What exactly is a 'tech lead'?

What exactly is a 'tech lead'?

Attached: 1563577758220.png (600x533, 130K)

someone who's leading in losing

Ex tech lead

Attached: 1563242371072.jpg (500x500, 147K)

formerly tech lead

based asian insectoid

The element Sn, when used in technology.

An hero

It's someone who will be in meetings all day.

It’s a trick to make someone responsible for the horrible software the team is building.

Tech lead for a fast growing startup, this is 100% accurate. If only I was at home, I'd pay my calendar

Yep. At my company the tech leads really are just managers, the amount of technical work they do is really limited. Nothing against them skills wise, it's just what the role expectations are. They're still good for general advice on certain things but I imagine being in that role you might feel like you'll 'fall behind' in some respects. I get exhausted talking to people for too long so I can't imagine doing that quite literally day in and day out.

What do managers do then?

Get paid

Just fill a seat and tell people what to do.

I'm the ex-google ex-facebook techlead. I know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperately that you’re right, yet to fail nonetheless. Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives. Or should I say, I have.

Attached: gauntlet.png (618x379, 317K)

Micromanage lower tier employees and snitch on everything

If your manager snitches on you or lets any blame fall on you, they are a bad manager and you should think about switching teams immediately.
You'll really only know who and what makes a good manager after having had several managers.

you got noticed by senpai senpai

This. A good manager will blame setbacks on himself and his own planning first and foremost.

>Boss regularly has nothing to do, just sits in her office
>Thinks her only job role is to order people around
>Regularly makes poor decisions even when confronted with arguments on why said decisions would be detrimental
>Decisions are often surface level at best, with no real foresight or thought put into their effectiveness
>Has 0 employee workload management skills, has no clue what the general needs employees fulfill daily
>Demands petty and low priority tasks be moved ahead of business functionality
>Expects employees to go above and beyond to the point of working for free
>Refuses to take initiative in even simple tasks when employees are otherwise occupied and she has nothing else to do - will radio someone from across campus to do it for her

Education is a joke and teachers should generally never be put in a real management position.

Attached: images.png (209x241, 8K)

>working under a f*male
yikes

Basically a manager of the real coders.

Are you talking about my boss?

the odds of you two being coworkers are very small

I work in a candy factory as an engineer in the maintenance department and this describes one of my bosses almost perfectly. Bad managers are everywhere. Mine was only hired because she knew our plant manager and they moved her to manage a whole department a couple months back and she is in the process of destroying it. Well, that and our main department here is doing so poorly it may shut down our plant and the upper management is diverting all resources to it which has helped not at all.

Attached: DtNV2eQU0AAv9L5.jpg (400x288, 27K)

fuck, dude. Do you have a plan in case the whole thing comes crashing down?

I was exaggerating a bit, it's more likely corporate would fire all the upper management (like they did five years ago) or sell the factory before they would totally shut it down. I signed a 2 year contract 1 year ago so as long as I make it to next September I can leave for another job somewhere else. I don't think I'll have that much trouble finding a job, I'm in a decent place for engineering jobs.

my tech lead do nothing but meetings

I'm really, REALLY enjoying this trend of turning every fucking meme on the internet into an apu or wojak version.