>Read

(Wiki's back up)

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Attached: starlightisaslut.webm (1280x544, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidports.gimp&hl=en_US
warosu.org/g/thread/S72100603#p72107221
warosu.org/g/thread/S71878760#p71879070
hackingarticles.in/editing-etc-passwd-file-for-privilege-escalation/
logicalincrements.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How to change a DVD-RW's label name?

Is there a good guide how to connect coaxial cables? I tried putting mine on the TV connector, put when I turn it clockwise as I'm supposed to the cable keeps messing up the movement by hitting me in the face.

Who the fuck came up with this shit?

what is the GTK equivalent of Qt Designer?

Is there a way to globally exclude a row from all mathematics in a spreadsheet?
I have a row that is a duplicate, that i dont want to be part of any of the mathematics in the rest of the sheet,but i also dont want to change 50+ formulae to bypass just this single row from being used on the sheet..
I need that row to be with the rest of the data or i would just copy it off screen

Last night, I ran an update using WSUS. Now I'm stuck in a boot loop where this and the bios screen endlessly alternate. What do I do? The F8 trick won't work, probably because I disabled a bunch of stuff for a faster boot. I also don't have my original install disc, I wiped that stick for something else.
Windows 7 Ultimate sp1 64 bit

Attached: win.jpg (2880x2160, 564K)

Anyone have any experience with LG tvs and getting usb videos to play?
No matter what codec or container i throw at it, it is unable to play anything. I checked the LG website and it supports x264 and aac,but literally nothing that i try to play will work.

GTK Designer

If I set my boot drive in RAID 1 and it fails will the second drive boot without issue?

Can someone give me a good *basic* digital marketing topic to write an essay on + your fave resources that can answer said question?

when will smartphone-soc manufacturers implement 8k video encoding in their chipsets?

Scribble it out and write over it with a sharpie

Is there a way to change my IP on Android when connected to a mobile network? It seems like half the time I'm blocked from phoneposting because "abuse from this ip range" or some shit and sometimes it works just fine. Is there a way to force myself onto a different network or is the network I connect to just based on location?

>new MB/CPU/RAM
>moderately demanding vidya/GPU stress-tests restart under load instantly
>remove one RAM stick
>restarts
>swap it with the other one
>run a game, doesn't restart
>4 passes of memtest with both, 0 errors
>keep the "working" one and test
>restarts again
>after a while try again
>doesn't restart
>run OCCT GPU test
>restarts
>slot the second stick back in, same thing
>later goes back to restarting in games again
>CPU/GPU not overheating
>PSU was previously working fine with more demanding components
What the fuck is it.

Is it a conflict of interest to work for a proprietary software company and develop FOSS software on the side for practice?

hey question i just need a workstation for minor emulation (like ccna level shit maybe more later) anyway is a thinkpad or other company equivalent with a 6 core xeon enough? In addition due to works travel requirements will one of these be good enough for tf2 or minor gaming on linux? Any suggestion for thinkpad vs precision vs zbook. Is the MSI P creator series any good?

why don't those earbuds with mics work on pc mic input?
how can i make it work?

(i have two pairs of earbuds, i want to use one to hear shit and i want to use the other one to talk shit)

Attached: Untitled 1.jpg (1063x527, 57K)

absolutely checked mein neighbro

hey uhh how in python 3 would one cycle through a list? I have a list I believe I have a while loop but nothing happens and I get no error. I also posted in /dpt/ as well.

for item in list:
print(item)

item and list are variables

Transmission keep shitting up so I'm thinking of switching to Deluge
Is it still good or is it pozzed like µtorrent these days?

Am I retarded or does nobody make a female lightning to male 3.5 adapter?

We steal nicer headphones/buds out of the lost and found at work all the time so I have about 8 pairs of the new apple buds but I don't own apple shit that can use the plug

Is there any good ebook reader worth installing on Windows or should I just keep using Edge instead?

Buy AirPods instead

any recommendation for firewall/network managing software on windows?

Can I run a full web and mail server on Raspberry Pi? Just my personal website or two, and a my own mail server is enough. I doubt I'll have 5 visits a day.

Attached: 1566169072864.jpg (557x1024, 78K)

i realized they're different
have to do something like pic related

Attached: Untitled 1.jpg (1000x792, 65K)

you mean Glade?

Hey...that's a picture of me you creep

yes

ok, I've figured it out on my own
If anyone wants to do it too:
install ImgBurn, go to Tools > ISO > Change Volume Label, select an ISO whose label you want to change so that the resulting DVD has it as its name when your system sees it

Is there a picture editor similar to paint for Android device?

All the stuff on Google Play is face editor and etc.

Attached: IMG_20190816_103458.jpg (2048x1536, 443K)

Yep it's a pretty good learning experience for linux admin stuff

I'm currently running a Cisco USB Wi-Fi stick and it's always disconnected every time I boot up, forcing me to reconnect it. Would getting an internal card with better drivers help? What are some good Wi-Fi cards for a desktop running Linux Mint?
The one I used for EPUBs was a freemium one, Ice Cream Ebook Reader. I can't say whether or not you'll like it, but I got used to it.

What are you doing in this picture?

Every fucking time I update Windows my NI komplete audio 6 starts doing the popping and clicking thing. All my battery throttling is off and my buffers are all set high for it, but it still persists. What else can I do at this point?

making skis

How do you buy cryptocurrency with prepaid cards? The Paxful exchange looks like it accepts them but with how everything's been going so far I'm expecting Binance to block them.

I got a new monitor but under dxdiag its showing as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and not allowing me to change the refresh rate or raise above 1080p

What do

I've got a subwoofer that plugs into the audio jack, then the R/L speakers through another jack on the back of that.
The speakers are working fine (if quiet, since they're designed to work with the volume slider on the sub), but when plugged through the sub the right doesn't play. I unplugged them to test the sub, and found that it isn't picking it up (i.e. the problem is between the connection to the PC and the sub itself).

How do I into testing the connections in the wires and/or jacks on the inside?

Attached: Posts with images are more likely to be read.jpg (600x597, 40K)

>it isn't picking it up
The right channel, that is.

I'm having an issue doing headless ssh into my raspi 3. It's connected to my wifi network, which my laptop is also connected to, and has ssh enabled. I'm able to ssh into it and get a password prompt with ssh [email protected] but I type raspberry(supposedly the default raspian password) and I'm denied access. Did something about the password change? I checked the website and there was nothing about it. What's wrong?

Attached: cool.gif (500x500, 575K)

I'm using fish shell, everything is working great on my desktop, but when I ssh in to my server it starts displaying garbage after every command when I use fish.

Using ohmyfish but it still happens without it, I updated the shell from the version (2.7.1) that came default with Ubuntu 18.04 to a PPA version (3.0.1) but the problem persists.

The garbage is something like
$
Happens when starting the shell and after every command.

It doesn't seem to matter which theme I've chosen, but themes don't have their colours applied, unlike in zsh. Everything works locally.

Any ideas?

fuck, figured it out sorry for wasting your time reading this everyone. It was because my shell was zsh and i was adding fish inside of it. changing shell to /usr/bin/fish and logging in to it directly fixed it.

Have a Sharo to make up for reading my garbage

Attached: 1458024594065.jpg (600x847, 226K)

Pls anyone?

Has anyone ever used Apache Avro on Android before? I'm trying to build an Avro-generated class in my program, then serialise it and do whatever to the result. It compiles fine, but whenever I try to instantiate one of these objects I get a runtime error:

E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: AsyncTask #2
Process: com.enable.radiomanager, PID: 20817
java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.done(AsyncTask.java:354)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:252)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:271)
at android.os.AsyncTask$SerialExecutor$1.run(AsyncTask.java:245)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Ljava/lang/ClassValue;

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "java.lang.ClassValue" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.enable.radiomanager-omiA430Lcxg3U7KnOOtNmg==/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.enable.radiomanager-omiA430Lcxg3U7KnOOtNmg==/lib/arm64, /system/lib64]]
at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:134)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:379)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:312)

This happens whether I use MyClass.newBuilder().setwhatever(), or new MyClass(whatever). I've found one russian guy on the internet who seems to have the same problem, but of course his question got no replies. I'm about to cave my fucking head in

I'm going out of the country for ~2 weeks. What are some good remote desktop software that I can install on my Windows 7 desktop/Windows 10 laptop so that I can remotely access my desktop from my laptop?

RDP is already onboard
VNC and Teamviewer are 3rd party options.

teamviewer made me pay for the full version

Why? Isn't 4k enough? That's like 4 times as much to render as 4k. So in 7-10 years maybe

>16gb USB stick
>on Mac
>made bootable for Windows
>download 4gb WIN 10 ISO
>try to copy ISO to USB
>"lol can't not enough space lmao"

I just want to fix my PC and play Supreme Commander.
Please, help.

Attached: mfw-sanity.gif (499x213, 267K)

you are supposed to extract the iso, not put the iso file itself onto the USB.

If I open it, and copy paste the ISO's content... That would be too easy. Correct?

I guess so. I always use Rufus

>Rufus
Aha. I'm on a Mac. This software is Win only, right?

Attached: life wasn't easy for timmy.jpg (500x500, 61K)

Any way to recover an AES-256 ZIP password I remember a part of?

does nonjs captcha in 4chanx still work? it gives me an error when i have scripts enabled in umatrix and does not load at all when i have them disabled

check out
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidports.gimp&hl=en_US

Etcher then? Idk, can't you just do search for "iso to USB" or something?

>can't you just do search

Attached: mfw-iguess.jpg (232x254, 20K)

UEFI/GPT just copying the files is enough.
For legacy MBR systems you need to set a bootable flag.

They are 4 pin, they will be audio only if plugged into the audio port and (I think) mic only when plugged into the mic port.
Unless your PC also has a 4pin input where they will be both.

pls respond

Just use qbittorrent, baka

you are so cute

Completely forgot about that one cheers senpai

Is there anything actually wrong with installing programs outside Program Files?

Depends.
What does the Quran say on the matter?

Quick question: Does anyone know what key derviation algorithm the /etc/passwd file uses?
Not /etc/shadow, just the good ol' passwd

Nice quads

What's a good VPN nowadays? Any cheap(3$ a month or so) VPS services that will work fine as self set up VPN?

I don't think I ever installed anything in Program Files on purpose.

you need to disable referrer spoofing in umatrix, nojs captcha works fine for me

What's the best wifi adapter atm?
I have a desktop and just moved, staying somewhere temporarily so don't want to wire ethernet, but I'm gonna be here long enough I want to be able to use my desktop.

backing up appdata's (roaming and local) mozilla folder should let me also save the currently open tabs in my firefox right?

yes, backing up the appdata folders found in about:profiles backs up absolutely everything, including tabs.

if you want to restore the profile on another pc see
warosu.org/g/thread/S72100603#p72107221
warosu.org/g/thread/S71878760#p71879070

I finally got an interview offer for an IT Tech job and it seems I'll be doing something called HireVue (I answer questions in front of a camera) and then an in-person interview. Does anyone know any good resources for brushing up on stuff related to networking, Linux, and Windows, or just IT in general?
I've had Private Internet Access for about six months now, and it's been a good experience. I chose the two-year plan and it's about $2.91 a month.

My F310's left stick wasn't fully registering the distance from the center in xpadder, this is only really an issue in old PS2 games, so I took it apart and tested and the distance showed at 100%. Then I put it back together and the distance dropped. I have a feeling that (probably from DMC3) I pushed the left stick further than it's supposed to go at some point and it now detects it as not fully pushed to one side. I tested the same with my right stick and now that one's fucked as well. Tried calibrating and reinstalling drivers but nothing seems to work, any advice?

Basically without the case in the way the sticks can be pushed further, and windows seems to save this somewhere. This "distance" should be at 100, and it was at 96 earlier before taking it apart.

Attached: file.png (522x399, 23K)

Why is file transfer from android phones so awful? Every day I spend with an android phone I find a new thing to be inconvenienced by.

All I wanted to do was transfer my pictures folder to my linux machine, but some aids ridden mtp protocol is giving my computer retardism.

Attached: gvi5nMs.jpg (480x480, 19K)

thinkpad is not the be-all end-all of laptops. There's nothing special about thinkpads.

what do I do to do doo

Fixed by changing USB ports. Jesus fucking christ windows is ass cancer. And it's not the port because after I found it to be fixed I purposefully fucked it again to test. Using port #3 now.

Attached: file.png (519x397, 22K)

Ok so I have an array of 3 unsigned ints, masquearading as a 24-bit two's complement value

How do I turn it into an int without MISRA-C warnings?

I'm doing something like this

uint8_t byteArray[3]; // let's say these 3 bytes hold a 24-bit value in 2's complement format
uint32_t unsignedValue;
int32_t signedValue;

unsignedValue = byteArray[0];
unsignedValue |= byteArray[1]

I'm being forced to move into an apartment for work in a place where an ethernet cable is not an option. (for about 3 months)

Can anyone recommend or suggest the best wifi adapter for my PC, please...

Why isn't my uBlock Origin blocking the ads? I'm using Firefox, it's activated but it still does nothing. When I click on it, it does show me the resources, but it still says 0 or 0% has been blocked on this page.

I have a 4GB DDR3 RAM stick in my computer. If I buy two more 4GB DDR3 sticks, will they work as 12GB or are there any other specs/data I have to consider for it to work together?

Attached: db8ae4af5301622e1eff6125c8c76c52.jpg (300x156, 11K)

I got a new computer with a ryzen 5 2600 and can't install ryzen master.
Every time I try it, I get an error saying the program was installed incorrectly.

what is the most cost effective gpu i can get? should i wait for sales on modern gpus or get something used off aliexpress?

If you have enough slots it should work.

md5 + stuff

read
hackingarticles.in/editing-etc-passwd-file-for-privilege-escalation/

>cost effective
The one integrated in the CPU.

>get something used off aliexpress
Only if you want wrongly flashed cards or hacked together ones from different spare parts.

The big question is, what do you need the GPU for?

You can buy splitters, that split combo 3.5mm into mic and headphone channels.

esports titles mainly play lol and tft and osrs so nothing too intensive but maybe something godo enough to also play OW if i wanted

I know i can check how much voltage a charger is giving, but can i check how much Amps is it using while plugged in a laptop?

also have a 144hz monitor, so maybe something to take advantage of that for shitty games

Nvm dont need it

I just got an RX 580 today, I haven't actually tried many games yet. From youtube videos I saw it was getting 75fps on new more demanding games with ultra settings. I have a 144hz monitor too, I bet you could make a lot of games work to run at 144 consistently.
This site is really good for picking parts if your budget is different.
logicalincrements.com

Who is this starlight and why should I care?

How fucked am I gonna be if I leave college with an associates "information systems" degree and 2 years experience in networking. I should have a few certs by then but who knows. Am I fucked? I just want some podunk network admin job.

Watch Amazon® Prime's ™ The Boys© Today!

It's u ironically pretty good