How do we help Hong Kong?

How do we help Hong Kong?
China is doing some 1984 dystopian shit ('street lamps' that actually have cameras, surveillance shit, etc) so I think we should give advice to the protesters on how to stop themselves from being identified/be ultra private

pic is the compoenents of ''smart lampposts''; which were manufactured by a company which built china's massive surveillance networks

Attached: xitler.jpg (960x679, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1221770/hong-kong-raising-spoilt-generation-only-out-themselves-academic
youtu.be/wcy8uLjRHPM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

chinks are doing nothing wrong
bless them

Get the british to buy them again

Omg who cares?

Hong Kong is Reddit tier

I hope they all kill each other. The only good chink is a dead chink.

Their English is worse than the mainland chinks

pull those street lamps down physically
i am hong kong

This shit is actually conformed.

Tiananmen^2 soon

Attached: 1556641830179.jpg (1224x907, 366K)

So is the Hong Kong going to export the dude to Taiwan for the trial for murder of her girlfriend or is this glow in the dark shit going to continue?

HK is lost. Weather its now, or slowly and then full stop in 28 years, its over. Focus on Taiwan.

We, the British, should never have ceded Hong Kong back to the mainland. Any contract we may have had with them was made void the very moment they decided to become a communist dictatorship. Dictators are not legitimate leaders, and do not possess the authority to negotiate on behalf of their subjects. Our contract was with the people of China, and so the land should have been given back to them. They should’ve either been made a fully autonomous state, with NATO guaranteed independence, or remained a British territory. I know China would’ve taken this as an act of aggression, but dictators don’t get to complain about acts of aggression when their very job is to commit acts of aggression against their entire populace.

TLDR; we help the Hong Kong people by bringing down the mainland government.

Shut the fuck up retard. Maybe keep your dirty Anglo hands away from other people's lands next time and this shit wouldn't happen.

Yes, goy- I mean guys. There needs to be a (((democraty))) in Hong Kong.

>How do we help Hong Kong?

Attached: eight_col_bravocolor1.jpg (720x450, 32K)

Glow in the dark wumao

Attached: 1538773391781.jpg (800x764, 254K)

Actually, I've changed my mind. We should just nuke them, like the other guy said. Nuke all of China. Japan might get a little irradiated, but that's basically a tradition there, so they'll be fine.

Over british rule we gave them everything they're fighting the chinese to protect. A fair legal system (this is SERIOUSLY underrated in colonies/third world countries, for real), modernisation, human rights, and so on.
sure they were a colony, but they were well treated.

correct, if we'd never have owned it, it would have been a commie shithole like the rest of china, with millions dead.

Better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all?

You want to help HK? Hacktivism. HKers are more likely to learn English than others in China, but still getting info to them in Chinese is helpful if possible.

There's lots that can be done. First is not to let the world forget about it ( or shit like their concentration camps out west) as Beijing is hoping the news cycle moves on and they can really fuck things over when fewer eyes are upon them. They may do it anyway but their astroturfing insistent that it's evil terrorists protesting is easier without the civilized world calling bullshit.

Help the protestors by getting them assets they need. Info about things like OPs picture for instance, ideally how to disable the tracking bullshit or nullify it without bashing the whole lightpost thing ( which the Chinese govt will say is violent evil terrorist behavior) if possible. Provide digital assets for anonymity , run TOR relays, help with set-up of ways they can communicate vwith each other and the outside world etc. Encrypted, open source, federated , etc...meshnet alternatives too

There is more that can be done depending on your level of interest, if you speak the language etc...but just about anyone can help somehow.

They really need EMP bombs but no doubt this thread will now be flagged by spy agencies.

I'd imagine the chink ones, but they can't hurt you right? I mean everyone says the chinks cant get us because they are a world away right?

>British Empire civilised the three quarters of the planet

We don't have any global reach or respect anymore so we'll sell the Kongians more umbrellas and we'll whinge in the full knowledge we will be ignored or made a scapegoat by the Chinese for stirring up anti government sentiment. The world's going to shit so the best thing we can do is see Brexit through and go introvert whilst the rest of the planet fucks itself. Hey, when global warming heats up, you're all fucked anyway whilst the UK will have lovely weather. When the rest of the world screams out for help from us Brits will say "no". As for the bottom hurt French person who I am replying to; who have you ever colonised? Canada! A few African states! Vietnam! Didn't work out too well for you chaps did it.

You do know that ideas like Brexit is one reason why you don't have as much respect in the world? Isolationism isn't a good idea and is virtually impossible especially considering you're not in the Victorian age anymore where your tiny island is supported by huge colonial interests. Brexit itself was a major lie sold to the public and has only gotten worse since, barrelling to the crap storm that is a "no deal" brexit withy your own blonde buffoon at the helm.

Just nullify the damn thing and stay as part of the EU if you want hopes of trying to salvage this shitshow.

Brexit and Trump only benefited one place, guess which one?

Attached: 1551444794869.jpg (970x1024, 214K)

You put you on their list. If you ever have dealings with Chinese citizens they or people close to them get threatened by the state about you. Their influential reach is growing rapidly.

Attached: 1566026909725.jpg (490x501, 44K)

*They put you on their list.*

Post glows.Usa will be balkanized soon bob.

People from Hong Kong have clearly never lived under a western democratic country or else they would see what a joke democracy is.

Why should I care?

Brexit has fuck all to do with how us Brits are disrespected by the rest of the world. Other nations haved dissed us since we mortgaged the Empire in the 40's to save the rest of the world from tyranny and fascism. Now we harp on whilst everyone ignores us. We have no more soft power left and no influence so why bother, leave you French and Germans to fuck things up like you did with Ukraine and Russia. I personally did not vote for Brexit but 52% did, we're a democracy and so we go with the majority.

Did 52% vote for a no-deal brexit though?
I still think we should leave the EU, but not like this.

Brexit - especially given what we've learned about the manipulation of people and outright lies (ie the damn bus) told - lowers Britain in the eyes of the world to see what used to be such a preeminent power get sold to lying, fearmongering rubes.

Hell, I'm American - I know what its like! People look at Brexit and all of its main champions from UKIP to Nigel Farage to now PM Johnson poofy hair facist-friendly, and see the same level of stupid that you and others rightly look at the US and the entire Trump/GOP fucktardary. Its not surprise that the same lying manipulators are behind Brexit as were behind Trump's rise, and the rise of right wing isolationist nationalism in Europe (ie Bannon and the like). All fostered by a douche Russian gov't that wants to fuck over the West because of old butthurt, who are laughing from the sidelines.

The biggest thing searched after the Brexit vote is "What is Brexit?" and things like the Bus (We give 350M GBP to EU hurrdurr) scammed people into voting for something they didn't understand. Even if you accepted that should be valid, most in the UK seemed to think they could have all the benefits of the EU and none of the responsibilities and the EU is righfully not having any of that. Nobody voted for the disaster of the "no deaL" Brexit, and that's whats coming up - while the PM isn't worried about it at all - HIS lifestyle is assured afterall, no matter what happens to the peasants. At very least, there should be another vote about the current state of things - I bet that many in the UK see what an utter clusterfuck it has been and would not vote for Brexit knowing the reality of it. Its okay to revisit an idea especially when there are major changes between "Hypothetical idea dreamscape" and "ass-ramming reality".

nuke china

'we want to save the people under china's rule, so let's nuke china therefore killing the people under china's rule'

scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1221770/hong-kong-raising-spoilt-generation-only-out-themselves-academic

>article from 2013
>Annis Fung, associate professor in the department of applied social studies, said Hong Kong children rated themselves a lot more highly than youngsters in the West - to an extent that some are at risk of developing disorders that could turn them into violent offenders.

What information could we give them OP?
They are really out there doing it and are so far being led by pretty capable organizers. I think theyre probably more ahead of the game than you are.

>we want to save the people under china's rule
Wrong. We just want to get rid of all the chinks.

>South China Morning Post

Original Newscorp owned, now Alibaba. Has always been pro-corporate and pro-mainland gov't, a gov't mouthpiece. Critical writers have been let go, editors are part of Chinese gov't industry groups etc.

Their current page basically is just all about how the evil protestors are hateful, violent separatists who are killing police who DINDUNUFFIN.

I mean advice on how to hide themselves from the Chinese surveillance systems.

We can try to make them aware of TOR, legit VPN providers, and software that will help their plight. Some may be able to volunteer their assets (ie running a TOR node, setting up Nextcloud services for them to use etc) if they have the know how and awareness of the risks. We can point them to open source and encrypted tools, federated social media (Fediverse stuff) , self-hosted services, local meshnet software, and other alternatives that won't be so easy for the gov't to block.

Furthermore, we can try and make them aware of counter-surveillance and OPSEC as needed. They may have a lot of better understanding than we do - ie That particular bluetooth module in the "lamppost" is made in China for Chinese uses, so they may be in a better place to break down how it works, but the community could also help in investigating, spoofing, or otherwise deactivating these elements silently.

PR is a major issue and keeping the eyes of the world on HK is important - as soon as they're gone, they'll either reintroduce the bill that started this all, move in the military they've been massing in a neighboring city, or try to track down and gulag the organizers of the opposition.

don't buy chink tech.

>t. ((( )))

An issue with running a TOR node would be the fact that a lot of illegal shit would run through it. The Chinese government can use it as a PR move (HK using TOR nods have child p_orn running through it, terrorist shit,etc) assuming they get caught anyway.

A VPN would be a much better option however man in the middle attacks would be common place.

They have anti-surveillance camera tech like face paint, special sun glasses.

A really good move would be to track the triads when they leave. If they return to mainland china anytime before 6 months we can have good proof that the PRC was behind the attacks (even though we know its them, but now it would be further proof to the world)

thinking that china is bad is peak-liberalism. american police officers shoot and kill people every day but americans like to think they're perfect and ignore inconvenient truths.

>thinking that china is bad is peak-liberalism. american police officers shoot and kill people every day but americans like to think they're perfect and ignore inconvenient truths.
A chink using whatbaoutism, how new...

Attached: 1553529897990.jpg (1038x634, 263K)

>running TOR relay
Is there a way to do this without getting in trouble for what people are looking at?

Running an exit node always has greater risk, but you can run a standard in-network node to contribute to the network but not be visible from outside . You're still making it faster, harder to block, and perhaps lower latency depending on your location.

VPNs are a good idea especially in this case, but they should still stick to those that offer exclusive hardware VPNs (ie not using some hoster etc). I believe ProtonVPN, Mullvad, and CryptoStorm all have options to allow you to ONLY use VPN nodes that are under their direct control and/or to allow layered VPN or TOR + VPN. This will cut down on MitM attacks significantly, but of course the users in HK have to use reputable VPN services at all (the list in PrivacyTools.io is a good place to start but not all of them are equal). Using OpenVPN and/or WireGuard are good options.

That anti-surveillance wearable stuff is good, but except for the very few items that are basically invisible to humans (ie look like regular hipster glasses etc), ther're easy to spot by law enforcement manually. You see some guy with his face painted in black and white block patterns, you're going to focus upon him. It isn't something easily donned at a moment's notice either. Not that it isn't worth doing, but for China and elsewhere in the world we need better "normal looking" facial recognition blockers.

Triad idea is always good. I assume they're working in partnership with Beijing, but there's a lot of damage that can be done by cops out of uniform, regular people, or other agent provocateurs.

youtu.be/wcy8uLjRHPM

The clip is from the excellent Charlie Brookers Newswipe (the same bloke who wrote the Dark Mirror series and contributed to CV&G).

And it's worked.

XINNIE THE POO

Attached: chinkster.jpg (528x723, 78K)

>Its okay to revisit an idea
This isn't the Guardian's comments section, you don't need to bring that disingenuous shite here. I expect most people had enough of it back when "The People's Vote" was in vogue and their director would squirm every time he was asked "What should be the options on the ballot?". He and you know fine-well MPs would never present a selection between various routes out of the EU. It would be no-deal and remain, or ideally, the withdrawal agreement and remain. Because they want to remain. Which is why they've forced this situation. Three chances they had to pass the WA. With a side order of ballots on what the government should have been negotiating towards. Fuck them and fuck you for being a useful idiot.
You can also fuck off with that bus obsession. It's sad that we're three years gone and you're still upset that someone added up our gross contributions and stuck it on the side of a bus. What's worse is that you think anyone who voted on that premise even cared about the exact figure. Like if it said "150 million" the public would turn around and say "As long as it isn't a penny more, I can live with that".

>Lets interfere in another country's domestic issues
When will burgers fucking learn?

Not much you can do.

I've seen contractors inland the whole infrastructure is routed back to state owned servers before it exits the country.

That means you need either SAT in or a P2P from another country setup by you alone.
All of the vpns are state owned also so you have to purchase something western based.

They don't target normal users because they need to allow people to assume vpns are safe so when high profile protesters or CCP defectants step out of line they can be taken away by secret police just like journalists.

Good luck to HK but I suggest they leave to taiwan/malaysia/japan/korea.

Have you seen hypernormalisation?
While I think it fell afoul of that which it was trying to rail against, some of the ideas presented were interesting.

The UK is the absolute laughing stock of the planet, behind the US,over your retarded brexit crisis.

Not him and I agree that remain should have gone for a compromise instead of trying to force a people's vote.
But do you really think a no-deal is what the majority of UK citizens even want?
Putting aside the misdemenours of both campaigns for a moment, and yes, the remain campaign did some dodgy deals too, is no-deal the best thing for the country at the moment?

There should be a referendum about this. Remain can't be an option since we voted to leave, but equally we can't just ignore those who don't want uncertainty in their lives and would delay Brexit if it meant an orderly withdrawl.