What is the best job to get?

What is the best job to get?
Sysadmin or Web Dev?

I can choose between these two.

Attached: jackma.jpg (600x400, 31K)

Sysadmin

SysAdmin, definitely.

counterpoint - 80% of my income goes to rent and no matter what decision I make I will never be anything but poor.

what the hell is being poor? Not being millionaire?

>not living with parents and banking your money

Being poor means that you don't have financial freedom to stop selling your labour. It's the difference between a free man, and a wageslave.

Based Jack spending it on the important things in life

Attached: 1566669932124.jpg (1000x562, 74K)

>80% of my income goes to rent and no matter what decision I make I will never be anything but poor
Let's remove the double negatives
>80% of my income goes to rent and regardless of my decisions I will always be poor

I've been poor all my life the only solution is work for yourself if you work for other's your a slave and don't pay taxes

>And don't pay taxes
Do that for too long and you won't have to worry about paying rent either, come to think of it.

Already dying out. No one's seriously hiring.

there's no double negative tryhard

If you have an ugly face like Jack Ma , you Deserve IT!

Web dev you fucking autists
>Easy as shit
>Minimal stress for decent pay
>Your coworkers are normal people who are capable of conversation and showering
>More respected by professionals, sysadmins are essentially janitors

Reddit: The Response

Okay great, ty for sharing.

Sorry for my wrongthink. I was supposed to say sysadmin right?

my coworkers are mostly buzzword-loving faggots who are so clueless about anything beyond the browser and Basededit Code Pro 13.4 that they probably couldn't even install Windows 7 if their life depended on it
I'd kill for some boomers and neckbeards to talk to

t. """"full stack""""" web "dev"

Sysadmin here

>client says that sysadmin is a dying breed and isn't needed anymore
>week after one of his production servers get hacked
>his in-house devs that were supposed to secure the server didn't know how

I just want a good job that pays me good moenies.
Currently working on help desk, what should be my next steps/job?

I started 3 years ago as sysadmin at a small company, then went onto 2 bigger ones jobhopping yearly and now I'm a senior devops engineer, noone understands my job so I'm praised all over the place in projects and get around the highest available salary amongst tech guys.

>I'd kill for some boomers and neckbeards to talk to
>t. """"full stack""""" web "dev"
After 10 years in the sysadmin cave, having to deal with borderline people that fart on their sit, that angrily ramble about Lost on every single meal, and hearing them about some girl that gazed upon their path that one time, or that fatty gothic girl from some site... I swear I'm never coming back, and I truly appreciate a normie environment, with women around in particular, so that people at least behave, out of shame. Being a sysadmin was like working in a uni dorm.
Inb4 women cry. I know

Both entirely depend on where you want to work..
Being a sysadmin in a company that has no understanding that you need to fucking give me a budget to replace your shitty 6 year old laptops that are "slooooow" because you refuse to even allow a fucking upgrade to SSD for like $30 is a way to cause yourself to drink to an early death.

On the other hand, a web developer with "open office, code pairings, daily standups, hourly meetings to talk about how the Indian members are going to be needing your help to understand the "bad commenting and code" is also causing to drink to an early death".

If you wanna be a sysadmin either: go jack of all trades and aim for a small company (that does not expect on call) or else go get a vmware cert or some shit and specialize in that. Also learn how to script shit

pls respond ;_;

I already don't I live in home that the bank's didn't want but the owner's left the country before foreclosure. I technically have a rent contract but I never paid anything for the past 6y.

Describe what you actually do.
Help desk can vary wildly from "I answer a phone, get ylled at that a password is not working then press a button to reset it, fill out a ticket and log my time spent on it. I literally take more time on the ticket than performing the actual password reset" to "I'm the only person here and get a shit load of work from having to deal with configuring routers to printers to password reset"

I need you to tell me if I'm poor then.

I am from Serbia. I earn about 700$ a month. I own 2 houses both of the worth maybe 50.000$ combined but in reality worth nothing because the housing market is dead, I will never need to pay rent.

I own some land and technically I could sell it for about 15.000$. But I prefer to rent it out for about 700$ a year.

I rent my first floor to students and I make about 300$ a month from that.

If I stopped working today, my lifestyle would drop significantly I'd have to eat basic home cooked student type meals, but I'd get by and I'd still have my PC+PS4+Xbox+Switch+Internet for fun for years to come.

So my entire net worth maybe 70.000$ this is money Americans earn in a year doing shit jobs like being a good welder or sysadmin or shit...

Am I poor?

>wageslaves think working a 9-5 for someone else is "free" because they can afford to pay rent and their car loan

hahahahahaha

No family so yes plus gaming will become and is at this point full of propaganda and boring as fuck

But if I had a family and I made 700$ and my wife made nothing and we had a kid I'd be not poor?

Yes you wold have family and that's worth more then you think

So being literally poor with a family is better then being okayish off without one?

You are literally insanely poor I can make 700 working 4h a week if you had family at least you wold have something that here is expensive to have.

>car loan
Never got why people do that. Maybe its my ubringing but I drove a beater until I could buy a car with cash. Fuck going into debt for a depreciating asset.

That was my point. I have 2 houses, I own land.

Yet still because I am in Eastern europe all of that means nothing.

Owning property doesn't make your rich. Living in America does.

I live Italy but your mentality is wrong becouse maybe your to young. When you hit 40 games and internet will be worthless a family won't. Also get a wife with a job/career.

I have a job/career and 700$ is considered really good here.

But the big question is: do you feel you're poor?

My cleaning lady makes 800 but OK find someone that also makes 700 every month and you will probably be able to live a somewhat normal life