What's preventing someone from forking the kernel project the commit before the CoC and then rebasing all of the...

What's preventing someone from forking the kernel project the commit before the CoC and then rebasing all of the changes made to the original project as patches are made?

Attached: 20190826_232001.jpg (373x662, 110K)

Nothing. But what would be the point? The CoC is only relevant for developers, not end-users. And if your fork is just an up-to-date copy of the regular kernel, you won't have a dev community of your own. Why would anyone contribute to your no-name copy when they could work on the actual Linux kernel?
This is only sensible if you were going to make a fork with actual differing design/feature goals. You need to attract a dev team in order for anyone to actually benefig from the lack of CoC.

>Nothing
YOU GOT YOUR ANSWER. NOW FUCK OFF

more proof that CoC haters dont actually understand CoC or the linux community that employs a CoC, they are only transphobic.

The tranny is hiding it's face now it seems, too ugly to show the real thing.

kindly take your transphobia away and go somewhere else, Jow Forums is not here to serve as a sounding board for your antiquated ideals

if you have some quarrel with the direction of the linux dev. community id love to hear about it! otherwise go away troll

not funny

not an argument or criticism of technology
please refrain from further posting
thanks

Okay Tranny. Now suck my dick or else I'll bomb you

cringe

reddit go

???

Quick! Somebody needs to dial

Attached: maxresdefault (24).jpg (1280x720, 100K)

coercion of sex or else imminent physical harm sure is hilarious, user. rolling my eyes over here. keep it up.

welcome
to
Jow Forums

im just a tech enthusiast who would like you to point to the linux tree where they fucked up, and need to take a new direction, instead of baselessly blaming transexuals as a whole because the community has inclusivity guidelines but im not holding my breath!

>The CoC is only relevant for developers
what exactly does a CoC do? get you shunned from developing further to the project? what if you singlehandedly patch a critical bug? they just wont merge it?

not funny

yep

How many megs of RAM, Carmine?

Attached: ATE.jpg (200x147, 5K)

i dont feel its my job to entertain -- maybe see a stand up if you want jokes?

why dont you read the coc and see

His comment had nothing to do with trannies tho. Also trannies are disgusting and need to face reality.

not funny

which is proof that coc haters are only transphobic. unless...? no! i mean, unless...?

Trannies on a suicide watch

and we all know how effective that is these days

>What's preventing someone from forking the kernel project the commit before the CoC and then rebasing all of the changes made to the original project as patches are made?
Nothing

first funny post

Now shut the fuck up or I will rape ya

gross--please fuck off

Trolls trolling trolls

not funny

Not really seething but seething tranny ayy

didnt laugh

i would agree most standups probably would fail to make you laugh but if you find this funny

maybe you should get some louis ck tickets idk

penis

>What's preventing someone from forking the kernel sans the project faggotry/communism/mental-illness?
Nothing except the massive amount of proprietary binary blobs which may or may not have usable licensing.

>ITT: Jow Forumstards vs Jow Forumstards larping as trannies

not funny until penis

exactly

Nothing but now you have to maintain it.
The problem is that the CoC can influence what patches get accepted to the mainline, so at worst you'll just be a CoCless fork of the main project and at best you would have to work to bring in patches and developers who would be refused due to the CoC, but also maintain the high level of confidence the main project has for it to be worth the effort of running.

not enlightening

The top devs of Linux are being paid by The Linux Foundation, which is funded by donation from big silicon valley corporations. Other minor Linux devs are directly employed by those corporations. What you suggest is possible, but it will never happen as developers want to get paid.

Attached: 1566519264193.jpg (475x400, 50K)