>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. 2400G/3400G may be worth to less likely require a CPU upgrade when adding a dGPU
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>Wait for Threadripper gen3 - Extreme overkill gaming with its larger cache
>R7 1700 - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660TI / Vega56 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal MSRP is too high
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RX 5700XT - budget option. Upscale with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>Navi AIB models have low availability. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>QLC is for storage, NOT for main drive
>Don't use Speccy
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>Beware posts spamming benches of averages, without 1% minimums
>AM4 VRMs, Monitors & SSD Guide under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: very comf.jpg (4032x3024, 908K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
pcpartpicker.com/list/3RYWnH
pcpartpicker.com/
rentry.co/pcbg-more
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Guys

Always buy Corsair power supplies.

No

damn
I wish i were a trucker with a comfy rig inside a comfy rig.

Attached: 1557287349019.jpg (1122x1080, 116K)

>that amount of mouse pad space
Hope he's not playing shooters

>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

How are curved 27'' 1440p monitors? Should I get one?
I've had flat monitors my whole life and I've never even looked at a curved monitor before, but they're so much cheaper than flat monitors, it's like they're forcing me to buy them.

THREADRIPPER WHEN

curved monitors are garbage

Does anyone here have a Meshify C case? Couple fan questions here. First of all, how are the stock fans that come with the case in terms of noise level? How do they compare to Noctua fans in terms of noise?

Also, based on what I can find online, it looks like only a 120mm fan can fit in the rear exhaust position. Does anyone know if a Noctua NF-A15 would fit in the rear? It's a 140mm fan but with a 120mm mounting holes.

Why would you want a 16:9 curved monitor? It's only viable for ultrawides

>they're so much cheaper than flat monitors, it's like they're forcing me to buy them.

Nobody buys threadripper for gaming. Wtf is wrong with you?

He's one of the resident AMDummies

Shareholder OP

Nobody wants to buy his shares.

pcb memes

For VA it apparently helps reduce viewing angle issued.

If one can get either an X470 Gaming 7 (180$), an X570 Aorus Elite (200$) or X570 Aorus Pro (240$), which one to get for gaming 3700X build?
I would really love to get a CH7, but those stupid boards are fucking overpriced here.
Does Navi benefit from PCIe 4.0?

imagine the smell

NIGGERS

gpus are supposed to get like 1% performance increase from efficiencies gained in pcie4 but no gpu will actually really use pcie4s bandwidth for years

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

I went X470 Gaming 7 for my Ryzen 3000 build because it had more shit that I wanted and because I wasn't gonna use a PCIe 4.0 SSD anyway. GPUs can't even saturate 16 lanes of PCIe 3.0 yet.

by the time pcie3 isn't enough pcie5 will unironically have come out (probably)

Thank you frens.
I will go with the Gaming 7 then.
Better to have a former high end board than a current low end board.
Still waiting for the Red Devil to be in stock.

Bit of a warning about the Gaming 7: Updating the BIOS to work with Ryzen 3000 is a pain in the dick and requires a bunch of stupid hoop-jumping. I strongly recommend you just get a shop to do it for you.
And the BIOS itself is pretty crap, but I managed to find my way around it after a while. Other than that, no complaints, it's a lovely board.

NH-D15 or Dark Rock Pro 4?

I like the nh d15

I've got a fren with an 1600X, which I can borrow.
Does the BIOS have some kind of ramp up time for the fans like AsRock or Asus?

NH-U12A

gamecache, bro

So many punk motherfuckers who got clowned by AMD are trying to sell their Poozens for $50 on ebay, it's insane.

Enermax ETS-40 fit , buy an extra fan.

Quiet
Comfy
200 TDP (50 more than shit 212)
Half as cheap, but if you need the extra 50 TDP go with the dark rock pro 4

if the new threadripper is the top gaming cpu it's going to be fucking hilarious, I hope it somehow is just for the meme

HELP

I know, I might be a bit of an idiot, but I did build PC before monitor, however I do have preferable specs for monitor
-144ghz
-1ms res
-no fucking curve

Any ideas on which model I could settle?

My gpu
-RTX2070super

Huh? I mean, I know your trolling, but is there even any basis for what you're attempting to troll? Links?

Got a Cosmos II from a friend, new build time.

Gaming, emulation aplenty hence 9700k single core performance.

Shit on me and recommend anything better, or warn me of blowing shekels on crap hardware?

Gigabyte mobo seems to have a sturdier build quality

will probably end up with ~ a 2070 Super

Oh, Noctura fans and the NH D15 setup as well.

Attached: Build.png (842x935, 161K)

Welp, you got me. You made me look at ebay.

Congratulations.

I too, would like a 144 ghz monitor

You already know what type of specs you're looking for
Why are you even asking

dumb

He's probably looking for brand awareness. Some brands are known to be shit even though they boast the same specs

>intel

why is that athlon still in the op ?

Fan control in the BIOS is absolute ass, custom curves are mouse control-only and mouse control in the BIOS is laggy.
There are also a few clock speed settings that are hidden away in weird places but at least they're accessible.
I'd just select one of the preset fan curves in the BIOS and define custom curves in their software.

1600X should be good, you'll have to install Windows first, then run their EC firmware update tool, then flash BIOS version F40, and only then you can flash the latest BIOS version. I had a shop do mine, and the CPU they used was supported in the earlier BIOS but it got cut for the later ones, so they had a bit of a scare there. As soon as you've got version F40 on there you can switch to a Ryzen 3000 chip though.

>> 5GHz

Because there are tons of models that have same specified specs, but different performance when it comes to color accuracy, brightness, darks, etc that I have no clue about and want some random persone to recommend something so that I can go and blindly blow my pocket

no privacy
why not put in cab?

>t. not a trucker

Attached: 1564952498969.png (253x247, 98K)

Why can't Intelfrens and AMDfrens get along?

Why wouldn't it be?

Why can't we be frens
Why can't we be frens
Why can't we be frens
Why can't we be frens

Attached: comment_yhlhXPQSJR9IEdHOA4nP4at0NXRjyQfH.jpg (1080x780, 310K)

They're both brainless in their own ways

Riding on 6700K/16Gb/1080ti right now zen 3 looks pretty cool. Upgrade nao or wait for zen 4?

Zen 4

Meant zen2/ryzen 3 and whatever AYYMD does next, sorry forgive am retard

there are blinds you put over the front window if you want privacy, he probably did that for overall comfiness and for room reasons

Do you need moar coars? Because that'd be the only real reason to upgrade right now.
4C8T should be enough to hold you over until next gen unless something drastically changes.

NH-D15S

Same answer as before, you can probably keep using your 6700K until AM4+/AM5

Im trying to build a poorfag pc for a bro so that we can finally play some comfy tf2 together and some other games.
Im trying to keep the price as low as possible without going under the 1080p 60+ sweetspot or giving him straight garbage
Hows this? pcpartpicker.com/list/3RYWnH
Current budget is $800 monitor included

I mean cores are nice, mainly use my PC for Ps/Premiere/some gaymen as well. My 6700k is good enough though so I’ll wait for next year

If it still does what you need it to, no reason to buy a whole new motherboard and CPU.
Only reason I went from a 4690K to a 3600 was because my Z87 board randomly decided to shit itself and not power on anymore.

good job actually, nice build
i would go for the RX 580 red dragon for 10 bucks more though

he's just trying to force cloned as a meme.
don't even reply.

not enough competition.
with only 2 choices, it's hard not to come down on one side of the fence or the other.

Usually 5-years in-between processor upgrading is a norm.
I just upgraded from my 4440 and I didn't even "need" to at that point, i probably could have gone an extra year.

I dont know about usually, the really long upgrade cycles is sort of a new thing

>good job actually, nice build
i would go for the RX 580 red dragon for 10 bucks more though
Thanks mate

You sound like you got clowned.

yea, i meant "usaully nowadays" I wasn't trying to encompass the past 30-50 years

keep trying, I'm sure someone will pick up and run with it.

oh ok sure

I won a Z390 board in a sweepstakes, what's the best $200 CPU to pair with it.

And no, I'm not selling it you fanboy niggers.

9600K I guess

>tfw waiting for big navi

Attached: mypc.png (639x577, 56K)

wait for enormous navi

That's a big wait

>motherboards as more expensive than CPU's
what is this world coming to?

Attached: 1562928233239.jpg (403x392, 20K)

threadripper will require 18 phase non doubled vrm and two chipsets, costing $1500 for an entry level board

Those are fake, though. They don't seriously test 2,000 combinations of CPU+GPU. You can't be this retarded. Russians are not a hard working people.

Adobe is better on AMD now. Get fucked.
Idk ask again here.

3600 is a perfectly good upgrade over the 7700k and uses a lot less power. No real reason to wait now that 4c/8t has been following off with recent titles, if you like playing new games.
Especially since you can probably sell your 7700k+board to some intcel brainlet for as much as a 3600+board costs.

All indications are that it's coming out sometime between October and February.

>Intel is so bad they have to give it away

Mainstream boards have gotten good and are better than HEDT boards from 3 years ago. Based AMD.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/3RYWnH
That's actually a really good build. You're just fucked by GPU prices having gone up a bit.
$150 is too much for a 570. it looks like they are running out of stock as RX 5600 is launching very soon. We need to update the OP with this.

There's really nothing I'd change in your build except... for $20 more you can get a 1380Mhz+ RX580 if you must buy now. But I'm not sure that's really worth it when I'm expecting RX 5600 at around $220 and RX 5600 XT at around $270 for much better cards.
Maybe buy a $100 used GPU instead?

Based AMD now the high end.
Intel for poor mainstream fags.
Please by a Celeron!

Attached: intel for normies please buy.png (740x414, 560K)

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. 2400G/3400G may be worth to less likely require a CPU upgrade when adding a dGPU
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>Wait for Threadripper gen3 - Extreme overkill gaming with its larger cache
>R7 1700 - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do NOT use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660TI / Vega56 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal cost is overpriced
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - higher FPS
2160p (4K)
>RX 5700XT - budget option. Upscale with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>RX 570/580 stock is becoming limited as RX 5600 launch approaches

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>HDD are defunct except for servers, NAS, and sub-$350 builds; SSDs are cheap now
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>QLC is for storage, NOT for main drive
>Don't use Speccy
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss), and comparisons which only use averages and not 1% minimums nor framegraphs
>AM4 VRMs, Monitors & SSD Guide under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

OP draft for later, seem good?
Kept forgetting to add to generally not use HDD, plus the thing about polaris becoming more expensive lately.

I like the part about gouging and gpu prices that's gone

>But I'm not sure that's really worth it when I'm expecting RX 5600 at around $220 and RX 5600 XT at around $270 for much better cards.
when can we expect these to come out?

The stock fans that come with the case are solid. As good/silent as Noctua or Arctic? No, but they are fine nonetheless. And yeah the rear exhaust mount only fits a 120mm which sucks, but I don't see why the NF-A15 wouldn't fit. It has space around the area to accommodate it.

Are there any case fans that are as quiet as Noctuas but with RGB. New build is going to have a window and I want my PC to look as gaudy as possible.

Noctua now makes RBG fans

Imagine being one of the punk motherfuckers who got clowned into buying a 2700X

Attached: hi.png (929x915, 111K)

He's not going to including that, otherwise how would he market Navi? You have to understand that he's an AMD shill. Notice the garbage that is VEGA still in the graphics card list

>fake
>fake
>fake
>mommy they're all evading their bans
Yeah right

>3600 is a perfectly good upgrade over the 7700k
Not for gaming. Sidegrade at best. You're really going overboard with the marketing tonight, aren't you?

Attached: hi.png (940x872, 100K)

Do you happen to know the model number? I haven't had any luck finding any.

Why do people always put 9900ks and other high end cpus in 4k gaming builds? Can't you do 4k/60 just fine with say an R5 2600?

>4k gaming builds
They have money to burn or no other hobbies

sorry i'm retarded, confused the Noctua Chromax as RGB. but if you hate the look of Noctua fans check that out. it lets you change the look and color of them, sadly it is not a RGB LED.

Corsair Fans also arent bad, just everyprice. but i guess that the price to pay for RBG

It's not that I hate the look of them so much as I want to make the inside of my PC a big, bright mess of lighting.

I know Corsair has RGB up the ass for all of their components. Are their fans as quiet as Noctuas?

AMDfags are poor pajeets and Intelfags are goyim cattle.