ITT: Boomer Faggotry

>boomer dad wants a music player
>tell him to just buy a microSD card and put it in his phone, they're like $15
>buys used iPod off of ebay
>I have to install iTunes cancer to put his songs on the ipod
>works fine for a few weeks
>now he's bitching because it's not charging at all anymore, >my guess is the charging port shit the bed, and the only way to fix it is to tear it apart and solder in a new port
>none of this drama would have happened and he would have spent 1/4 as much if he had just listened to me in the first place

Attached: 1200px-6G_iPod.svg.png (1200x1975, 90K)

you're a retard

>installing rockbox and being blamed for when something inevitably breaks
lolnope

>>I have to install iTunes cancer to put his songs on the ipod
You know Rhythmbox can do the same thing, right? Just install it and the gvfs-afc package.

>rockbox
you're a retard

I wonder if life is sort of karma, I am a violent foss enthusiast but everybody in my family uses a windows or mac which I have to help with whenever they have problems. Fuck this existence.

this if he's had an iPod before let him be comfy with it. Just rockbox it and replace the battery be a good son faggot

Attached: IMG_20190224_145253.jpg (4032x3024, 2.02M)

Fuck you and fuck your autism. If he wants an iPod, let him have it. I feel bad that he raised a faggot for a son.

Attached: repent zoomer.jpg (443x455, 96K)

more likely a failed battery due to age than a port. Also, the pictured iPod Classic is an amazing dedicated music device. I enjoy listening to music while away from my phone with either my home hi-fi or with some kind of MP3 device. Not everyone wants to listen to music on the same device that all other communications and distractions come through on, just like some people don't want to read book or articles on a connected device. It's all personal preference. You're bitter and crave validation.

Attached: tub.jpg (747x754, 71K)

> you didn't do what I suggested
> I don't know how to support that crap
> go away
t. no longer gets support calls from everyone in my family who bought into applefaggotry.

>more likely a failed battery due to age than a port
Depends. Maybe he's trying to charge it from a wall socket adapter. My iPod has never charged that way.

I've had my classic since high school and it's still in use

This thread is written by a boomer.

>ask son for one thing
>doesn't help so go find thing on my own
>go get thing cheap not sure how to use
>son pissed

Didn't something already inevitably happen?

>if he wants to make you responsible for his proprietary shitheap, then let him take your time and energy
no
The iPod just doesn't charge from ANY source anymore. The screen lights up when you plug in a USB cable, but it doesn't go into diskmode or display the charging icon.
>I want to do option A
>do option B, it's much simpler and cheaper
>does option A anyway
>it turns out option A has complications
>surprised_pikachu.jpg

>ask son for thing
>son gives very simple and cheap solution
>ignore son and buy something several times as expensive and worse
>thing has problems just like my son said
>I would have listened to him if he had just given me a firm handshake

>The iPod just doesn't charge from ANY source anymore. The screen lights up when you plug in a USB cable, but it doesn't go into diskmode or display the charging icon.
Does it show up in iTunes? You've reset it I assume.

A music/mp3 player is like 25 bucks if that for something he wants. You need to just know how to pick your battles.

I tried doing the "well your phone can do it" shit long ago, just not worth it because what boomers want they want and will go through hell to get than one weird thing

People change phones every few years. Meanwhile, I've been using the same MP3 player for about a decade now.

>Does it show up in iTunes?
Nope, I just get a recurring "USB Device not recognized" message. The only other explanation is that the cable shit the bed.

Stop being retarded, these iPods are great. Mine is the only reason I still keep my Power Mac G5 around.

parents asked me the same thing after having their smartphones for a while. I forget what I got them but it was fine for all 4 CD's they put on the thing.

Amazon has like

just use GTKPod, no need for iTunes nor RockBox

>buys used iPod off ebay
Good choice
No, you chose to install iTunes. You could've used Spotify or a number of other programs to sync with the stock firmware or Rockboxed it.
>it's not charging at all anymore, >my guess is the charging port shit the bed
So swap the logic board

>using your phone for anything but listening to music

Tbh this looks like shit

What theme is that?

gave pic related to my 8yo daughter this weekend. dusted off the 2008 imac to fill it with some music i purchased on bandcamp that i know she likes + some old AAC i ripped a decade ago. throw in a docked boombox and AKG-headphones and it's like christmas for her.

Semi related 90% of questions about my opinion about some tech my father is interested of buying is just seeking acceptance, not information or advice.

If you were my kid, I'd be in jail for beating the absolute living shit out of you every day for 20 years.
Seriously kid, you would have needed a wheelchair before you started preschool.

You don't even need Rockbox idiot you can just install the drivers separately and use third part music management software

I have two iPods and I use them all the time. On stays in my glovebox connected to my headunit and acts as an 80g music hard drive and the other gets plugged into my home theater system to do the same. The battery lasts for two weeks and my phone can keep it’s battery intact.

A boomer faggot used to itunes isn't gonna want to use anything else. An applefag boomer faggot most definitely not even going to try using anything else.

If you're so sure that he doesn't want to use anything but iTunes, then why the fuck did you suggest he put his music on an SD card and put it on his phone?

Just suck it up and help your dad with his computer problems. Boomers don't necessarily want the best option, they want the option that they are most used to.

>defending iToddlers

There is basically no right answer when recommending computer technology to a boomer or any tech-illiterate person. No matter what you do, they are going to find a reason to get upset.

Their go-to response is always "This looks too different, I can't learn it!" And even Windows 10 baffled my dad for a while.

Hey, I'm a boomer and I don't have a phone. Well, I have a landline.

>I had to install ITV hub on a Kindle Fire, >couldn't do it "device not supported" Amazon fucketry
>Okay, I have a Google Nexus pad with a broken screen,
>replace screen get it working,
>"device not supported", okay
>download apk
>adb install itvhub.apk
>install successful
>it works

>boomer dad wants a music player
Sounds like a good dad. Kill yourself for being a terrible son who wants to tether him to his phone.

He's not even an applefag, he just wanted one because that's what an applefag boomer friend had.

these are cheap, just fyi

Attached: Capture.jpg (874x1188, 114K)

Good music choice also post theme.

Holy shit you are a stupid motherfucker
>diagnoses charging port failure
>hasn't even tried charging it with another cable
>cables are like $5 at RadioShack

what the hell can I even use that damn thing for anymore
everytime I try to find a copy of Leopard for PPC it's some ridiculous price, and the decently-priced ones are usually intel only with a lie on the ad. Burning to DVDs never works, and I can never find a copy small enough to fit onto a DVD anyhow. I don't think the my 1.8 Dual from 2004 works with booting to USB because i tried doing that for like a YEAR or so before giving up and just installing tiger.

also I can't find decently priced gig sticks anywhere at DDR (400 MHz) speed, so i'm stuck with this really suckish 3.5 gig experience.

any tips?

>radioshack
Doesn't exist anymore.

firewire isn't sold at chain stores anymore...
and the thirty-pin connector... yikes.

Somewhat related, for music I keep on my phone should I stick with mp3 320 or is ogg vorbis better?

dont convert from mp3 to vorbis, they're both lossy and you'll just end up with shittier files

FLAC -> vorbis is theoretically better than FLAC->MP3 and will get smaller file sizes, but less compatibility

>Radioshack
We found the boomer, boys!

Cool, I keep everything in FLAC at home, just don't have enough space for everything on my phone.

You're a garbage son. I don't know why he bothered having you.

You should have given him this

Attached: Commodore 64.jpg (250x158, 10K)

Yeah because going jogging with a breakable 6" phone made of glass is a good idea. Your dad had the right idea.

You should've gone for a new Chinese music player instead of getting used Appleshit.

>not getting him a walkman instead
sounds like your dad is a gay ass millennial rather than a based boomer, you zoomer

What's with all the edgy faggots trying to defend OP's dad for being a boomer ancient tech illiterate dinosaur? It's OP's dad that is the faggot in this case.