Firefox is botnet

> Open Firefox
> Do nothing
> 37K of telemetry sent

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 11.39.40 PM.png (1172x788, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

restoreprivacy.com/secure-browser/
bitchute.com/video/JzJc0WMzdX8/
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/88/World_Time_Zones_Map.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One of the worst botnets there is

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 11.39.05 PM.png (1182x816, 184K)

Wow thankfully I use brave!

>open program I didn't pay for
>get mad they're trying to make money without my consent

>ad for Mozilla in bottom of image
Y THO?

>oy gevalt, they're sending information about my drivers and other shit that doesn't matter and can't affect me in any negative way!
Clearly you've never developed a piece of software in your life if you think compatibility and version information have no bearing on user-reported issues or crashes.

That's just the link preview from where he mentioned mozilla.org

Wow thankfully I use chrome
Pretty sure the only people that care aboot internet privacy are pedophiles, terrorists, and drug dealers

Because he typed mozilla.org.

>proxy calls to Google
what did he mean by this

Attached: retard-receiving-certificate-congratulations-youre-retarded(1).jpg (489x400, 109K)

Mozilla has always made a public stance against this abuse, of course it never stopped them and those of us who were paying attention knew that this was happening.

Oh no
I've been memed on
This makes everything I previously said completely invalidated

Attached: Role Model.png (469x377, 78K)

Wow
Good thing I use dick dick go

>This makes everything I previously said completely invalidated
Post shit, get shit.

Seething pedophile cope

>37K
bytes. that's like 5 letters

>pedophile
Why don't you just mail your hard drives to the NSA """if you have nothing to hide"""

BASED VIVALDI

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 11.58.30 PM.png (1172x2092, 1.36M)

jokes on you bud, I bite down on a stick every sunday while the nsa checks my data

>Vivaldi shill
Makes perfect sense now.

seething

Nah I actually used Vivaldi for a few years. It was a good browser and all, but it had some privacy issues of its own. Configuring it was a bit clunky as well, though it looked gorgeous with some UI tweaks and quality of life changes. Had a few problems loading some content here and there and a few freezing issues, but it was alright.

Because I only use SSD you seething pedophile Muslim terrorist cocaine dealer.

ok cool
take your meds

>packet capture on windows 10
>wondering why so many random calls for telemetry shit

Whoa....

>unironically using firecocks

Attached: AnimuFacepalm.jpg (372x363, 57K)

sending all of the data to mozilla servers then to 3rd parties as needed

what do I use to perform this check on my GNU/Linux?

Is there any non-chromium browser that isn't shit?

lynx

And what do you use?

Attached: 1544970790986.jpg (577x622, 45K)

Hi Mozilla employee. All this information can be used to finger print you.

At least with firefox you can turn all this shit off with about:config settings, although it takes some digging. Check out ghacks user.js.
For chromium you're fucked and have to patch the source and pray you caught everything.

>privacy.resistFingerprinting = true
Spoofs everything so you get a clean slate.

what OP posted was the install process
How are you going to change the about:config shit without firefox installed already?

qutebrowser
everything else is unbearable trash

yes. He totally avoided the piwik botnet inside vivaldi.

Easy. Install Firefox and don't open it until you toss on your profile in the folder. Pings and telemetry happen when first launching Firefox to get information about your hardware and shit so they can fix any issues that may pop up compatibility-wise, as well as to check whether or not you're using an up to date version of whichever branch you've decided to use so they can ignore you if you bitch about having issues on Firefox 31.

Fiddler

moving to surf

Brave has even more telemetry.

USE ICECAT PEOPLE

>firefox seems slow... to... start

thanks.
just did this and it changed my browser clock to 4 hours ahead...why? can i fix it and keep the fingerprint resistance?

faggofox tranny devs are sending all you hate speech they kelog along with your ip and deviceid to the adl the fbi and antifa

Only good browsers for privacy are:
>based tier
Tor -only option that actively tries to prevent fingerprinting by homogenising the userbase, but obviously brings with it negatives for the user experience if u care about "look and feel" shit
>ok tier
Palemoon, icecat, ungoogled chromium, potentially librefox in the future

But the best way to use the nternet is not to use it at all
Also the wiki is shit tier for advice on this, go to spyware.neocities.org or digdeeper.neocities.org instead
Umatrix is a god tier addon
Use dan pollocks hosts file from someonewhocares.org
Other tools of interest though not necessarily all relevant are:
>wireshark/tshark
>opensnitch
>mitmproxy

that's the joke, user.

#Jow Forums
/\bcoc\b/i;boards:g
/luddite/i
/diversity/i;boards:g
/fizzbuzz/i
/\bmanchild/i
/^past a certain age/i
/\bgayme/i
/apple/i;boards:g
/botnet/i;boards:g
/privacy/i;boards:g
/systemd/i;boards:g
/telemetry/i
/\bmac/i
/macos/i

most disturbing thing about firefox's telemetry is that nearly all distros of it (excluding tor browser) have health report/telemetry switched on by default. soon as you run it for the first time, off goes your data to (((mozilla))). i don't recall if chrome is the same way, haven't used it in years, but wouldn't surprise me.

thanks!
more good stuff on your topics:
restoreprivacy.com/secure-browser/

The founding fathers were British terrorists.

Not according to the tests, ironically brave is one of the cleanest along with Vivaldi

I love how MS were touting the removal/replaced of google services and it turn out that edge is now a worse botnet than chrome

Attached: edge-chromium-removed-replaced-services.jpg (1200x677, 98K)

to show FF's hypocrisy?

lol

Attached: Sieppaa.png (944x248, 16K)

My biggest gripe with Vivaldi was how slow the URL bar felt. Typing in websites that I had visited before but weren't on my favorites took up at least 3 to 5 seconds to auto-complete the URL or show a list of websites that fit what I just typed. And the list of websites it showed or the auto-completed sites were rarely ordered in any sort of way, they just seemed to be randomly chucked onto the list, which made it very unreliable.
Opening the History page was equally as slow, it lagged everywhere, whatever I tried to do there. This didn't happen in just one computer, but three different ones, with different CPUs and plenty of RAM.
It's a shame, because I really liked the browser. If they fixed history and search bar, I'd jump back in a heart beat, but they didn't do anything for it in the 3 or 4 years I used it, so I just had to get out, it was driving me mad.

52 ESR does not have this problem.

I've lost count but I'm pretty sure this is close to the 20th thread about an issue present in QUantum that simply does not exist in 52 ESR. Good stuff, nu-Mozilla.

"Founding fathers" were freemasons that found pre flood structures.
They didn't build things, they didn't plan out the building of things, they didn't find things.
They _found_ things.
Look at old history footage, it's all dusty.
Cities were found not built.
bitchute.com/video/JzJc0WMzdX8/

Attached: obvs tranny.jpg (600x600, 94K)

Thankfully I use Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro - 11 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_05.44_[2019.08.24_15.10.54].jpg (1920x1080, 117K)

>they didn't find things.
>They _found_ things.

why did my browser clock change to 4 hours ahead when i did this? can i fix it ?

Obviously, why wouldn't you just browse with Emacs?

chrome has something called metrics reporting, there is no way to stop recording of metrics but reporting is off by default, you can view what is being recorded at chrome://histograms

What's your timezone? IceCat shows me time in UTC, this must be doing the same thing.

have sex

or maybe.. check this one trick out.. disable networking while configuring firefox
hacker moves right there

sir, please do the needful and install google™ chrome™ sir

Vivalid was a slow piece of shit last time I tried it.

Why hasn't someone created a program yet that just sends these fucks gigabytes of false telemetry, if they want data then can have it. I feel abusing their systems would be the only correct way to deal with this. Not a ddos but just mountains of useless crap slowly poisoning their precious data goldmine.

...because as you say it qualifies as abuse and I don't want Mozilla burying my remote network with abuse reports?

But hey if someone has more network than sense I'll slap together something sure.

no shit

disable it from about:config you fucking retard
cringe

(OP)
disable it from about:config you fucking retard
cringe

Eastern time zone (U.S). But then my clock should show 5 hours ahead of my true time--not 4...? ( upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/88/World_Time_Zones_Map.png )

There must be some way to fix it without reenabling telemetry. Anyone know?

if abuse reports mattered I wouldn't get spammed by botnets trying to connect to port 22
resistFingerprinting has nothing to do with telemetry. all it does is remove some fingerprintable information and one of those pieces of information is timezone info

pedo website.

>looks pretty standard
>expected for compat reasons
Whatever makes you sleep at night.

It's 4 instead of 5 because it ignores daylight saving time

Thanks! of course! can't believe i didn't think of that. So is there no way to keep the fingerprint blocking but also get back my correct time?

K
>bytes. that's like 5 letters
>37 bytes = 5 letters
Are you retarded on purpose or braindamaged?

People still use firetrash after its stunt with the addons?
And lmao at google shills defending this saying that it doesn't matter.