Why don't they make a touchpad here?

Why don't they make a touchpad here?

Attached: touchpad.png (1024x768, 24K)

because people put their hand there to type

you would know if you weren't a fucking spider piece of shit. I remember that movie with the head and shoulders explosions.

I wonder (((who))) could be behind this post...

Attached: cc4.jpg (680x649, 84K)

What's the point?
It's the case on gaming laptops with lower keyboards, but it is highly impractical for productivity, as you want to have your fingers simultaneously on the keyboard and on the mousepad.

More importantly, why aren't physical buttons on touchpads a thing anymore?

you mean a numpad?

yeah that's what i meant.

here's where mine is, and i'd like it to the right. I can turn it off and on but it's a pain and i want it to be clicky.

Attached: 20190826_122350.jpg (1024x768, 216K)

Where the fuck would you put your wrist

Because palms.

hmmm good point

maybe a cover or a on/off switch of sorts

Well on my old laptop, you double tapped the top corner to disable the touchpad, maybe something like that.

you'd still rest your wrist on keys that would feel terrible

what about a cover that slides to the left?

Just get a laptop with a full-size keyboard.

Attached: 1545790827866.jpg (1320x862, 248K)

That sounds unnecessarily complicated

No. I want it to be small and portable but have the functionality of a full size keyboard.

>small and portable
>full size keyboard
Pick one

>functionality of a full size keyboard
That's what the FN key is for.

>Pick one
I don't have to. That's the beauty of innovation. You think I can have an i7 with 16 gigs of ram and a pci-e 500gb SSD in this tiny 14" laptop because pick one?

Go back to india, pajeet.

Then show me that small and portable laptop with a full size keyboard.

what about like this?

Attached: numpad.png (1024x768, 8K)

I use a wireless mouse anyway it's not like i'll be using the touchpad often.

Numpad on a laptop is completely useless unless you are an accountant.

Attached: 0d122a55.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Let's say that I am, and that's besides the point. I would like a clicky numpad on the laptop. Maybe there can be one made that pulls out from the side?

nah, right now i'm using the touchpad and i'm having the laptop almost on my belly (a little down tho) and the touchpad being in the middle or even a little to the left makes it perfect because i don't have to put my arm in an awkward position, try it. grab a laptop and actually put it ON YOUR LAP because it's a laptop, then put your hand on the right side then the middle, you will see that i mean.

Clicking a physical numeric keypad out to the right of the laptop (like you click SD cards in and out) would be a lot easier than a wonky button that turns a keypad on and off.

>tfw medical billing
I might as well be one. Please kill me.

>put it ON YOUR LAP because it's a laptop
Ok, that is a description of the style of the computer. It doesn't mean that an alienware computer was made by aliens, idiot.

>It doesn't mean that an alienware computer was made by aliens
i..it's not... D: thx for ruining the product for me asshole

Either way you need to get proper cooling on the unit and use it accordingly. Putting a laptop on your lap is a bad idea. It won't cool properly and you'll get a lot of dust in there.

been putting it on my lap for the last year or so, opened it last week and no dust, i agree with the cooling part tho, but the only thing i do on the laptop while having it on my lap is browsing the web

Ok but HOW can we get a numeric keypad on a 14" laptop?

I vote make one that comes out of the side.

this is the only answer.

engineers, do your thing

Attached: 1566839437303.png (1024x768, 8K)

because if your'e an efficient major hacker xD you use one thumb to hit the space bar and the other one to use the touch pad when tasking

no, its the best way to play roguelikes

I want laptop with trackball built in. Touchpads are dogshit even worse clickpads no dedicated left/right click physical buttons.

Attached: 1560120907510.jpg (1200x800, 131K)

touchscreen.

I dont think laptops these days are thick enough to accommodate that. Watcha gonna do on pic related anyways? Play number munchers?

they did it in the 90s
they stopped with good reason

You know you are supposed to use the thumbs on your touchpad, right Jow Forums?

How am I supposed to hit the left/right touchpad buttons if my thumb is on the touchpad itself?

Because it retarded? Or it will look retarded having your arm across your body to use it

How many thumbs do you have, user?

>using a touchpad with two hands
user, what the fuck?

Attached: 1551145030323.jpg (1225x706, 153K)

Elaborate

Why don't they make trackpoint here?

Attached: touchpad.png (1024x768, 11K)

nigga, OP is literally giving you a solution to this exact question and you want him to provide existing evidence, are you really this retarded or just illiterate?

I use mine all the time - much easier to type IP Addresses all day using the full sized keyboard

> snaps off and electrocutes you

Attached: steve-jobs-walter-isaacson.jpg (2560x1600, 685K)

apple

Read the reply chain again, and yes.

Trackpoints are gay.

Then make them more sturdy

is this close enough

Attached: dims.jpg (600x471, 37K)

I have a better idea: slide-out keypad from the right side of the laptop.

see

nice, not bad