>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. 2400G/3400G may be worth to less likely require a CPU upgrade when adding a dGPU
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>i9-9900k - Only worthwhile with a 2080Ti @ 1080p. Or wait for Threadripper with more cache
>R7 1700 - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660TI / Vega56 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal MSRP is too high
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RX 5700XT - budget option. Upscale with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>Navi AIB models have low availability. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>Beware and report the permaban evading Jow Forums spammer who posts fake benchmarks
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: coffee maker pc case.jpg (3585x2510, 939K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/F92byoMgptU
youtu.be/ke3OnFlOUnI
youtube.com/watch?v=9pj4F8qUBEw
pcpartpicker.com/list/KH28RJ
ebay.com.au/itm/Msi-Amd-Radeon-Rx-5700-Xt-Evoke-Oc-8Gb-Gddr6-Pcie-4-0-Graphics-Card-7680X4320/183929155624
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Friendly reminder that AMD is only for high end users. If you are a poor mainstream user, buy a Celeron.

Attached: intel for normies please buy.png (740x414, 560K)

THREADRIPPER WHEN
I WANT IT SO BAD

Hey guys gonna make a 9700k pc for Fortnite streaming what gpu do you suggest for 1440p/144hz gaming?

BRAND NEW HARDWARE:
inland premium NVMe on gigabyte b360m ds3h (bios f6) with i7-8700 and 8gb (2x4 dual channel ripjaws 2400)

trying to install win 10 pro from usb (microsft media creation tool) and get error code 0x8007025d

tries installing ubuntu and it fails

testing and googling for 2 days now... i see OLD answers in forums, but the SOLVED answers don't work now. - wtf is going on here?

Sometime between October and February

>9700k
>for streaming
lol?
Anyway, you need a 2080Ti for 144fps in that game on ultra settings. Why couldn't you look that up yourself?

Go for r5 2600 or wait for r5 3500?

Its for casual gaming like csgo/dota2/mmos and occasional triple A titles.

That's a fairly large lad, I might have to reconsider where I put my new pc

Attached: 20190824_211518.jpg (3024x4032, 3.78M)

hello guys I wanted to ask you something

if i have a motherboard a320 prime my ryzen 5 3600 and my 2060 will run the AAA games well?

my pc specs are

Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
RTX 2060 GPU
Ram 16 GB 3200
SSD 240 GB O.S
SSD 960 GB App
motherboard Asus prime A320 M-K
Windows 10 pro

So my motherboard Will be fine also i don't want to overclock

Never cheap out a case. you will have an ugly box sitting there for 10 years. just save up and buy a quality NZXT case

I'm biting the bullet and upgrading my GTX 980 to a RTX 2070 Super.
AMD fags talk me out of it and explain why I shouldn't get it.

more importantly, why do you live in a dump? it's bad for your PC. clean up.

yes.

I just upgraded from my 4th gen intel to a R5 2600x
It's just beautiful. If I had the money I'd have gotten the R5 3600x, but only to future-proof myself. the 2600x performs superb for everything I'm doing. I haven't done the 4K testing though since i don't have a 4K monitor.

What if I unironically like the fugly Corsair Carbide Spec-02 case I bought?

Looking for a gpu in the 200-250 USD range. Won't be upgrading for a few years, so which would be the best for 1080p/144 hz on med-low settings? Researching leads to 590 or 1660, but I'm wondering which would be better.

Attached: 1564927439324.jpg (287x285, 11K)

1080p? you shouldn't upgrade at all yet
but if you insist
mid range GPU costing more than $400 MSRP is a waste of money, the tactic here is buy for 400 sell for 200 in 3 year periods
then there is picture quality issue, nobody willing to prove it and I only got my feel for it switching brands regularly
RIS up scaling is actually pretty neat, so if you suddenly do not have money for new GPU you can always use that
then there are current performance metrics which aren't even outside margin of error area for 55% of games if you go graph by graph from different testers
and yeah, massive price difference for nothing
personally I never had a single issue with AMD drivers, even during my 800xt days
that about covers it why I ordered 5700xt pulse.

Attached: 420189d1-6243-4046-a141-3e56cbea471a.jpg (500x591, 80K)

>the intel clowned and punk motherfucker shill is making threads now

Attached: 1560306514056.gif (236x250, 1.47M)

Personally using the rx 570 8gb VRAM - I can suppose what the 590 would be pretty damn good as I love my 570.

Suggestion though: Don't get only 4gig of VRAM, get a 8gig model, it will help you.

I'm still rocking a 2500k. I'd like a bit more performance.
Upgrading to the modern equivalent, the 9600k, would cost me $700AUD + whatever bracket I need to keep using my cooler.
Expected performance increase seems to be about 60% according to benchmarks.
This doesn't seem worth it at all.
Has anyone made a similar upgrade? worth?

>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>i9-9900k - Only worthwhile with a 2080Ti @ 1080p. Or wait for Threadripper with more cache
Shh guys, don't tell them about the 9700K
I'd you weren't streaming, sure, the 9700K is a good bet. But for a streaming system as well, you'd want to weigh up between a 3700X or 3900X (guessing the 3700X is closer to your budget).
9900K also meets your criteria, but for the money the multithreading ability of the Ryzens makes it almost redundant at that price point even with its marginal single threaded advantage.
But yeah, for GPU aim for a 2080, 2080 Super or 2080ti.
1660ti if you can afford it, otherwise maybe a 590. There's definitely pitfalls of buying secondhand cards, but possibly a used Vega or 1070ti may fit the bill.

Have anyone here upgraded from measly 1080p monitor to 34" 1440p ultrawide monitor?
how good is it? is it worth it?

It all depends on what you want out of it. If you can't play/use your games or software because of the performance, upgrade.
If you are OK, don't.

Or upgrade if you like a particular model and think it will be relatively future proof.

Don't waste your money on an unlocked 6 threaded CPU. If you're buying Intel, got as 9700k. At sub i7 prices though, go for a 3600 or cop a saving on a 2600. You'll end up shooting yourself in the foot in the short term by spending good money on a 6 threaded CPU.

But that case is fine right? I liked it when I saw the pictures on newegg, i got the white one cause I wanted the initial eye catching effect. Like "theres my baby, my creation that I applied mediocre effort into building" but I can easily ignore it after seeing the guts everytime I turn it on.

Just got back from vacation, my room is in disarray after sorting through what clothes I was gonna take, gonna organize the rest of my luggage before taking a shower and eating some oats. But for you user, I'll clean up my room first.

best value Z390 motherboard?

Only reason not to get Navi now is because the drivers are a bit beta, just like RTX drivers were beta and had issues for a few months after the 2070 launched.
It's a better architecture, cheaper, and likely to perform even better still after some driver updates.

3600 costs less and is better. 9600k is a joke.
For a cheap upgrade, just get a 1600 or 2600.

You can find 590 for around $185. It's pretty good at that price. 1660 I haven't seen a good sale on, but 230 is too much for it as I've seen 1660ti on sale for 230-250.

What rubbish baseless advice. 9700k has a terrible price to performance ratio compared to the 9600k, and the added threads (but not cores) of the Ryzen won't improve performance much at all.

>3600 costs less and is better. 9600k is a joke.
Adds $100 in motherboard costs

Too expensive. Everything in that tier is too expensive

590 uses too many watts. Either 570/580 or 1660

>What rubbish baseless advice
>if you only look at fps averages and completely ignore Fram times and 1% lows, the 9700k has a terrible price to performance ratio compared to the 9600k, and the added threads (but not cores) of the Ryzen won't improve performance much at all
Go jump in a fire, and take your overpriced 6 threaded CPU with you.
>Adds $100 in motherboard costs
Are you saying the board to run a 9600k is free?

>Adds $100 in motherboard costs
No it doesn't.

Are you trolling or just retarded?

>590 uses too many watts
>recommends another card with the same wattage
lol

You are confused

Attached: power-gaming-average.png (500x1050, 58K)

Ignore poorfags. 980 is shit. Upgrade to 2070s and go 1440p

I think it's time to bite the bullet.

Attached: magnum opus.png (1903x5251, 1.03M)

>Are you trolling or just retarded
IMO i5 apologists who actually advocate their rubbish should be fired from a canon.
youtu.be/F92byoMgptU
youtu.be/ke3OnFlOUnI

Attached: Screenshot_20190825-122940.png (2160x1080, 665K)

factory OC 580s have the same power consumption as the 590, m8. You're simply comparing a reference clock 580 to a high clocked 590.
You can underclock a 590 to 580 performance and it only uses 1060 power consumption, too (around 120W).
You are clueless and unaware that the 590 is actually on a different node. It's just, again, clocked to the limit.

If you can get it for $185 or so, it's not a bad card. Well worth the extra $25 or so over a decent 580 model.
If you can get the 1660 for $200, also a good card.

Would be a better graph if they used 1% minimums instead of averages. Average FPS is a completely meaningless metric.

This doesnt have the 9400f on it

I think its time to upgrade the ol 7950
I've decided on a 2070 super. Gigabyte Windforce is the cheapest and EVGA Ultra is 80 bucks more. Any insights on how the thermals are on these to justify the extra price?

should i play pc building simulator to try and figure out what parts i want?

>Would be a better graph if they used 1% minimums instead of averages
Er, they do. That graph show "cost per frame" in averages and 1% minimums.
The 9400F is the only i5 that even comes close to being a value proposition, but even then the 2600 makes it a hard sell. If the 9400F was closer to $100 I'd have no problem recommending it even with its limited thread count by today's standards.

>Er, they do
Sorry, I take that back.

>2070S
>Gigabyte
>Not buying the 7950's true successor after it lasted you so long
Shameful.
If you must get the 2070S instead of the better card, at least get a good model and not Gigabyte garbage.

No it doesn't. It's cost per frame of the average framerate. Read it yourself. No 1% minimums are there.

You should get it. Nvidia is just better and more supported.
t. AMD fag

>Shameful.
I know but I thought having CUDA locally would be nicer than using google colab all the time
>at least get a good model and not Gigabyte garbage.
can you give me some recommendations? I want good thermals and build quality but not the RGB gamer crud

>Warning! Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Zen 2 CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.
What's this about?

>No it doesn't. It's cost per frame of the average framerate
Yep, I take that back. Interesting to note with just averages the R5 is still better value than the i5 even before we look at 1% minimums presumably advantaging the R5 further.

Is the msi evoke a good 5700 xt? its on special for 600aud right now making it pretty cheap

>Don't use Speccy
botnet now?

>evoke 5700xt
behind the curve compare to the sapphire pulse
youtube.com/watch?v=9pj4F8qUBEw

gigabyte card is good, i just bought it and it never runs over 70 in games.

no lol. theres a gigabyte 2070 super for $760 aud delivered on ebay right now.

Yeah but a lot cheaper too. Seems the evoke only fails due to the easily replacble thermal pads.

and its worth the extra $160?

Gamers Nexus does a tear down video which shows why the Evoke is pretty average as far as custom partner cards go. But for $600au, it's a bargain. Is it in stock?

to me yes. the msi evoke cooler sucks. msi in general are a shitty brand. 5700xt is fine but you need a good cooler like the red devil but those are like ~700 on pccg.

How much is the pulse? Watch the video and make your own judgement

>Worst example of a 2070S
>still priced out of the market
kek

Ahh if you actually use CUDA for work with something that doesn't support OpenCL/AMD, then yeah the 2070S is a good card for that.

>nteresting to note with just averages the R5 is still better value than the i5 even before we look at 1% minimums presumably advantaging the R5 further.
Yes but even when *~my favorite CPU~* wins in averages, I don't care. Averages is still a useless metric. How good the FPS is when looking up at the sky half the time is meaningless.

Mediocre. The VRAM cooling isn't very good. Better than the blower but you can get better from the Pulse. Hell, I think even the challenger is better than the Evoke despite only being a 2 slot card.
600 aud seems like an especially good price if that's with your insane taxes, though. You could get by on it. Maybe there is a cheap thermal pad fix for the VRAM cooling.
>MSI
>brand which makes the Lightning
>is shitty
imagine being this ignorant.

this is australian dollars you fucking retard. they're worth 900-1000 aud.

>msi in general are a shitty brand
>suggests Gigabyte instead
Lmao Sean, go home

Should I buy Ryzen 7 3800X for $360?

>this is australian dollars you fucking retard
No shit you knuckle dragging drongo. Regardless of arbitrary currency it's still adding 126% price for a 105% performance gain.

hey guys I just installed a ryzen 5 3600 on a msi x570 pro-a board with stock cooler but I'm hitting 91 degrees on cinebench. any ideas? I've been reading a lot about 3 series running hot but this seems ridiculous. should I just undervolt til I can get a better cooler or something

but rtx guy

>they're worth 900-1000 AUD
No they aren't. You are just coping with buyer's remorse.

No guide but V277U is nice and affordable for what you get (1440p, 75hz, IPS and I think 4ms response) at around $200.

no get the 3700x

Not even that. The 2070S is less than 5% ahead when comparing to the faster custom cards.

>You're simply comparing a reference clock 580 to a high clocked 590.
No, stock to stock.

>No they aren't. You are just coping with buyer's remorse.
AMD shill detected

>no get the 3700x
3800X is on sale.
3700x is $350.

Damn haha blowers 5700 are already selling for 330 on newegg and amazon. Retailers are already panicking about ams blower backstock

Looks like a grey import. Enjoy getting fucked by MSI warranty once it fails because of shit thermals

Better check that motherboard to see if it can fit 300 pop tarts. I think it will be a tight fit but it should be doable. A good build otherwise.

>down selling specific brand SKUs
>"U must b brand shill hurr"
I'd be manually undervolting for sure. As of now it seems to be general consensus the 3rd gen Ryzens are automatically running a lot more voltage than they need which isn't acceptable in my view, although can be corrected.
Sorry, I'll correct myself
>paying 126% for 60% of the performance
You're really making it a tough sell.

Go back to /o/
In that case, the 3800X makes a lot of sense.

Listen, youre a poorfag, thats why you want an amd gpu anyway. Get the best deal, the evoke runs fine.

How bad are eGPUs? Specifically the Gigabyte 2070

four black dudes are walking towards you in a narrow alleyway bad

Um, really dude? You need too cool it on the racism, m'kay?

Sorry I was just trying to give a scale on how bad it is because my animal brain makes me nervous but as an anti-racist I would keep walking towards them.

Christ yeah I see it has around a -20% drop. To be honest I don’t have much options with access to only a laptop. What other alternative do I have for getting high graphics card performance for gaming?

pcpartpicker.com/list/KH28RJ
What mobo should I buy with this build?

You're quite limited with a laptop. Sounds like you're the target for stadia and those other remote gaming services. Alternatively get a console or just accept you have to live with medium settings.

You don't really state your budget, but for $200ish it's hard to go past either Gigabyte X570 Elite or Asus X570 TUF Gaming. If you want to go cheaper there's always B450 options.

boards in warehouse do not get bios updates automatically, you know

yeah ebay.com.au/itm/Msi-Amd-Radeon-Rx-5700-Xt-Evoke-Oc-8Gb-Gddr6-Pcie-4-0-Graphics-Card-7680X4320/183929155624
PAPA20

Right but needing another CPU to update it? I've always done it with a USB.

buy thermal tape, and replace that goo thermal paste too
it should be fine with proper pads

not all boards support this feature

I bet biostar is behind this

I have an older i5 4690k / GTX 980 build from 2014 and recently bought a 1440p 144hz g sync monitor like a jackass. I wanted to upgrade the i5 to a 3700x but idk what to do about the GPU, I feel trapped with g sync because I'd rather go with an RX 5700XT than a 2070 super..

you are trapped, in good news as freesync 144hz owner I can tell you going 144hz always is better than freesync in my experience
the responsiveness is always there, even at 60fps thats all you want from 144hz, visually they look the same
you can't get money back from overpaying for gsync chip though

3700x is normally $330. Where is it $350?
But yeah I guess for just $10 more, do you even have to ask?

damn they come with the 3 months of xbox game pass too. Too bad I'm too lazy to sell my vega. I'll wait for 5800. No good 4k@120 monitors out yet anyway.

>down selling specific brand SKUs
>"U must b brand shill hurr"
For real. I recommend the 1660 and 1660Ti all the time as long as the price is right. 2080Ti as well if someone simply wants the best and will upgrade each year.

what are eGPUs?

this.

Yikes. Return the monitor. Otherwise, yeah, you're stuck with the 2070 Super and you're going to feel especially shitty when the RX 5800 comes out.

>3700X
>for gaming
>when the 9700K costs the same and is far superior in a huge majority of games

>trusting this guy
>doesnt even know what an egpu is

You're either completely blind or have frame buffering enabled.

The tearing and microstutters are obvious on a 144hz non-sync panel even when you're at 120fps.
You need to run a game at 288fps and use enhanced sync or fast sync to eliminate tearing without using frame buffering without gsync/freesync.

>doesn't know what an enclosure is so you can use any dGPU as an eGPU.

yes, what is your point?

I don't know, I can't see it, I need to focus on one scene to notice visual difference for at least 5-10 mins
I always disable all buffering.

Windows forces triple buffering when you use borderless window (and adds 60ms+ of delay).
So you've probably been playing borderless windowed mode and having no idea you have insane input latency and that's why you don't see the tearing and stutters. lmao.

What do you guys think of my budget second hand build:

Ryzen 5 1400: $50
A320 (Gigabyte or Colorful): $35
2x4gb DDR4-2400: $25
400W PSU: $8
RX 470 4gb (Dataland/Powercolor): $50
128gb SSD: $17
Second hand ATX case: $1

Total: $186 dollars

Should I do this, or do a second hand 2200g build for around $140-150?

Attached: John+Oliver+2019+Garden+Laughs+Comedy+Benefit+fhCjs3w99fwl.jpg (576x600, 51K)