a bash shell and all the gnu core utils. Support for development is fantastic, and you can do everything on OS X that you can on lignux. If your complaint is that the unix-like tools on OS X are outdated by default, that is precisely why macports and countless other cli package managers exist. I can run the exact same build scripts I do on OS X as I do on lignux, and I can work with the same tools. This is impossible on versions of windows prior to 10 (cygwin doesn't support everything), and on 10 one must rely on a slow-as-fuck virtual machine (wsl) to get better support for unix/unix-like utilities.

>it lacks mainstream support
Photoshop and ms office run natively on os x, and it supports more modern games than lignux does ta boot. Do you have any clue what you're talking about at all?

ironically the only people i knew who used macs were broke black people and women

I don't see how leisure is irrelevant to technology. A lot of technology either exists to deliver leisure, or has it as an important and major function. Computers are an obvious example.

Windows is pure shit. They know it, too. Hence why they have put so much work into their Linux subsystem. Windows is a toy OS for toy computers, and Microsoft knows the only way it can survive the coming decades is to become more and more like Unix.

Let's start with the fact that there's no way to make a triple touchpad tap to work as middle mouse click, at least the only non-paid option (magicprefs) got broken by apple. There is no proper drag-to-tile functionality. There's no decent file manager available. Clicking on the clock doesn't display a popup calendar. There's no proper taskbar where all windows aren't collapsed under one icon. All the CLI tools are ancient and lack any GNU features. There's no good package manager.

And yet, iToddlers will defend this.

>Windows 10 + Android user master race
this website is 18+
>because there are definitely third party utilities and tools that are not publicly avaliable that can decrypt and read the data off of iPhones
like? do you not understand how encryption works?

>just use macports, and brew, and
Or maybe I could keep using Linux where I don't need 20 package managers all conflicting with each other? Just a thought.

Prove it. Step back from your machine, and take a pic of it running fedora / rhel. Timestamp required.

>It works with all unix-like tools and comes with a bash shell and all the gnu core utils
Literally lol'd, post find --version, iChild

Prove you shit in a toilet iJeet. Oh wait, you can't.

>All the CLI tools are ancient
Only the GPLv3 ones. The same applies to any BSD. GPLv3 is not supported by Apple, so you have to update manually.

You use one package manager on OS X. I prefer lignux too, but the winfaggots in here are retarded.

>Macports and brew don't exist

Why did you suggest macports then? And I don't use windows, stop projecting.

Post it, retard. Or admit macos is a shittier Linux for hipsters who have no idea what they're doing.

>triple touchpad tap to work as middle mouse click
TinkerTool
>There is no proper drag-to-tile functionality.
works fine in 10.15
>There's no decent file manager available
finder works fine, you must be mentally ill
>Clicking on the clock doesn't display a popup calendar.
never heard of clicking on a clock to show my calendar
>here's no proper taskbar where all windows aren't collapsed under one icon
tinkertool
>All the CLI tools are ancient and lack any GNU features.
update them
>There's no good package manager.
brew

but starbucks, champagne, apple devices, and german cars don't display wealth at all, they display that you are upper-working class and are navigating the world with 'common knowledge' that was outdated by the turn of the century

Its been so long that the 'common knowledge' is so common that it is what is being taken advantage of by snake oil salesman and corporations, and we are surrounded by boomers who see the masses getting fleeced with shit german cars, apple watches, and sams club sparkling wine, and think that they are better than you because they figured out 'the secret'

Wincuck detected

>mactoddlers have to install a ton of shitty hacks just to make their toyOS semi-usable
>linux just works right out of the box

>finder works fine, you must be mentally ill
It can't even create a new file. You must love shit for thinking finder is fine.
>never heard of clicking on a clock to show my calendar
Literally every other OS does this, but classic "I don't want a feature" response from an iToddler.

>you use one package manager
>use macports and brew
Apple shills are conflicting with one another.

>Unix is a shittier Linux
The absolute state of zoomers.

Attached: 1557234730232.jpg (367x388, 17K)

>mactoddlers have to install a ton of shitty hacks just to make their toyOS semi-usable
using an application to apply modifications is hardly a "shitty hack". it seems to me that you're unemployed and trying desperately to justify your lack of real world experience

I agree about starbucks and definitely about german cars, but champagne is quite nice every once in a while if you find some proper stuff and not some fake, overcarbonated nonsense.