/spg/ - Smartphone General

S10+ Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: s10_green-back.jpg (992x558, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/cuwxmf/is_anyone_else_having_a_problem_with_their_7_pro/
amazon.com/Moto-G7-Power-Unlocked-Warranty/dp/B07N9KQDVG/ref=sm_n_se_dkp_US_pr_sea_0_0?adId=B07N9KQDVG&creativeASIN=B07N9KQDVG&linkId=76358f94a6cf1ca2841dfd50315cd6bd&tag=zip0c6-20&linkCode=w42&ref-refURL=https://www.frequencycheck.com/models&slotNum=0&imprToken=66cmBCUuRRODGmocCmdmcw&adType=smart&adMode=search&adFormat=grid&impressionTimestamp=1566689651813
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/08/24/apple-iphone-ipad-privacy-siri-recordings-ios-upgrade-iphone-xs-max-xr-update/amp/
aliexpress.com/item/32888267103.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.25c24c4dbp9EKW
youtu.be/wHSLxNBJzcg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/cuwxmf/is_anyone_else_having_a_problem_with_their_7_pro/
>front camera pops up randomly
hahahaha ohohohohoho just fucking LOL at oneplus

Is there any good app that allows me to use custom icon packs without installing a new launcher? If not what is the best launcher out there?

Attached: 1461576392080.jpg (848x848, 239K)

Nova launcher.

Just installed it, seems quite good. Can anyone recommend a minimalist/single color icons pack?

just broke my aging asus zenfone 2, thinking of buying the xiaomi mi 9t, is there any competition at that price range, i would like to know if at that price range or a little higher is there anything else to look for, as i cant find anything that even comes remotely close to the xiaomi at that price.

Attached: f.jpg (160x160, 8K)

I miss replaceable battery's.

I miss bezels.

I miss RGB notification LED.

I miss phones not made of glass.

I miss manufacturers actually innovating and not all copying eachother.

I miss screens that didn't degrade and suffer burn in.

Recommend me a phone pls.

Zenfone 6

Can someone gift me a phone? I'm very poor :^)

Mi 9T or G7 Plus?

WHY ARE THE RINGTONES ON XIAOMI PHONES SUCH DOGSHIT? I JUST WANT A SIMPLE RINGING TONE, NOT THIS HAPPY GAY SHIT.

Set your own, retard. I have mine set to a jazz song.

I don't want to use a song I want a ringing tone.

Is S10+ worth it? I'm legit tempted to get it

Use the law of attraction to manifest whatever phone you desire!

I currently have a OnePlus 6T

You can set any one you like, just look around on the net for some tone that suits you. Of all the things to sperg about

Yes, ov course I'll sperg about it. How could a phone not come with an actual ringtone? It's inexcusable. What clowns decided we don't need our ringtones to ring?

Yes, if you want a proper flagship experience. Just fuck OnePlus chinkshit

These little things are the price you pay for buying a chinee phone.

Fuck off. Don't like it - find the one that you like on Zedge or something. Wow, so fucking hard...

Are there any phones left with a headphone jack and and a square screen without rounded corners? There's only one on the chinkphone list and that's super low end

The Oppo Reno 2Z looks fairly enticing for an Ausfag like myself, apparently it will have 10x optical zoom and a nice "bezel less" Amoled display. The processor is midrange (Hello P90) but that"s to be expected. Has 128gb of storage. Gonna be announced in a few days!

Attached: OPPO-Reno-2Z-design-leak-live-image-1-627x420.jpg.jpg (627x420, 43K)

Time to man up bro

Hardware doesn't mean shit without gcam
Dropped

Might buy a oneplus 5t. My g3 with lineageos is just super unreliable at this point and I need hardware HEVC decoding

Is there a way to record my screen with audio on android?

any reccomendations for an upgrade from a galaxy s8+? The phone has a crack in the top corner but it runs fine, the battery isn't holding as much charge but still lasts me a day. Is it possible to beat this phone?

Attached: 1487199878536.jpg (989x883, 67K)

Just download the Apk then Stockfag.

unlocked Motorola Moto G7 Power 3G ram + 32G

Full running 4G LTE pure android 9.0 stock phone
Runs all the major carriers and MVNOs
4k HD rear camera
Does all the basics well.
Runs all the apps well.
Slick and snappy
3.5mm headphone jack with FM Radio doubles the machine as an oldschool walkman
Big 5000mAmp battery with 3.0amp USB-C lighting connnector charges fast.
Can endure normal use for 3 days without juice.
Fingerprint sensor
Good build quality

On sale for $150 dollars

For a 2019 modern grab and go phone with basic functions running the latest Android, everything it does it does flawlessly. No fancy features or extra bloat. Not the most powerful hardware to run the most extreme apps.

It's affordable. Feels good. Highly reccommended

LG V20, LG G5, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4, Moto G5, Moto E5 Play, Galaxy J7, LG K8, Nokia 1

>lighting
Sorry, It's a TurboPower (TM) wall charger. .

Lighting is Apple. .

Attached: 78f7d23c07df2f4aa9391add2fc41b44-480-80.jpg (480x269, 24K)

V20 has bad ghosting after awhile so if burn in os a concearn look else where. Great phone otherwise.

I have a S9+ G965U Snapdragon, is there anyway to root it?

Good hardware too. Runs games smoothly.
Snapdragon 632 Octacore

FHD selfie cam and 4k HD rear
12mp and 8 mp cameras
RAW output and JPEG
9 hours of charge in 15 minutes through Turbo Charge (TM) 3.0 amp charger
HDR
Motion Gestures that turn on/off the back light and camera.
Optional Dual sim models can accept multiple carriers for intrepid travelers.

It's not comparable to the Galaxy S10 or iPhone X when it comes to latest hardware and features. Does not include 5G. For a standard Android phone. .
At this price point, it's hard to beat.

amazon.com/Moto-G7-Power-Unlocked-Warranty/dp/B07N9KQDVG/ref=sm_n_se_dkp_US_pr_sea_0_0?adId=B07N9KQDVG&creativeASIN=B07N9KQDVG&linkId=76358f94a6cf1ca2841dfd50315cd6bd&tag=zip0c6-20&linkCode=w42&ref-refURL=https://www.frequencycheck.com/models&slotNum=0&imprToken=66cmBCUuRRODGmocCmdmcw&adType=smart&adMode=search&adFormat=grid&impressionTimestamp=1566689651813

Is the A40 decent?

Attached: this is fine.png (241x62, 4K)

Why do people from rich countries buy cheap phones? I thought that all these Samsung A50s are for pajeeets or Russians.

$1000 phones are for good goyim

Shill link

Attached: 1566693836778.jpg (359x277, 60K)

So a black Pixel 3 is only $300 at Best Buy right now

Should I still wait for the Pixel 4 or just get the 3?

A $200 phone gets you 95% of what a $1300 phone gets you, sometimes more if the expensive phone is an iPhone since they're locked down.

Rich people don't stay rich if they waste their money.

The Pixel 4 is gonna cost three times as much. If the Pixel 3 was $500 CAD I'd probably pull the trigger.

20:9 aspect ratio, when will it end?

My Zenfone 6 arrived today what's the best case for it?

Try Motorola. Still ship new phones with headphone jacks.

I can upgrade my phone from Rogers to the following:
>iPhone XR
>Galaxy S10 (+$200 upfront)
>Pixel XL
>Huawei P10
>Huawei P10 Plus
>Galaxy S10 (pre-owned)
>Galaxy S10e (pre-owned)
>iPhone XR (pre-owned)
>Pixel 3 (pre-owned)
>Pixel 3 XL (pre-owned)

Which phone should I get? I have a Galaxy S7 right now. I don't really care what I get. Also I can't afford to buy a phone.

Mi9T

All those phones suck. Why look at a P10 when P20 has come out and P30 just came out? It's like buying an S8 to replace your S7.

Should I get an iPhone or S10?

Attached: 34984e7f225506ffe4088c3565d1b2de.jpg (1080x1350, 247K)

Those are the only phones I can get without paying anything upfront (except for the S10). I don't think I can afford Mi9T

Asus ROG Phone 2

>square screen
I don't think any smartphone has ever had that. Maybe a Nokia brickphone is more your thing.

>Just installed it, seems quite good. Can anyone recommend a minimalist/single color icons pack?
I think Linebit had a white version of their set for single color. Otherwise they're pretty minimal as is.

You should just off yourself you normie.

How do you unlock a region locked phone? I want to import a phone from the UK but use a non-UK SIM on it.

Bro contracts are not cheap, you're paying more than what the mi9T costs already. That's why they're "giving" you a $600 phone.

What's wrong with OnePlus? My OnePlus 6 is great.

Same with every other smartphone: it's chinkshit.

They seem to have a good phone then bad phone then good phone then bad.

Apparently OP6 is bad. Co-worker had to replace the AMOLED screen on his after like 6 months and told me "it's a known hardware flaw on the forums and the only solution is to replace the screen".

I switched from a galaxy s8 to a 1+ 7
fuck Samsung bloat

>Same with every other smartphone: it's chinkshit.
And? So?

Would I be able to use the A70 on Verizon? I'm mainly interested in the A70 only for its fuckhueg battery and the fact that it isn't using an Exynos SOC which means better custom ROM support.

Canadian version should work since it has the right bands for Verizon

Hasn't it been with the galaxy line of late that the snapdragons have virtually no custom rom support because unlocking and rooting etc., has been made so much harder than in the exynos? Also, the pahjeets that do all this shit get the exynos variants.
I thought that the consensus was that the a70 would have shit rom support so you better like it how it comes out of the box.

Country?

iPhone XR or Zenfone 6? Only reply if you don’t have autism please.

For every single phone you see people complain about it being shit. You think there wasn't a reason for that? They're all chinkshit.

>For every single phone you see people complain about it being shit
And again I ask - so what? This doesn't mean anything. Any random idiot can complain and yell "hu hu hu hurr chinkshit chinkshit". You're not even talking about anything.

I'm just answering your original question. I don't care about whether it means anything. And being on /spg/ you should have figured it out on your own anyway.

Buying a phone in the next half hour.

One plus 7 pro or s10+?

S10+

I have the regular S10
It's pretty great

Haha stupid iPhags
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/08/24/apple-iphone-ipad-privacy-siri-recordings-ios-upgrade-iphone-xs-max-xr-update/amp/

Any particular reason to get the s10+ over the OP7Pro?

Currently have an S8 and kinda bored of samsung

What is like actually using all my charge on my phone? Its literally been in my pocket for 6 hours while at work. 5mins I used it for a break and its at 75% from 100%

Attached: Screenshot_20190825-192812_Settings.png (1440x2560, 147K)

This is the "full" usage

Attached: Screenshot_20190825-192931_Settings.png (1440x2560, 180K)

>gcam on helioshit

You're not rich if you can't blow $1000 retard
rich means having millions.

State your phone and if it's rooted or not

Oneplass

>Rooted Axon 7
>Lineage OS 16
Here are some of my magisk modules.
I also replaced the battery about a month ago.

Attached: Screenshot_20190825-195811_Magisk_Manager.png (1440x2560, 268K)

fake battery most likely

You think?
aliexpress.com/item/32888267103.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.25c24c4dbp9EKW

It was this battery, date of battery was about 2017 or something. The battery is a tiny bit better but not heaps

S10+, just get it idiot

Updating from a couple threads back about the s10+ having wifi issues, it seems like the 5ghz wifi band is fucked on the galaxy series or something? But after messing with the router and checking each band it seems to be the case. I don't drop wifi connection when I'm on 2.4ghz but 5ghz will struggle and drop connection intermittently. I'm really hoping that it's just my phone having some sort of defect that I can just exchange it back to the store for but the more I look into it the more widespread it seems to be. Anyone else having issues with this on their s10+'s?

Who needs 5ghz wifi

Either what said or might be a kernel issue, you know phone never sleeping and always running on high hz

Is there any reason not to upgrade from Andoird 8 to 9?

I have a Sharp Aquos Sense 2, Snapdragon 450, 3gb/32gb

Attached: img-display-01-pc.png (1200x700, 367K)

Pie have better battery life on idle than 7 or 8. Redmi note 5 running pie miui could last whole day with 4g / data only.

Quick question:
I'm looking for a slide phone that has a fully featured keyboard so I can write on the go. They used to have an early android phone that had the slide and click but I was wondering if anyone actually makes a phone with a keyboard still.

that shit looks fake as fuck
you can't really buy new original replaceable battery especially from AliExpress

Someone at a repair shop did a hatchet job replacing my moto g4's usb port, managing to fuck up the audio jack so that sound only comes out of one ear when headphones are plugged in.
It's an old phone but it works almost perfectly for everything, so I'd loathe to spend €200+ replacing it when I could spend that on nice headphones or something else more useful than another spyware device. Is my only option to just get the audio jack repaired? Or are there any cheap ass phones / mp3 players with decent storage which are also capable of running a streaming app? I know sub $100 phones exist but I'm worried they might have shit audio, even from headphones

Don't know, after factory resetting my phone and stress testing it a bit it's still having the issue even on 2.4ghz guess I'm gonna have to exchange this and hope it was just a defective unit

You can but it's always spare parts batteries from when the phone was still in production.

It's not like they make enough money from selling you a redmi note 3 battery that they'll make a 2019 dated battery for you. You're buying some battery that sat in storage for 4 years.

Is the Galaxy A40 actually worth getting? I basically only have two dealbreakers in a phone, a headphone jack and a similar physical size to the Samsung S10/S10e but is the SoC on the A40 going to be too shitty for regular use?

I don't really want to spend more money than I have to on a phone because a phone is a tool and not a fashion accessory. I work a physical job and am an outdoorsy person so I'm going to throw the phone in a rugged case and put it through a lot of wear and tear anyways.

How is lineageOS support for on samsung devices?

The s10e is perfect for my needs. However, I want to be able to hack it after the two years of major official updates.

I will be getting the exynos one.

>How is lineageOS support for on samsung devices?
For now, only the S9/S9+ and the Note 9 have gotten usable Lineage OS 16 builds with more development continuing in Telegram groups.
I think the S9+ is a better choice for you. You don't get the hole in your screen.
youtu.be/wHSLxNBJzcg

The S10 just got LineageOS 16 support, don't know if it's official or not but it'll most likely have very few flaws in two years, when Samsung have stopped updating it.

s9 isn't a bad option considering there's some good deals on refurbished ones (automatic 2 year warrenty from retailers in Australia, and actual expected-lifetime-of-product warranty from the government)

What really attracts me to the s10e is the size, I really miss having a one handed phone.