Which Cherry MX switches do you like most

Which Cherry MX switches do you like most

Attached: CW2WipmUYAEli1U.jpg (960x960, 197K)

red

If you use blues, you are definitely an annoying cunt
fuck blues

Rubber domes

Attached: 563521.jpg (177x266, 18K)

Gateron yellow

all cherry switches are mediocrity incarnate, but i guess retooled blacks if i had to pick one

Cherry switches suck.

Green

kalih box white

Brown

>Every single one RGB
Disgusting.

I like the Cherry brown soft-touch switches for silent operation , but provides a good feel. Reminds me of more classic keyboards I've used in the 90's.

green

my man

red is most comfortable but it sure is typo city

Buckling spring

I use blues, and I can confirm that I'm an annoying cunt

Clear, better tactile feedback than brown.

blues or die
no it just means we have jobs

if by "have jobs", do you mean to imply your job is to annoy your coworkers?
shut the fuck up before I throw your garbage keyboard in the trash

reds are blacks for little girls

Blues and Browns

Red are fucking garbage

no it means I type more than wwadwsswaddwssswadwws

Browns are just scratchy reds, though

Box navy or 78g zealeos.
Holy pandas are good but overhyped.
To actually answer your question, the best cheery switches are greens, but all of the alternatives are better at this point.

MX Blues/Retooled or Vintage Blacks

cherry switches are average at best, get a box jade (navy is also nice, for me slightly too heavy) or any linear gateron if you want a good mx style switch. Box Royal might be considered as good tactile switch, but haven't tried it yet

Browns for home, blues for work.

the worst possible person: right here

Nope you're an annoying, cunt.
Also
>not eesfeeesssdddfff
pleb

Blacks,

I like the feelings of red a lot but I always fit finger keys when I'm trying to gayme.

My favorite for typing are buckling springs and blacks.

Browns are a better version of Reds.

MX Clear. Ultra tactile, quiet enough for the office, and everyone in the office thinks they feel weird to type on.

I have a blue full size, red tkl and brown 67 key. Really want to get a green switch board at one point.

Just buy something hotswap so you can try a bunch of different switches at this point.

I use blues. Wear slightly fitted turtlenecks and a fair bit Jow Forums and use circular glasses and my awkward responses are thought to be deadpan and funny cause i'm attractive. Favorite album is King of Limbs.

>I work 3rd shift
>roommate kept waking me up early like an ass
>switch to blues

Attached: 1466111504927.gif (167x170, 1.32M)

Silver

*chatters your poorly designed chinkswitch*
zealios are the only good chink cherry clone, the rest suffer from quality control or lifespan issues

All of Zeal's shit is manufacturued by Gateron and given a huge price hike because he knows he can get away with it.

>manufacturued
I see your shitty chink switches are already chattering lmao

I use it at home not bothering anybody, why the fuck should you care?

I know; they have much, much better quality control than standard gateron switches (and come pre lubed)
they're overpriced for what is almost entirely a copied design, but their feel doesn't vary between batches and they don't chatter/fail to register/become obnoxiously and piercingly clicky after the lube on box switches' thick ass leaf dries up/break your keycaps/slowly individually fail and require replacements after a year like the rest do
never trust the chinese when reliability and thorough testing is required

It's too bad Cherry doesn't offer anything like Gat yellows, unless you count nature whites which are a pain in the ass to get your hands on.

>red fastest actuation
>not shortest actuation distance
What

Same actuation but less actuation force required, so potentially faster actuation overall. Although, the MX Silent should be the fastest by that math.

red is too light, black is too heavy
what do I do, kms?

MX nature white or Gateron yellow
Alternatively, spring swap

They have the same operating force though, unless that means something else

yeah, I'm thinking of changing springs if I do eventually do a custom build, which I want to do eventually

For me, it's blue.

>36P
>only two with taste

Attached: 1354562754178.gif (1600x2220, 638K)

For me, it's Box Royals

I love my cherry blues
Fuck you they sound great

I bought Blues just so I could type in text chat while my microphone was live.

are your fingers not fatigued

red have no feeling

Blues, optimal for gaming

Attached: __fujiwara_no_mokou_touhou_drawn_by_shangguan_feiying__8b2eed5d40b59d74a18c04b6da7e73b7.jpg (412x490, 133K)

If you use blues you're not trying hard enough and need to source something much louder.

I use blue
>tfw your keyboard weights more than laptop itself

Attached: 1566822707086.png (168x118, 20K)

Box switches aren't clones, they're an original design. Cherry switches, as well as cherry clones, don't feel nearly as nice, and aren't nearly as durable.

I can't decide, so I never got any.
Also, my wife's cats keep knocking off my keyboard from my desk and I wouldn't want to risk that with an expensive mechanical keyboard.

if Cherry MX switches sucks why are they rated very high on mechanicalkeyboards.com/switches

Attached: 1566102666336.jpg (938x1024, 86K)

because they're the most popular.

Box pale pink.
Fuck (((Cherry)))

I guess shill wars between NVIDIA, Intel, and AMD are fine. But shilling different colors for the switches in your keyboard? Really? You guys are autistic.

>shilling different colors
user...

I like my switches like I like my women. Black, stiff, and quiet

Clear then green then blue.
Hate black, red, brown.

>reds for gaming
>browns for typing
Blues are for faggots CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

Zoro Blacks, not too shabby for a $30 keyboard (Ajazz AK33)

you mean the ones that are least shit?
probably reds
maybe blues

>hysteresis
>optimal for gaming
based retard

Fuck this shill thread. Nobody sane likes these shitty switches.

Brown, just how I like my men.

based

Clear

What's the noiseless equivalent of blues? Something that's great to type on but won't wake my wife's son?

Speed

Every mechanical keyboard except for silents are horrible for sound and those around you .

idk
topre?

Linear switches, blacks/reds are fine

Modified pale blues is the closest you can get.

blue, but fuck corsair and fuck RGB

clear

I use blues and always have my mic on continuous transmission, fuck you, i might get greens just to be an even more annoying cunt, maybe amplify my mic a bit too yknow
they sound great, they feel great, and you can actually bloody type on them, which is great if your job consists of typing a lot to make the computer do things

It is not particularly difficult to open up the switches and lube them up yourself especially if they can be hot-swapped.

My favorite switch so far is easily the Zilent v2 78g. Their tactility feels very pleasant while remaining quite and the actuating force is just right for my fingers.
Cherry browns feel mushy and loud in comparison.
I think I have reached my end game but I am curious about the alps and topre switches, I've only tried a few cherry and cherry compatible switches so far.

Custom mechanical keyboards are literally snake oil

>Cherry MX switches

Attached: 1519177616-DogVomit.jpg (1088x640, 638K)

Browns or reds. More brown because I like the friction.

based af

Not quite.
From a purely functional perspective the cost might not be justified.
Yes anyone can grab a cheap rubber dome keyboard and type on it effectively without making an awful lot of noise as the rubber acts as a sound dampener which is good enough for most use cases.

Buying a mechanical keyboard is a luxury expense where the objective is to achieve a sensation be it haptic or audible that matches one's preferences.
Functionally there are some advantages such as consistency across all switches which last for a longer time compared to cheap rubber domes which can wear out much faster than well designed and manufactured mechanical switches.
And of course the ability to remove keycaps or for an easier and more thorough cleaning job.

Where mechanical keyboards really shine is customization, they can be customized to suit one's needs which varies in the level of customization depending on the keyboard you use.
Keycaps can be replaced, switches can be replaced easily if you have a PCB with hot-swappable mounting points, you could even assemble your own custom keyboard from a kit which makes it easier to maintain should a part fail as you would have an understanding of how all the major components come together and how to replace them.

If you wish to do so, the switches can be opened and you can lubricate them to alter the haptic feedback and make the switch feel smoother or dampen the sound.
Other modifications involve inserting orings to dampen the noise at the expense of travel distance and altering the haptic sensation, rattly stabilizers for long keys can be dampened through lubrication and placing material at the contact surfaces such as band-aid or foam.

Logitech romer-g for me.

awful, I preferred brown as an all rounder but it sucks at everything.
Stock Blue is too scratchy and the resistance after the clicky part was annoying to reset when double tapping.
For RTS i prefer heavier and more tactile switches so I don't accidentally bump a key such as the retreat key in Company of Heroes.
For FPS it is the other way round for most keys such as W,A,S,D and keys you hold down such as shift.
Linear Switches with low actuation force are useful for keys you want to press quickly and hold down.
Keys that are lead to a bad outcome if bumped by mistake such as the grenade key can make use of a stiffer and more tactile switch to deliberately press it.
Being able to modify individual switches would be useful.

Why do blue and brown switches even exist?
Who likes noise and extra pressure on keys?

>

Attached: 56444894_393354284835466_1380759110824449577_n.jpg (615x487, 29K)

This. Although from a pure typing experience, actuating a whiffletree and putting 20 pounds of steel in motion with the help of a motor is the most kinesthetically satisfying for the user and obnoxious to everyone around you.

Attached: IMG_20190820_084407151~2.jpg (3024x3641, 1.66M)

I'm putting BOX Navies/Jades on my next board

silent

What if I use double blues?

Am I the only one that thinks mechanical keyboards are over rated? I bought a ducky a year ago and I honestly think I like my $30 piece of shit Logitech keyboard better.

Just by listening to them I guess Blue sound nice to me, but it's nothing something I'd be using on a daily basis.
t. no mechKB poorfag