Why yes, I do recognize that undervolting is the new overclock, how could you tell?

Why yes, I do recognize that undervolting is the new overclock, how could you tell?

Attached: 8oty82qrsdz21.png (680x760, 191K)

Based

Attached: Screenshot_20190827_011500.png (260x96, 8K)

i need to know what this guys voice sounds like

Redpill me on undervolting. Why should I do it to my 2700X and Vega 64 LC?

the inner electrical engineer in me died a little

Run my 9900k at 4.7Ghz (4.6Ghz AVX). Noctua NH-U14S at 300RPM, not audible. Temperatures get up to ~75-80C during intense renders, ~60C during gaming and shit.

>undervolting

what the fuck is wrong with these people? why are you willing to cuck yourself saving 0.8 usd per year to make your card perform worse

When I downvolt my RX 580 my performance increases and temps go down. The trick is that I keep having to manually load the profile in wattman because of some system failure prompt that pops up every time I boot the computer.

That's normal behavior with amd drivers

In order to get a wider range of working processors, companies set higher than optimal voltages which results in higher heat generation.
But this also means that a lot of processors ship that'll happily run ~0.1V lower than their specified setting.
This means your chips could run cooler but also means that by undervolting your processor may turbo for longer periods before it throttles back due to thermals or power limiting.
But it is a gamble. You won't know if your processor is stable undervolted until you try it.

How do I get it to stay at that profile?

>perform worse
You must be an Intcel user. AMD Ryzen CPUs perform better by undervolting as it keeps the temperature lower thus allowing the CPU to hit a higher automated boost frequency for longer. This is in fact how it will work on future Intcel CPUs if they finally get to 7nm, since you can't scale clock frequencies anymore at lower nodes. The physics of semiconductors is entirely different at this smaller scale. You kids hoping for higher frequencies and good overclocking capabilities on future Intcel CPUs are in for a rude awakening when you are slammed with the reality that your immature minds will not be able to process. Your brains will turn to proverbial jelly as the cognitive dissonance overwhelms you, triggering acute psychosis before suicidal thoughts finish you off and you take your own lives.

Attached: 1562535444083.webm (848x480, 1.78M)

>negative voltage
So you sipping electricity out of your pc?

Attached: 1552788511573.jpg (309x407, 17K)

Buy an nvidia card if you want driver stability

There is a reason why amd is cheaper than the competition and that's because they skimp on support among other things

Probably showing delta you noob.

Just means your cooling setup sucks if your processor is throttling itself.

This is the best fanboy post I have seen. Keep it up user

>*pc freezes*

Or your motherboard sucks if it is throttling for power reasons.
But, you can save money on a cooler if you can just undervolt.

>Cucked DELL bios won't let me touch my CPU voltages
>XTU doesn't support U CPUs anymore
>Older version that support them is crap and stops applying the undervolt after a reboot
>Throttlestop is maximum autismo jankware
Please tell me there's some sort of professional my ass DELL bios I can install, I'm tired of this shit.

Attached: 1549471388743.jpg (640x635, 284K)

>American """"houses"""" are literally made of cardboard

What do you think cardboard is made out of?

Ahh the daily AMD cope thread

American houses?

>saving money on a cooler

Attached: 28 - 1NREg1g.jpg (226x223, 13K)

What's your house made of? Concrete and steel?

bricks and cement

So are most American houses that aren't cash-grab McMansions.
My house has a concrete walled basement with red brick walls above it. The floors and roof are wooden because steel spans would have been ridiculously overkill, especially in 1922.

>"Yes, i would like to order a baconator with extra lettuce."
>"Oh, that? Its my favorite beverage enhancement, G-Fuel, thanks for noticing."

Attached: gamerchad.png (1080x1331, 786K)

throw out the 2700x and get a 9700k

Why undervolt instead of overclocking?
I would, but I'm not a faggot with more money than sense.

Why yes, I do have an email address.
[email protected]

Attached: 1566919173330.jpg (1080x1331, 109K)

Quite right, my K processor is running at completely stock speeds

Attached: images.jpg (209x241, 4K)

>Why undervolt instead of overclocking?
That's up to you. You can choose between:
>A) 107% performance at 140% power draw
>B) 100% performance at 85% power draw or
>C) 80% performance at 50% power draw
This is only a thing because v/f curve is exponential.

>not going for the chad 50% perf at 10% power draw

Attached: power draw.png (1482x591, 122K)

Nice, keep that up for a few years and you'll be able to afford a real cpu

How the fuck do you underclock anything in loonix? It needs mountain of work before you can even do it like kernel reconmpiling with modules and god knows what other freetard garbage.