Did CS degree

>Did CS degree
>Stuck doing web-app shit at a big company and I hate it.

Give me unironical career advice, Jow Forums. I want to make a lot of money somehow using my degree. Tell me what to study and what field to get into and how to do it, because I'm getting old now and I have nothing to show for it

Attached: 1433170768108.png (601x695, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sacred-texts.com/oto/engccxx.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

consume the blackpill user, youre fucked.
best way to deal with it now is to off yourself.

you can't
just give up

When I quit my first job, all the offers I got was for webshit dev though i rejected a few for 5 months I eventually took the black pill.

What's wrong with web app shit? Seems like the most stable future developer position

It's not well paid

it's boring and unfulfilling

What do you *want* to do?

Idk is the "full stack" meme essentially web app shit? I don't even like in a tech hub and I see six figure job postings all the time

Something CS related that can result in me making a lot of money. I enjoy programming and comp sci, but I'm ignorant when it comes to career paths.

Yeah, but it's extremely tedious and why it's "well paid" in the sense that you get a lot of money, it plateaus really hard and you will literally never, ever earn more than a set amount

>Something CS related that can result in me making a lot of money. I enjoy programming and comp sci, but I'm ignorant when it comes to career paths.

You are doing something CS related. So find what you DO want to do and work on getting the necessary qualifications to get hired doing that.

>he fell for the CS meme
Get out and start studying something else. The field is saturated and you're never going to see those 250k+ meme salaries.You'll probably never even see six figures unless you go to the Bay Area and spend half of it on rent.
Go learn how to be a sysadmin.

Sorry but that's a retarded post, you can easily get six figure salaries in a mid sized city with under a decade of experience.

Ironically this would be a very good exercise for a beginner sysadmin

Shit wrong thread, don't mind me.

Attached: brainlet_wojak_2.png (645x729, 58K)

>Stuck doing web-app shit at a big company and I hate it.
learn liner algebra and calculus
learn cryptography and revers engineering
be a real programmer!

Entrepreneurship

If you know how to make websites, learn to make apps then make your own website+app and sell it.

Obviously this requires you to have social skills at least. If you lack that then your fucked. Enjoy your average salary.

>thinking a degree will solve his life
stop going through life on autopilot OP
stop all that crap and figure out what you want, you're not that old yet but the clock is ticking, if you go the default route it's quite obvious you'll get the default outcome: college -> working for the man at some big company, making good money but also doing soul-crushingly boring work
if that's what you wanted all along, good, if not then you need to cut the crap and figure your shit out asap, strangers can't do that for you, you have to decide what it is that you want

What set amount? Senior level engineers at FAANG can easily get over 400k. And you can always go into management for more.

i can't
both research and the industry suck
death is the only possible outcome

as long as you don't know what you want you'll stay what you are.
learn to know what you want.
also read this: sacred-texts.com/oto/engccxx.htm

Not the op, but I'm beginning to get chastised by my interviewers for mentioning that I wanted to work with my hands when I talk about why I got a CE degree. It's beginning to piss me off

Attached: 1566419095635.gif (333x281, 1.67M)

i know for a fact that EE people desperately look for engineers that have lots of experience with tinkering, not sure you'll be successful in the software dev department with that tho
they'll think that you'll dislike their position and choose someone else

Yeah if you went for CE, hopping into webdev was probably not a great career move. You'll probably have to settle for a more junior level position if you want to get back into embedded. I could be wrong though, but from my experience embedded people are really inclusive.

Shit, just noticed "not op", nevermind

new technical skills aren't gonna make you more money or get you away from shitwork. ingenuity and social engineering will. find a service or something your company needs but doesn't realize, and fill that need yourself, thus creating a better position for yourself. basically it's all about bullshiting people

bases and -of course- redpilled

It is literally shit.

some other guy in another thread makes 130k per year as a javascript engineer.

based

No matter where you go, the only work available for you will be to make some demo for your manager to show to their manager, never to be seen again.