Why the fuck would anyone use Python instead of Java or C#? I doesn't even have a fucking standard library...

Why the fuck would anyone use Python instead of Java or C#? I doesn't even have a fucking standard library, no cross-platform UI, nothing. You have to pick it yourself, like in C. Any Python program longer than 100 lines goes full spaghetti. And JS is far better for quick prototyping.

Attached: opengraph-icon-200x200.png (200x200, 8K)

Dilate.

>Java
Alright, grandpa. Time to go back to the home.

Learn to program. If your code goes "full spaghetti" after more that 100 lines of code then you still have a way to go.

Imagine being this deluded.

> what is android

The industry is moving towards typeclasses, invariants, algebraic types and all kinds of static analysis shit while Pyjeets stay ignorant.

Makes for good prototyping or just quick and dirty scripting,
My rule of thumb is if I'm just going to try something out and it will take less then 100 lines of code, I'll just do it in Python. If Its going to take more to function then I'll do it proper in C or C# in stead.
>And JS is far better for quick prototyping.
lol fuck no. JS is a nightmare to read

I will fill you in on a under-the-table secret: Python is excellent for prototyping, but any experienced coder will laugh at it being used for production.

JS is shit, C# is Microsoft proprietary shit, and Java is old shit. Get over it.

>C# is Microsoft proprietary shit
C# is ISO and Mono exists.

>Why the fuck would anyone use Python instead of Java or C#
It stopped being 1997 22 years ago.

use clojure

It's a quick, easy to write scripting language. It's not meant for large, intensive programs and you can't blame the language for users stretching its use case because companies are too retarded to hire programmers that have the capacity to learn a "proper" language.

>It's a quick, easy to write scripting language. It's not meant for large, intensive programs
Unfortunately its starting to happen more and more iin the past few years. I fear that Python will start to be the new JS in that it was meant for small things but now gets used for projects FAR larger then it's design intent.

Machine Learning

Web scraping.

All this people laughing at using Python for Production when 99% of businesses are starting to use ML which is written in Python (yea the framework is made in C/C++ but you still have to write Python to use it)

Attached: 346346436.jpg (700x1244, 85K)

>Python instead of Java or C#
Why did you say Python Twice, and then say C#?

Not my favorite language, but there are lots of useful things you can do in less than 100 lines of Python. That is why you would use it.

nothing wrong with spaghetti code unless you are a wagie

languages that aren't statically typed get really obnoxious to work in after a few thousand lines

with python you need like five time less code to achieve the same. But it is true that python alone does not cut it. You need something else for performance like C++ or Go too

android uses kotlin, numbnuts

i'm in a prototyping job

should I not be using python? I mean right now I was told to sharpen up on python and dart.

Python is fine. Ignore the brainlets on this board who can't bother to figure out why something other than the Java they learned at code bootcamp might be useful.

gotcha. i was gonna say it seems like it's easy to use multithreading to avoid issues, and even the flutter plus dart i'm trying to get a hang of

Whats the best way to hook up a flutter dart app to a python backend? I heard something about html requests but i'm still in the build random shit phase of learning

Python and (modern) C++ are the only languages you need. Honorable mention to Lua. She cute.

lua is the perfect companion to C++ now because it's dead simple to embed and work with compared to the python and V8 apis

Programming skill is relative to the scope and the features at hand. "Learn to program" is terrible guideline for any serious project and that is why dynamically typed languages are suitable only for small hobby projects.

>no standard library
>no cross-platform UI
>JS better
Whatever you're smoking, it's not good for your brain. Just friendly advice.

>Any Python program longer than 100 lines goes full spaghetti.

This just means you suck and programming.

Python, C/C++ and Javascript are the holy trinity of programming languages.

>proprietary shit
>mono
do people not know .NET core is a thing or something
it's going to become mainline .NET at some point, too

>.net core
Wikipedia shows the following support
>ASP.NET Core web apps, command-line apps, libraries, and Universal Windows Platform apps
No big boy desktop apps (Win32, X11 on mono, etc). I see where it would be useful especially as a lighter implementation for CLI apps, but otherwise na.

>No big boy desktop apps (Win32, X11 on mono, etc).
That's because .NET interops pretty easily with unmanaged native APIs.
As for .NET integrated frameworks, windows presentation foundation was open sourced and ported to .NET core, and some faggots went and forked it and made it platform independent.

Try doing any kind of scientific computing or data analysis in Java and come back to us

Python makes it 100x easier and quicker to do

Different tools for different jobs essentially. Language autists don't understand this due to their tendency towards neetdom

no it's not faggot you're just in a bubble

industry isn't even Scala-level functional yet

If you get caught writing micropython or anything else that isn’t C for an mcu, you’re gonna literally get beaten up by embedded folks.
Obviously if your programs become spaghetti after 100 lines, you need to read K&R, or just learn what a function is.

>scientific computing
>python
You have clearly never heard of Julia before.

I like michelle better, even as JC she wasn't shit

Based biopython

blew it there .. js isn't a serious language

sort of people you find having got jobs
then you have to repair it

> js is a nightmare to read
> but not monty meme syntax that arent found in any other language
> but not tabs and spaces defining scopes
> no brackets

Bullshit

Actually ml is starting to go back towards java especially with all the new libraries

>it doesn't even have a standard library
What the fuck are you talking about?

You mean it has ML libs?
All languages have them.

Yeah but they're all irrelevant. The only serious machine learning being done today is in Python. This isn't even a debate.

For some, this is a feature. I think you should read more about programming principles.

You mean, you can load a library that does something useful for you if you call some of its functions? How is it different from any other language?

literally the cancer of the industry, no wonder you like both

Suppose I want to load an image.
In java, this is always available.
In C#, this is always available.

In Python, I have to pip install some shit first, pillow or whatever the fuck it's called, there are multiple versions of it, some devs use other libraries.

>nothing is faster than c
>nothing is easier to use than python
tell me, what does c# do better than any other language?

C# is faster than Python and easier to use.

>scientific computing
Scala

Just learn Lisp already, you uncultured degenerates.

Prior to 3 you can use imghdr + imgop and jpeg. In 3, yes you have to install a library. There is still a standard library, it just doesn't include the ability to deserialize a bunch of specific data formats. Most languages offload that shit on third party libraries, like C(++) and FreeImage. Extremely specific shit like that is not really something that belongs in a stdlib to begin with. Java and C# don't have stdlibs so much as they are built on top of massive frameworks.

Attached: 1565925030151.gif (216x200, 40K)

As a new programmer with a small grasp of HTML/css experience, which language would be best to learn on? I was thinking on python as a starting point and just learn basics. Also any specific sources(codeacademy, Khan, books, etc) or should I just try using the elementary scratch program

Julia shows some promise, but it's pretty immature at the moment, core language features are still in flux, plotting libraries are in their infant stages (not even speaking of geospatial packages), etc.

>tensorflow
>keras
>pytorch
>caffe
>sklearn
Those are the 5 most noteworthy ml frameworks on the planet. All of them are python.

Java pretty much only has DL4J and tensorflow's experimental Java interface. No one sane uses it unless their balls are chained to legacy code.

Attached: 1560273525714.jpg (670x503, 42K)

Don't do python, it's too easy of a language to learn first. I'd say Java or Javascript, although probably Java. The compiler will help you catch silly beginner mistakes and it's probably not best to start with a dynamically typed language.

Kotlin is just Java wearing a dress. It's like a transgender. They dress up to hide their insecurity and try to look pretty by the reality is its just a mentally ill man wearing a dress .

Python are JS are both great for protoyping.

My company uses both C++and JavaScript. Feels good

I want to nakadashi Lua.

>And JS is far better for quick prototyping.
False. Literally the ONLY upside of JS for quick prototyping is that you don't ever have to download an interpreter because every computer already has a web browser.

unironically C. then switch to Python to learn OOP concepts and basic program structuring. I think OOP is a pointless hurdle in learning when you're just starting out, but when you know C you'll basically already understand Python, except the OOP concepts.

After this you're free to learn anything you want since it's mostly a change of syntax and tools

Did you get raped by dynamically typed languages or something?

>Python makes it 100x easier and quicker to do

Easier compared to what? No one here has ever explained why it's easier or how it's quicker.

It's not just an interpreter. There's also a debugging console, benchmarking, and the ability edit your code on the fly. With Python, you'll write slow, poorly optimized code without knowing it or caring because Python is supposed to be slow.

rest framework

It isn't quicker, the correct word should be 'accessible'

When even you gf can write easy scripts in Python with an abundance of dumbed-down-to-hell tutorials online you know you're dealing with one hell of an accessible language.

Did you even give her the option to choose?

> When even you gf can write easy scripts in Python

Does she dilate tho?

sounds like you already know everything there is to know, your mind is set and closed for any discussion. why are you here extacly user? honestly curious.

up to her, came from R

I did this and it was okay

C#, F# and C are the only languages you'll ever need

so does py being c in disguise
and c as fancy asm

Statistics son,
Im not gonna go along with R jews or Merchant bastard that rent their statistic packages.
Python is brillant for my job all I need is an text editor.
After solving everything I can just use C to deploy the results.

Glue language.
Writing up a quick script is easier than on java or C#. Especially because Python is by default installed on Linux and easily available in the MS store in Windows

JS server side is actually really fast

>Java
Trash
>C#
Windows-only until .net 5.0 comes out in 2020.

Until then I'll keep my Python.

tell me how a nested spaghetti hell of anonymous functions and callbacks with a nice }}}}}}}; at the end IS NOT a nightmare to read. fucking tabs in python is a breeze compared to that shit.

>instead of Java or C#
I don't mind bashing of easy/popular languages on this board, but why would you choose Java or C# instead? If you said something that is significantly faster like Cpp I would get it, but these two?

Freezing Python with a GUI is fucking misers.

It works good unless you're retarded