1TB for just over 100 euros

>1TB for just over 100 euros
will the prices keep falling?

Attached: 1560639564377.jpg (2160x1252, 396K)

you can get them for free from weee bins

what?

who give a shit, hoarding data on SSDs is retarded, just need 512gb for OS and some shit, if you hoard just put together a storage server and use HDs like a man

Try editing RAW 4K with only 512
You can edit a whole 20 minutes with that

what are you even editing 4k footage for
not shit talking, but Im always seeing people here talking about video editing, encoding and 4k and Im trying to figure out what that even goes towards

>1TB of RAM for 100 euros
where??

>RAM

Attached: 1531337237214.jpg (384x384, 36K)

then you obviously need a regular hdd
but you knew that and i responded, so heres your (you)

Attached: 1560958230819.jpg (799x799, 22K)

Their youtube channels with 500 subs.

>trying to figure out what that even goes towards
>what is having more detail contained in your final export (2k, 1080p, etc)
>what is having more screen real estate to play around in for cropping and zooming during post
>gallows for detailed color grading
Point is, you always shoot and edit at a res higher than what you export at.

Where do you live? I can get these for like 90 Euros

>what are proxies

upscaling anime

>kingston ssd
LMAO

I've been looking into downsizing from 2.5" lately. Is 2tb of WD Blue worth it at 230$? Or should I stay in line and get 1tb of samsung 970 for 160$?

you can get them for free from weee bins
...what?

*whirrrrrrrr*

>why do people do something I don't do?

yes I was curious so I asked
makes sense, thanks

Attached: weeelie-tech-bin2.jpg (500x500, 27K)

Intel 660p 2tb m.2 is 185usd right now. Is this a reliable drive if games are the heaviest load I'll realistically encounter?

RAM with a permanent data holding extension. What is your problem, uggo?

>RAM with a permanent data holding extension.
are you this retarded? the kind of flash memory on RAM is wayyyyy faster than any SSD

Tf is this thing

>will the prices keep falling?
yes, china is about to enter the market in a big way leading to another 75% fall

based china

Get out boomer

yes. it's fine for the majority of users.

It's still flash memory, just faster. L1 is even more faster, you still don't put sticks of it in your rig.

>It's still flash memory, just faster.

RAM has bandwidth.

>just need 512gb for OS and some shit
I remember when you fags said the same exact shit about 64GB

what do you edit user? I'd like to get into amateur film making some day but I have no friends and doing stuff alone is sad.

>amateur film making
then don't worry about RAW footage for now, and learn film making instead

I'm still curious as to what you edit. I'm not trying to be a dick, but people always come on Jow Forums whining about linux and OSS alternatives and state the Adobe suite as to why they cant switch. Not saying that's you, I'm just curious about what people make is all.

Attached: latest.png (400x400, 212K)

that's just a fact of like, there are no OSS alternatives for davinci resolve of after effects / premier. when someone on here mentions this fact, all of Jow Forums gets triggered as if an OS has to be suitable for everyone.

>mfw still using a 128gb crucial m4 from 2011

Attached: 1509250539826.png (400x400, 185K)

There are a lot of drives on the market now using Toshiba BiCS NAND thats falling in price. Its an absolute blessing. My laptop has a 2.5" drive in it, but I have an open M.2 slot as well. I can't wait to throw a cheap 2TB drive in there.

Are NVMs a meme or are they actually worth it?

Attached: 6411477.jpg (300x300, 13K)

NVMe performance is generally only noticeably better is very short and bursty read/writes, which as it happens your computer does most of the time. In any sustained read/write they're not drastically better than SATA drives, when it comes down to it it seems like there may be some limitation inherent with NAND cell structure which is capping performance in other more intense metrics.

stop being poor

Meh, think i'll stick with my 500gb ssd for now.

they are a meme unless you have the lastest processors
like this one said

Also
Wedding photographers, Event planners, Marketing, Indie(and non-indie) film makers. Media is all around us.

what do you recommend to someone who needs to move from ssd to m.2 for space reasons? I just need to not lose performance compared to what i have now

Those cheaper SSDs (those with Q) have much worse durability, as well as slow speed. The only upside is no disk spinning so it is safe for notebooks.

the one in OP is TLC

I'm just curious as to what people are making is all.

Well I've never seen one of these so...

You know damn well they're not making anything and just need to feel like their time in garrys mod was worth something.

wtf do you wanna know you faggot? you want me to dox myself telling you about my work and clients or something? are you retarded?

Ram is not the same as flash memory, user. I'd suggest looking up what the name RAM means.

I dunno. Do you edit movies or ads or something? I'm not really asking for specifics.

reminder that the m2 form factor sucks
your drives will be 1 million degrees centigrade, sata or nvme

They're not making anything, it's gamer winbabbies attempting to justify their choice of operating system. Same with how everyone on Jow Forums pretends to be an embedded developer so they can justify using C.

true, but we're at a point where you're only paying slightly more for NVME compared to SATA anyway, so you might as well just get the NVME drive anyway even if the performance boost is only slight.

It's literally flash. There's even nonvolatile RAM if you can afford it.

Surprised it lasted that long. SSDs before 2015 were a bad idea and gamers basically paid to beta-test the real deal.
But hey, if it works that's good.

what fucking codec are you using? 4k60 uses 1TB/h usually. thats dci as well. of course if youre shooting 4444 or something but thats impractical for almost all peoples

>mfw picked up a 480gb mlc PNY drive in 2015 for $160
>still boot off it
>found an sx8200 2tb for the same price

Attached: steve.jpg (1073x1041, 190K)

based schitzoposter

That was back in the windows 7 days, you need 500GB to just install bloat 10.

I have a 128GB OCZ Vertex from... I want to say 2010. Still works, I stuck it in my laptop. Not like a T500 needs anything faster anyway.

The damn thing cost me over $200 back then, anyway, might as well get my money's worth.

get 512 for the minimum I guess, 1TB would be better for longer future proof

and if possible get the one with heatsink too

>PNY
Imagine sitting on one of their time bombs and admitting it.

RAM responds to instructions 100,000x faster than a SSD can

>editing 4K RAW off HDD
I'd rather kill myself.
DVR is on Linux tho.

>buying non Samsung SSDs

Is it better to have e.g. 2x 500GB drives than 1x 1TB?

No, higher the drive capacity, higher the endurance. Get the

Just go to fucking wikipedia, look up dram, sram and flash and then come back.

Attached: 1505713967979.gif (125x125, 13K)

low capacity shills got to him no

Sshh, NEETs don't know about work and work related activities

He isn't. RAW. As in sensor -> storage.

is this an american or a britan thing? Either way I can't imagine someone retarded enough to throw away non broken components or without destroying them

>1tb on a stick of wrigley's gum
impressive

I'm a Wedding Photog. I generally do avg of two weddings a week.

I'll use up around 100-128GB of USH-II SD space per day
Add on about 32-64gb of video footage, it adds up.

So Average it to 150GB per wedding. I have the photos mirrored onto two 8TB drives, and stored on my NAS with a temp copy made to my scratch/cache disk so I can speed up processing.

It is crippling in terms of storage. I'd have much more space if I were to delete the unused photos. No idea why I don't, maybe it is an element of data hoarding.

Literally everything about that entire design screams "British".