How would you Resurrect the Forum?

What would be your executive orders?

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x909, 87K)

Redirect it to a discord server

I wouldn't bother. Forums are inferior to imageboards for essentially all types of discussions.

Order 1:
All mods are to be referred to as gods.
Order 2:
All mods have the authority to make public any posters IP address, if they so choose, and can ban anyone permanently at sight

I believe these 2 things will help forums live again

>website with threads that get pushed off the board are superior
fuck off retard
if I want to read what someone posted in a certain thread last year I shouldnt get through all kinds of shitty 3rd party archives.

You don't keep a personal archive of the threads you browse or post in?

And yet, here you are.

but i already have user. and i have a few thousand users too.

im a zoomer so i never really grew up on forums, every time i google something and click on a forum link, its always an ordeal
sigs are gay
if it isnt anonymous it isnt worth my time
good riddance forums died
tripfags should be b&

This is patently retarded. Imageboards lack the space for quality in-depth autism that forums encouraged. Everything on chan is temporary and never lasts long.

Threads were always built upon in forums. Especially in game forums, there were decade old threads whose posters were committed to finding a single easter egg based off of a quality autistic theory.

Just make secret boards so forum oldfags can hold congress over the state of the community.
The clash of corclejerking oldies and new blood kills forums. I know a 17 year old forum that is still alive and well. I mean kids posting who weren’t alive when their parents joined type of old. You have to keep young blood joining but can’t let the cliques make the forum intimidating.

Forums are better than ever, now that the normalfags are all gone.

Based & retarded if you think doxxing is going to help

The only thing that resurrected a couple of the dead IRC channels I'm in is a two-way message link from a discord bot. Can't imagine what would cause traditional forums to resurrect

Giving mods complete power is the only way to combat nazi's

and the sured way of imploding the website if you have bronies and trannies for mods

Everyone who signs up would be a mod.

i still frequent forums

they're better than imageboards and shit sites like reddit

>tripfags should be b&
>follows n instathots
>regurgitates YT eceleb opinions on demand
Age of unreason.

thats a whole lot of assumptions you made, fagtron

Sorry you rekt your own argument when you identified as zoomer, user.

I wouldn't bother trying as forums have been a relic of the past for decades now. Any forums that remain are garbage. The culture is long gone.
Let it be.

Forums were shit and I'm glad they're dead

1) semi anonymous posting. track in thread who is who, this is to cut down samfagging cunts, and makes general discussion when the thread/board is applicable makes it easier.
2) when a general pops up, part 1 gets applied cross threads until the person fucks off for a while. generals also get integrated into a mega general post after a certain post number is hit, this would make the threads more inviting to go into while retaining the information
3) No direct image hosting, only off site, this should keep costs down while also allowing people to post images on other sites to refer back to, saving bandwidth needs.
4) No direct registration required, however you can register to have a permanent account with lookup table posting/replies, this does not need to be directly shown that you registered if you don't wish.
5) shadow accounts based on ip. these would allow mods to have a record of people, or at least activity of people from an ip. in the case of a static ip, it would allow the mod to know the person, or in the case of dynamic, not hold prior infringements against the new owner.
6) when you are banned/suspended for reasons like trolling, they leave a visible mark for people to see, this is more for the fact that some threads attract people who shouldn't be listened to, and this would make it more obvious if they should or shouldn't be.
7) the text board hosted in america with some out of country mirrors, this should mean that service never goes down, I would also heavily consider having a off site program that would act as a distributed network for the site so its not killable without killing everyone who has access.

I'd rather not. People's minds have been warped by social media and meme culture. You can't have the same community from 15 something years ago. It's gone.

Finally, a quality fucking post on this shit site. Took this fucking long. Thank you user.

>lots of words, ah, a quality post
go back to your forums

glow brighter for me faggot

>The clash of corclejerking oldies and new blood kills forums.
Nah that was one of the best parts.

As someone who grew up on forums I think you're projecting what you liked about them when you were younger a lot. I've been around and seen a lot of the deaths of forums over the years. Shits crazy. But, what is important is that it is basically what people are saying. With the rise of organized IMing people were just more likely to share what they were doing there in an organized group of members on Skype (earlier) and now Discord.Its just so much faster and more convenient. It became something more formal over the years as time continued on, especially in the creative space which had things like challenges and shit. People would share on Skype/Discord but you'd still get the link to the Forum to vote for the winner or view the megapost to the challenge. I guess maybe because there was an instilled social hierarchy? Regardless there are still forums out there. Probably even one for your own interests if the niche is big enough and start using it. But you wont. Because it's slow, archaic and you'd feel bored. That's why no one else is using them either.

Don't get me wrong. Part of me has a soft spot in my heart too. But it's just not 'fun' anymore

Attached: 1461983569731.jpg (245x205, 6K)

Forums are still around, ltt forums, l1techs, knockout.chat, something awful

Forums are dead. Those that remain are a circlejerk to post count & "seniority." The only thing you should start these days are anonymous imageboards. No tripcode, no name field.