Does anybody else feel wrong about programming """""industry""""""?

Does anybody else feel wrong about programming """""industry""""""?

I mean all these bottom feeding gay companies, started by clueless people with IQ of room temperature who think they are next mark zuckerberg, and all these shitty software engineers who just wanted a safe career path but actually are just office clerks?

It was never supposed to be like this it feels like. Software was fun and free, but then it was commoditized by brainlets like bill gates and conmen like steve jobs and made into a huge bubble with the help of brainlets who are attracted by a mystery cat in the box.

Attached: 1564220234119.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RJtp6KAoph8?t=17
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I work at my job. In rooms full of managers, sales, and "idea" people, I'm one of the few actually delivering on quality solutions and quickly.

You might do nothing, but I sure will continue to enjoy my career.

software is a tool to achieve a purpose, nobody is stopping you as treating it as an autistic playground if you want to so what are you complaining about

If anything programmers are overpaid and I don't even usually sympathize with porkies.

You will probably not understand what I’m saying, but you are just a gear in a system that is neither beneficial nor intellectual anymore. You are doing the work similar to an office clerk and can be replaced/automated at all times. The CRUD app you are working on is worthless but if it succeeds financially it will further contribute to jailing of users, redirection of capital to your idiot bosses and alienation of people from each other (slutty women, loneliness, skyrocket suicide rates and forming serfdom are all symptoms of this problem

if you want to be a communist you can move to north korea

The fact that you think Bill Gates is a brainlet and that software used to be free and fun before he came along makes me think you’re 15-years-old and retarded.

I’m all for the capitalism as envisioned in our constitution, but modern day society caused by software is indentured servitude, with little social mobility possible (whereas a huge lie is that we can achieve anything is shilled hard) (just redirect it into working for zukerbergs zaibatsu)

>modern day society caused by software is indentured servitude
yeah, you must be 15 years old like the other guy said
this society existed before software
it was the same before except we used paper instead of computers

Bill gates is a brainlet. Look up his code, it’s pure garbage. He exploited other people and only a criminally stupid or greedy person would force a business that is literally stealing other people’s hard work and selling it at 25x markup

Society is different, your each move is monitored, rallies and revolutions are impossible as all communication is aggregated, correlated and analyzed in the internet as opposed to in person communities which were inherently hard to track.

Furthermore, any idea can be sugarcoated and subliminally injected into public domain by the said internet.
It is unironically real life 1984 machine. The checks and balances of democracy are destroyed, and all secrets of legislative and justice branches are governed absolutely by executive branch of the government (glowniggers), which is a path to serfdom.

I agree

>Furthermore, any idea can be sugarcoated and subliminally injected into public domain by the said internet.
You're a fucking moron, they did that with TV before the Internet

I agree strongly with this post.
The real brainlet here is (you) if you think memes aren't more effective than TV

can't believe i got into it for those pursuit of knowledge reasons lol

It was literally another domain, separate from your communication with society. Now it’s implanted and mixed into the very texture of our society, directly setting role models and scapegoats.

Remember, Pandora doesn't go back into the box

They aren't. Media completely controlled by the elite was MUCH more effective at brainwashing people. The Internet is an open platform where anyone can say anything to each other so it's alot harder. Fucking zoomers born in 1995 thinking they understand the world

I mean when the NSA has tools that can defeat forensic tools, you just kinda feel small.
I was watching a video about Killsuit and the damn thing would clear the scans they ran on it and prevented them from accessing core functions and shit.
I just feel small please hold me

Back when their was no TV though I'd say Newspaper were far more effective than TV ever was, you actually had to catch someone watching TV to program them, almost everyone read the fucking Newspaper back then

The problem is now that smartphones have taken social media to be what most people now spend their free time staring at manicured fake photos and ridding themselves of their last few brain cells, they also come up with "ideas" like "it's X but with y" like "it's Instagram, but just for gym photos " and other stupid ideas, but they don't want to be The nerd who builds the thing, they want to be the Steve Jobs advertising it and making money because they have ideas.
What they don't realise is that someone else has probably already had all your ideas and you're not going to build a startup based on your shitty ideas and people don't want to work for free, particularly not programmers who these same people tell "of its not that hard, it's just like Facebook, just make it look like that." Completely disregarding how complex something like that is because it looks so simple

Everyone watched TV before the Internet, people would sit in front of it vegetating for hours, the average person watched several hours of TV a day and everyone watched the daily news

That's why I work at a large and traditional multinational company.

Yes but prior how did they keep people under control? the fucking Radio and Newspapers and they stayed effective till about the early 2000s

>post from Kanye west gets 100000 retweets
>your post where you argue that women perhaps were better off in traditional society gets you suspended because twitter after all is just a company and can set their rules

TV was an Orwell propaganda machine, the internet is a Huxley propaganda machine.

What do you mean? First it was newspaper, then radio, then TV. The internet liberated media from the elite. Now they have to resort to misinformation campaigns to try and sway peoples opinions instead of just telling you exactly what to like and think through state-controlled media

>The internet liberated media from the elite
You're getting it
>Now they have to resort to misinformation campaigns to try and sway peoples opinions
good so far
> just telling you exactly what to like and think through state-controlled media
exactly
Think about how much control has been held until the internet came around and the internet has started to backfire on the people who thought they could harness it for their own political and social gains.
It's really quite the phenomenon

the internet wasn't conceived as a propaganda or media tool

It wasn't but it sure is being used that way

You are a literal gorilla monkey. The internet took the control in a way you describe when there are 4,5 nerds using it (think pre-00 usenet, IRCs). Now purely coincidentally all the traffic is bottlenecks into Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, like 99.999999999 percent of all communication occurs there. The degree of control is the same.

But what makes it worse is:
People think they are in control
People are extremely more alienated from each other, as they are more engaged because they feel in control

Therefore, the elites (political and economical) will only get richer, while poor people will stay miserable and entertained

>incoherent rambling

The internet is so gay.
Most of the development in the 21st century has gone toward the internet.
Hundreds of billions of dollars invested for stupid websites connected via a series of tubes.
We don't have flying cars, we don't have hoverboards, we don't have jetpacks...
If it wasn't the internet maybe it'd be like interactive tv, same shit.
I read somewhere that civilizations stagnate when they're not in an all out war so we're stuck in this rut.

Yet you perfectly understand me, and the next time when you think about it and feel powerless and alone you will admit it is true.

>We don't have flying cars, we don't have hoverboards, we don't have jetpacks.
we do, they're just useless

I mean war is the mother of invention and that isn't a lie and it explains why we "Had to go to war in the middle east" and honestly without the middle east as a testing bed I wonder if the NSA would even exist

I dont feel powerless and alone because people use Facebook
that sounds like a you problem

War with the middle east weakened the USA in nearly every way possible

Oh absolutely, 100 percent agree.

>while poor people will stay miserable and entertained
This statement isn't wrong for the vast majority but I think there's gonna be some of us that stand up and say fuck you enough is enough

words the op uses
> bottom
>gay
>shitty
>bubble
Looks like op is repressed homosexual
just come out, bro
fling the doors of the closet wide open and say
"me and my friends fiddled with each others cocks when we were 12 and now I like big hairy man cock

>We don't have flying cars, we don't have hoverboards, we don't have jetpacks...
At least we have this youtu.be/RJtp6KAoph8?t=17

I doubt it. Again people feel totally in control, and who can identify an enemy already have enough compromat stored on them enough for complete character assassination.

Also coincidentally the only communication relevant medium (the social part of the internet) can shut you down in a matter of microseconds.

Oh, so you just realized capitalism?

I'm pretty sure the rules state you have to be above the age of 18 to post here. I mean, I get that you're just becoming aware of your surroundings, but come on man.

Who cares if his code is trash if he was writing it 35 years before everyone else? You're fucking stupid for looking at his code and comparing it to today's standards. Brainlet ass nigga.