Can someone redpill me on QR codes? I'm trying to integrate one into a weirdly shaped space (triangle)...

Can someone redpill me on QR codes? I'm trying to integrate one into a weirdly shaped space (triangle). It looks like it should be no problem but there's all these different sites that want me to pay monthly to host the code. I don't really care about analytics but being able to change where the code links to later does seem useful. Do I have to use one of these QR code hosting companies or can I do all this stuff myself somehow?

Attached: custom_triangle.png (200x200, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code
en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Reed–Solomon_codes_for_coders
en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Reed–Solomon_codes_for_coders/Additional_information
thonky.com/qr-code-tutorial/
nayuki.io/page/creating-a-qr-code-step-by-step
nayuki.io/page/optimal-text-segmentation-for-qr-codes
nayuki.io/page/reed-solomon-error-correcting-code-decoder
github.com/MrOtherGuy/QRier/blob/master/docs/about.md
youtube.com/watch?v=KA8hDldvfv0
youtube.com/watch?v=w0xVd2xXySo
youtube.com/watch?v=kHTWTyV7VJQ
web.archive.org/web/20190119235949/http://www.fredtrotter.com/2017/11/30/qr-code-links/
research.swtch.com/qart
vecg.cs.ucl.ac.uk/Projects/SmartGeometry/halftone_QR/halftoneQR_sigga13.html
jsfiddle.net/lachlan/r8qWV/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>host the code
that's not how it works, user.
a QR code is like an IRL hyperlink, people trying to make you pay for it are scammers. you can make one link to whatever you want, i.e. goatse.
some basic google work can find you a QR code generator that allows you to generate them without any bullshit subscription or anything.

dude... just draw it with a pencil...
are you stupid or what?

I guess that paid site creates a QR code to their url, which redirects you your content. You can use other tool which will contain just your content.

That's kind of what I figured. I realized for tracking I can just connect it to Google Analytics on my own but how can I change where the code links to at a later date without altering the original code? That's one of the main features these paid sites advertise.

>How can I change where the code links to at a later date without altering the original code?
iunno, bit,ly? goo,gl?

No mobile OS has ever included a QR reader by default, meaning nobody but nerds will ever scan it.
There's a reason this stupid marketing trend fizzled out 10 years ago.
Nobody wants to pull out their phone, scan an ad, and continue to read more about the ad.

>not one
mine does, it's installiated in the camera
curb your autism

>how can I change where the code links to at a later date without altering the original code

>point qr code to self-hosted url
>url redirects to wherever you want
>change where url redirects to whenever you want
>it's still the same url from the same qr code
jfc kids these days

ios has it by default built into the camera, also:

>nobody but nerds will ever scan it.

that's literally fine I'm integrating it as a mechanic in a pen and paper RPG

Yeah I'm realizing that now, I guess I was kinda blind sided at first because I've never used them before and everything that shows up on google is these plans for paying $200 a month to create them, couldn't wrap my head around what they could have that I don't on my own.

Thanks all for the help.

good luck figuring out rest of your setup

I've always been curious about this shit but never paid it much attention. I'm in Asia at the moment so they litter virtually everything. Is that still the case elsewhere?
I've never seen anyone actually stop to scan one.
Is that what the morons that attempted to have people use this thing thought would happen? That people would stop, look at some poster or back of a food packet or whatever, pull out phone, line it up just right and take a picture and wait for some useless shit to be shown to them?
Marketing people and advertisers really are retarded. If it requires a modicum of effort beyond a quick glance people aren't going to bother to do shit.

there isn't anything like triangular QR codes, OP's pic is just the square with dummy triangles
>but there's all these different sites that want me to pay monthly to host the code
wtf? it's just encoding format. you can create it by yourself.
>Do I have to use one of these QR code hosting companies or can I do all this stuff myself somehow?
ofc you can do it by yourself

here is my collection of links about qr codes
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code
>en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Reed–Solomon_codes_for_coders
>en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Reed–Solomon_codes_for_coders/Additional_information
>thonky.com/qr-code-tutorial/
>nayuki.io/page/creating-a-qr-code-step-by-step
>nayuki.io/page/optimal-text-segmentation-for-qr-codes
>nayuki.io/page/reed-solomon-error-correcting-code-decoder
>github.com/MrOtherGuy/QRier/blob/master/docs/about.md
>youtube.com/watch?v=KA8hDldvfv0
>youtube.com/watch?v=w0xVd2xXySo
>youtube.com/watch?v=kHTWTyV7VJQ
>web.archive.org/web/20190119235949/http://www.fredtrotter.com/2017/11/30/qr-code-links/
>research.swtch.com/qart
>vecg.cs.ucl.ac.uk/Projects/SmartGeometry/halftone_QR/halftoneQR_sigga13.html
>jsfiddle.net/lachlan/r8qWV/
although you don't need most of them if you don't plan to write the program from scratch by yourself
just take some commonly used tool, generate a square, rotate it and add the triangles with noise to make it large triangle

Attached: 1566714717560.png (200x200, 33K)

read the thread, fool

Would it be possible to use NFC cards or something like that to achieve the same goal?

Both iOS and Android have QR code reader built into the camera in newer versions

QR codes are both easier to produce and easier to read. You can't just print a NFC chip, and not everything can read NFC chips, but everyone already has a printer and a camera.

re. advertising: I agree, it's pretty stupid. But QR codes are extremely useful for e.g. confirming fingerprints in messenger apps or activating two factor authentication etc.

>Android have QR code reader built into the camera
I have an Android One device (Mi A2), and as far as I know, there's no QR reader functionality in the camera app (there's Google Lens, though).

or sharing your public key desu

>how can I change where the code links to at a later date
You can't. Unless you link to something like "yourwebsite.tld/qr/" then change where your website will redirect it.

Xiaomi camera reads qr.