What features would you like to see added in the next update?

What features would you like to see added in the next update?

Attached: 1566828826389.jpg (474x474, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/3685
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would like to see GTK3 dropped.

to be fast and robust as windows95 interface
is that to much to ask?

Based

Why is that?

Proper HiDPI support.

i would like to see the entire project deleted.

I don't need anything, it's perfect

hookers

blackjack

you know xfce has never aimed to be a windows-like desktop, right?

He said make it fast and robust dipshit

I have no idea what xfce is or does, sorry

Better default app selector. It can only pick a browser, terminal, email and file manager right now. I'd like it to be like cinnamon where it can pick audio/video players, text editors, etc.

Pic related bug fix. It doesn't properly apply touches to machines with 2 or more screens. it was an issue in 4.12 and I don't know if it's fixed yet.

Drop the image viewer and media players. They're shit compared to alternatives which aren't much heavier, and they just waste dev time for no reason. Just add NoMacs/Viewnior, mpv/VLC and audacious.

Fix Thunar because it always tries to display the full name of items thus making everything look inconsistent and out of place. At least make an option to change this behavior. Windows explorer fixed this over a decade ago by trimming names and only displaying full names when you select a file/folder, while displaying the name above other files.

Allow toolbar integration into the titlebar like Unity did.

Better UI/theming by default. Like Manjaro, Mint or MX have.

Wayland support.

Attached: 1.png (736x630, 10K)

GTFO just Google it queer

it already is fast and robust

Tiling

is XFCE still a solid desktop environment for a Pentium 3 machine with 512MB of ram?

>GTFO just Google it queer
it's joke
trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/3685

use openbox

Honestly, Wayland support.

fix screen tearing without adding a fuckhuge display lag

>trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/3685
man, this reminded me really solidly of why I went screaming the fuck away from GNOME shit

they're like linux's very own apple, off in their own little world

Their arrogance is pretty fucked up. I hate that there seems to be a push to silo "ecosystems" off now. Maybe the ultimate goal will be to block people from using KDE apps in GNOME.

Basically all this

Also:
Resizing multiple windows by moving the border between them.

there are already a litony of bugs that affect gnome apps in KDE (no borders on csd, scrolling non-focused windows broken) so this wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility

Who should I blame, Red Hat?

Better laptop open/close screen support and more power support

When I did a standard apt install to get xfce4 I didnt get any way to control my cpu speed so I had to make one

(Github.com/takamuradono it's the cpu setter script)

But yeah I'd like to see more optimization for laptops and better 4k support but I'm working with a friend with a 4k screen laptop ( I have a t530 he has a newer xps), so we were wondering how to steal a better support from a bigger distro to import to another debian distro

But yeah also xfce is best because it's the most lightweight yet feature heavy. I'd like to see it support a ultra power saver mode or something to make old laptops usable for coding or reading books/posting on Jow Forums ect ect.

As a certified Jow Forumsitical expert i am very 190% certain it was a jew

Because the jewish people are very industrious and intelligent and tend to work in tech jobs naturally as the German ubermenchian ideal realized

This.

I want XFCE-QT.

GTK is a sinking ship, the devs need to ditch it and move to QT.

And yet it does the job better than any other DE

This is basically a complete rewrite.
But I'm a KDE user but would like a lighter DE alongside it for some tasks. Unfortunately it seems that LXQT depends on some GNOME stuff, at least in Fedora.

>GTK is a sinking ship, the devs need to ditch it and move to QT.
GTK is the flagship and it shows. I used to think desktop Linux was garbage until I stopped trying to be a special boy running anything but GTK.

this, i loved gtk2, but gtk3 is a shitshow
fuck it, lets just move to qt5, gtk's reason for existing (qt was proprietary back when gtk was made) hasn't been an issue in a long time

yup

It's a shame because I actually like a lot of Red Hatisms but they're very toxic.

If I force some font DPI, does it apply to the panel as well already?

Attached: question_ritsu.png (500x500, 194K)

I would like xfce devs to switch to cinnamon...oh wait no, perhaps not, hehehehehe I would like them to join KDE and make that as shitty as xfce, it would be an improvement for kde

Neither XFCE or KDE are shitty.

>at least in Fedora.
Fedora is GNOME the OS. They always try to add as much GNOME crap as possible into their spins.

KDE and Xfce are the only good DEs, retard.

I'm using the KDE spin and I don't notice much GNOME stuff. I know GNOME takes precedence, but the spin devs seem to be competent.